T Nation

CAD exercise questions

Hi CT,
Can you describe how to perform step up jumps, Do I step up, jump and land on that foot on what I stepped up on or do I jump off. Sorry if that’s a dumb one.
Also, how do I do depth jumps, and
1/2 ballistic pushups.
And the med ball throw from chest that is done standing or do you lie down and throw it from the chest and catch it?

For the step up jumps you’re going to need either a box or a training bench. You want your knee to be bent at 90 degrees when your foot is on the bench/box.

One leg is on the box, the other is on the floor. Using only the leg on the bench, jump up as high as possible. In mid-air you switch legs and upon landing you repeat the exercises (this time with the opposite leg of course).

Thanks a lot CT
Maybe you could help me with 2 more.
1/2 ballistic pushups.
And the med ball throw from chest that is done standing or do you lie down and throw it from the chest and catch it?
Thanks

1/2 ballistic push ups are ballistic/jump push ups during which you only dip down a few inches. The goal is to do as many reps as possible within a set time frame.

The med ball throw can be done several ways:

1. Lying on a bench, punching the ball upward. You either catch the ball or have a partner catch it for you.

2. Sitting down, back on the wall, you project the ball forward; the back must not leave the wall. A partner roll the ball back to you.

3. Standing up, throwing the med ball trying to minimize trunk movement. This later variation have the downside of allowing more cheating but allows you to sprint after your ball, combining starts/acceleration with upper body power.