Cal Surplus Simple Carbs vs Complex

Hi I understand that for muscular growth you need a surplace of caleries ie take on more caleries than you expend so you body can grow

I also understand that you need plenty protien good fats and complex carbs but should your excess caleries come from only protien good fats and complex carbs (thats alot of food for me)

Or does it not matter so long as your getting your protien and good fats you can have an easy to consume surpless of simple carbs? So long as your getting more caleries than you expend the body will allow muscular growth?

I ask because 90% of weight gain supplements contain maltodextrin (a slightly modified simple carb) or a tonne of sugar etc! This would suggest it is benificial to use simple carbs to gain muscular weight!?

(I have a relitively high metabolism I can eat a tonne of junk food for long periods of time and not get fat at all! I put on muscle fairly easy too!)

So simple carbs or only complex carbs? Thanks in advance!

Maltodextrin is not the same as eating jelly beans. Simple carbs have their place. Obviously the ideal scenario is simple good carbs only around the workout and complex good carbs at all other times.

Please learn how to fucking spell if you wish to be taken cereally.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Please learn how to fucking spell if you wish to be taken cereally. [/quote]

Lmao. (I actually just spit my coffee bro)

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Lmao. (I actually just spit my coffee bro)

S

[/quote]

:wink: I’m glad it wasn’t Anaconda, that would have made me feel bad lol

Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s either getting it complimentary or at a reduced rate for being a test subject. Hey Stu, are you using CTs newest protocol that doesn’t require either of the Surge drinks?

I think it was Alpha-GPC, Finibars, Anaconda and MAG-10 just before and during workout.

How’s that going for you?

Love those chocolate Finibars by the way…

Maltodextrin how does the body process that compared to a simple or complex carb? Is it bad for you like having lots of simple carbs is?

Ive heard its bad for you and not much different from a simple carb and its just a way for the supplements companies to be cheap and fill their products with easy to consume sugars and bypass the FDA because its slightly altered and can legally be listed as a complex carb even though it isnt!?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Lmao.

S[/quote]

X2

Also what Bonez said – simple carbs around your workout and complex the rest of the day.