T Nation

Caffeine Hypersensitivity and Fat Loss

Hey, guys! Been lurking on this forum for some time. Anyway, I want to cut for summer and have been considering trying out some supplements for fat loss once I’m off my current Creatine cycle. I’m hypersensitive to caffeine and caffeine-like substances, however, so I’m not sure what I can use, if anything? Any advice?

Cheers

Look for stuff with synephrine (citrus aurantium) in it if you are looking for metabolic stim. Please, only if you are 18+.

I am caff snesitive whats some good synephrine supplements out there? Man I wish they had a caffeine free HOT-ROX…

Same! But, just to clarify, I think I’m generally sensitive to stimulants, so I don’t know if Synephrine is right for me; still worried it might make me too jittery. Is there any way to accelerate metabolism and burn fat without caffeine?

Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn’t have to be a supplement. I wouldn’t mind doing something like, say, 50 jump rope skips every 30 minutes to accelerate my metabolism throughout the day. (That, or HIIT every day). However, I’m afraid this might lead to a fast burnout!

If it’s just the jittery feeling you don’t like (as opposed to high blood pressure, for instance), realize that you will become less sensitive to the stimulant if you keep taking it. Also, if you lift or do cardio soon after taking the stimulant, it boosts your performance and gets rid of the jitters.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Hey, guys! Been lurking on this forum for some time. Anyway, I want to cut for summer and have been considering trying out some supplements for fat loss once I’m off my current Creatine cycle. I’m hypersensitive to caffeine and caffeine-like substances, however, so I’m not sure what I can use, if anything? Any advice?

Cheers[/quote]

are you sensitive to stimulants because you get anxiety and the likes? have you ever tried supplementing with magnesium?? i was horribly sensitive to caffiene and any other stim. i could drink half a cup of joe and get all shaky and nervous/anxiety but i started to take magnesium and BAM, none of it. look it up, youll see.