T Nation

Caffeine Causes Breast Changes

Coffee can shrink the size of women�??s boobs, shock research revealed yesterday.

The caffeine-fuelled drink is well-known for keeping people alert and sobering up drunks.

But Swedish scientists have caused a stir by suggesting women who drink more than three cups a day could see their bra size drop.

Tests by cancer researchers found half of all women have a gene linking breast size to coffee intake.

Nearly 300 women were quizzed but Helena Jernstroem, of Lund University, said women should not worry too much.

She explained: �??Coffee-drinking women do not have to worry their breasts will shrink to nothing overnight. They will get smaller, but the breasts aren�??t just going to disappear.

�??Anyone who thinks they can tell which women are coffee drinkers just from their bra measurements will be disappointed. There are two measurements for a bra �?? the cup size and the girth, so you wouldn�??t be able to tell.�??

While caffeine may shrink women�??s breasts, the reaction is the reverse for coffee-slurping blokes �?? it can make their �??moobs�?? swell.

On the plus side, the study showed regular hits of caffeine reduce the risk of women developing breast cancer.

Well this was really surprising to me, the part about males, becuase i drink a LOT of diet coke, like around a litre or more a day. Everyone dont jump on that statement and say that just drinking a litre of that stuff is bad, but what i was surprised is the link of it to growing moobs. I just thought it was interesting so im sharing it.

I drink about 12 cups of coffee a day! I really do, and yes I know that is a ridiculous amount of coffee but I really, really like it.

no breast shrinkage, none… nada… nope

Any proof?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
I drink about 12 cups of coffee a day! I really do, and yes I know that is a ridiculous amount of coffee but I really, really like it.

[/quote]

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Any proof?

OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

I am pretty sure my breasts are proof enough… I think you get a complimentary pic of my tits when you sign up for T-Nation

Curses. Do I need to create a second account now?

tribunaldude wrote:
Any proof?

OctoberGirl wrote:

I am pretty sure my breasts are proof enough… I think you get a complimentary pic of my tits when you sign up for T-Nation

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finally someone who drinks as much caffine as me :smiley: even tho it has like no effect one me.

I wouldnt mind some breast shrinkage tho :frowning:

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Curses. Do I need to create a second account now?

OctoberGirl wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Any proof?

OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

haha! okay… that was good and made me laugh

BAN CAFFEINE!

Does crack do this? No. Does heroine? No.
Clearly no drug is as dangerous or destructive as this evil boob destroying substance. Time for caffeine to go.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Finally someone who drinks as much caffine as me :smiley: even tho it has like no effect one me.

I wouldnt mind some breast shrinkage tho :([/quote]

if you read it properly, it says that it increases the size of men’s breasts, and reduces the size of women’s.

I call shenanigans too. I drink a pot of coffee a day (about 10 cups) and I’ve been a solid C for 9 years.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

if you read it properly, it says that it increases the size of men’s breasts, and reduces the size of women’s.[/quote]

This would explain why i’m sporting a large C cup. And here, I thought god heard my prayers. Damn science!!

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

if you read it properly, it says that it increases the size of men’s breasts, and reduces the size of women’s.

This would explain why i’m sporting a large C cup. And here, I thought god heard my prayers. Damn science!!
[/quote]

Good fellow i was referring to how i wouldnt mind some breast shrinkage being a guy, even though i know it makes guys breasts grow.

Huh. Well that explains a lot.

Edit The article, not the previous couple of posts.

Caffeine can cause 'Fibrocystic Breast ‘Disease’" to some extent. For some, getting off of caffeine/coffee eliminates the problem. Stopping chocolate would be a major problem for some!

I expect that losses of progesterone are part of the problem. Lower progesterone leads to unopposed estrogen aka estrogen dominance.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Caffeine can cause 'Fibrocystic Breast ‘Disease’" to some extent. For some, getting off of caffeine/coffee eliminates the problem. Stopping chocolate would be a major problem for some!

I expect that losses of progesterone are part of the problem. Lower progesterone leads to unopposed estrogen aka estrogen dominance.[/quote]

I’m doomed.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
imhungry wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Good fellow i was referring to how i wouldnt mind some breast shrinkage being a guy, even though i know it makes guys breasts grow.[/quote]

I know. I was playing, and I didn’t mean to quote you.

Bah. I drink 6-8 cups of coffee a day and almost as much tea and I’m still wearing Ds.

Whats the point of drinking coffee?

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Whats the point of drinking coffee?[/quote]

Are you serious?? The point is to savour every drop of it’s heavenly goodness, that’s the point!!

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Whats the point of drinking coffee?[/quote]

I dunno, what’s the point of screwing if you’re not trying to reproduce?