T Nation

Caffeine Free Spike vs Spike

For those who have tried both, is there a huge difference due to the lack of caffeine? Thanks.

For me yes, there is a big difference. Spike with the caffeine is much more effective. Of the times I have tried caffeine-free spike I, unfortunately, did not “feel” it working that well.

Caffeine-free Spike will focus your mind just like regular Spike, but it will not keep you awake. It only stimulates the mind, while regular Spike gives you a bit of physical energy as well.

IMO, they’re pretty different, even though they’re both called “Spike”.

The only diff is the caffeine, though, right? So if I had coffee with the caffeine-free, I should get the effects of regular spike?

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
The only diff is the caffeine, though, right? So if I had coffee with the caffeine-free, I should get the effects of regular spike? [/quote]

Well, the composition is posted in the T-Nation store, just click on the freakin’ “Supplement Facts” links and read.

No, it’s not just caffeine.

I tried caffeine-free Spike + caffeine, just for the sake of experiment, and it was fairly different from any Spike tablet.

i switched to the caffeine free version when it came out because I train at around 6pm and I dont have any caffeine in my diet so it was hard for me to sleep taking orignal Spike.

The caffeine in Spike would also be to much of a shock to my system at times so I stick to the caffeine free version now, it still gives me some good energy and helps with my mind.