Cabergoline/Selegiline. ATTN: KSMAN

@KSMAN

How would you recommend dosing cabergoline and selegiline.

What is benefit of taking both?

It is my thinking that they work different dopamine pathways

I take cabergoline for a prolactinoma. I did a trial run of selegiline (didn’t stop cabergoline) for about a month and found that I actually felt worse. I was noticeably more irritable. May not be the same for you, though.

KSman recommends 5mg/week in divided doses. He’s been busy with work and hasn’t been on here in a few days.

One increases dopamine production and the other reduces the rate of destruction. If you get too much dopamine, you can feel “heady”. I recommend that small amount of both be used to work both sides of the equation. That is a synergy. So you need to use less than the suggested dosing of each. I try to use very small amounts.

[quote]KSman wrote:
One increases dopamine production and the other reduces the rate of destruction. If you get too much dopamine, you can feel “heady”. I recommend that small amount of both be used to work both sides of the equation. That is a synergy. So you need to use less than the suggested dosing of each. I try to use very small amounts.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply KSMan.

I am going to start with .25 mg of cabergoline twice per week once it arrives.

I will then add selegiline after a few weeks. I was thinking of dosing at 2.5 mg ED or EOD, what are your thoughts on this dosage?

Do you notice strength/testosterone increases when you increase dopamine (within reason)?

I do not do resistance training. But restoring dopamine levels may very well improve your brains ability to command the muscles as well as improve motivation.

Both drugs have long term effects that extend well beyond what the serum half life implies. You may not need more than 5mg selegiline per week.

On TRT, there is no reason to expect a connection to serum T levels.

[quote]KSman wrote:
I do not do resistance training. But restoring dopamine levels may very well improve your brains ability to command the muscles as well as improve motivation.

Both drugs have long term effects that extend well beyond what the serum half life implies. You may not need more than 5mg selegiline per week.

On TRT, there is no reason to expect a connection to serum T levels.[/quote]

Thanks KS.

What is your style of training if I may ask?

I am an athlete and thinking/hoping that by restoring dopamine, I will be able to learn new skills faster and have more coordination. Also hoping to boost sexual function.

Training? None, other than a reasonably active lifestyle for a old guy.