CA Gas Prices Soar Overnight

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Apple’s profit margin is like 30%. I’m still waiting for all the hippies to boycott and protest them.[/quote]

I think nobody cares because (1) they see Apple as an “alternative” type of corporation and (2) you don’t really need an Apple product. It’s a lot easier to charge a lot for something that is considered a luxury.

james[/quote]

The general sentiment is that profit as a specific thing is bad. Profit is evil. It is easier only because the hippies are enormous hypocrites.

Typical,

If you live on the coast, it means your money situation is such that you need not worry to begin with.

Not everyone lives on the coast, but fear not, because if you are deemed to be in a fire hazard area (and don’t think that living on the coast is an exemption, ask those in Malibu about it), you will be taxed additionally.

Also, your water and energy costs are reflective of what your landlord is hit with. Meaning, if he is taxed more (whether it be property taxes, energy costs, water, or whatever) it means your rent goes up.

No one is exempt from energy cost increases, but you’re ballin’ enough to have the mighty Pacific as your backyard, you’re probably not one to be bitching to begin with.

Keep in mind, if Moonbeam’s taxes pass, your landlord might be taxed more, which means your rent goes up. See how this works ? Your landlord is not going to just eat the loss.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

The general sentiment is that profit as a specific thing is bad. Profit is evil. It is easier only because the hippies are enormous hypocrites.[/quote]

I think this comes from the same person that claims Democrats think the wealthy are evil same mentality and NOT TRUE. Everyone likes profits from their investment . How many hippies do you know ?

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Apple’s profit margin is like 30%. I’m still waiting for all the hippies to boycott and protest them.[/quote]

I think nobody cares because (1) they see Apple as an “alternative” type of corporation and (2) you don’t really need an Apple product. It’s a lot easier to charge a lot for something that is considered a luxury.

james[/quote]

Many of the same smelly Occu-Poo protestors were seen typing and blogging away on their iPhones and iPads, while sipping on Starbucks.

It’s a hard sell to say, “fuck the 1%” when you’re blogging away on your smart phone device.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Max - I suppose that my point is that my wife, son, and I live well within our means. Does higher gas prices mean less available free cash? Sure, but going to the beach or park is free. Our cars are all paid for and Toyota products so they should both last for $300k. We rent a house on the coast and it’s near to both of our work and our son’s school. And we make enough money so that we’re fairly well insulated from these price spikes.

And yes, there is a lot of misinformation about oil company subsidies.

james[/quote]

Atypicall1:

You seem to have set yourself up very nicely, which is great in my opinion. I wish more people lived the way you seem to live; however, most people don’t get a company car and it isn’t as simple as living close to work. The cost of living in the D.C./MD/Northern VA area, for example, is far more than northern MD and the commute is managable. Personally I work in Baltimore City, if I lived here (owned), I’d pay about double or $6,000+ in property taxes alone and Bmoore is the worst city in MD. So I commute for that reason among others and believe me if I could find a job closer to home I would, but good luck with that.

My point is you seem to have this attitude that if it doesnâ??t affect you than I don’t care. Well what about everyone else being screwed? What if it did affect you?

Can you see the flip side of your situation. What about the janitor making $9 bucks an hour, do you think he can afford to pay $6 a gallon?

For some people $6 bucks a gallon is an inconvenience. For others it’s a huge expense on an already burdened budget.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

The general sentiment is that profit as a specific thing is bad. Profit is evil. It is easier only because the hippies are enormous hypocrites.[/quote]

I think this comes from the same person that claims Democrats think the wealthy are evil same mentality and NOT TRUE. Everyone likes profits from their investment . How many hippies do you know ?[/quote]

Nothing wrong with hippies enjoying profits, just stop the hate because someone made MORE of a profit than you did.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I think this comes from the same person that claims Democrats think the wealthy are evil same mentality and NOT TRUE. Everyone likes profits from their investment . How many hippies do you know ?[/quote]

10-ish? And I said that Obama specifically believes success should be punished. He basically stated that very plainly.

More Cali lulz…

Sorry Max.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

10-ish? And I said that Obama specifically believes success should be punished. He basically stated that very plainly.[/quote]

Oh I think that Obama likes success…MOAR TAX OPPS BABY!

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
@lifty Are you saying you do not care the amount of time your investment takes to make %5 return ?[/quote]

You totally confuse the issue: in order for me to even get a return on my investment businesses must profit first.

Yes, I want a higher rate of return so I want businesses to profit more.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Typical,

If you live on the coast, it means your money situation is such that you need not worry to begin with.

Not everyone lives on the coast, but fear not, because if you are deemed to be in a fire hazard area (and don’t think that living on the coast is an exemption, ask those in Malibu about it), you will be taxed additionally.

Also, your water and energy costs are reflective of what your landlord is hit with. Meaning, if he is taxed more (whether it be property taxes, energy costs, water, or whatever) it means your rent goes up.

No one is exempt from energy cost increases, but you’re ballin’ enough to have the mighty Pacific as your backyard, you’re probably not one to be bitching to begin with.

Keep in mind, if Moonbeam’s taxes pass, your landlord might be taxed more, which means your rent goes up. See how this works ? Your landlord is not going to just eat the loss. [/quote]

Hardly ballin. I can see the ocean clearly but I’m not on the ocean.

And yes, I will certainly be impacted somewhat but there’s a lot of things people can do to shelter themselves from a lot of these costs but people make the choice to not do those. My wife and I could both be driving BMWs or Lexus’s. We could move to a big house somewhere east of here (no way we could afford a big house right on the coast). But we made a decision to not go that route and that really helps us absorb these price jumps. The friend that bitches the most about gas prices is also the friend who has huge debt and is driving a new GT-R. Downsize and suddenly prices aren’t an issue.

james

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Many of the same smelly Occu-Poo protestors were seen typing and blogging away on their iPhones and iPads, while sipping on Starbucks.

It’s a hard sell to say, “fuck the 1%” when you’re blogging away on your smart phone device. [/quote]

Oh, I totally agree. It’s most certainly really hypocritical of them. Not to mention that when Apple tries to restrict the free market and become a monopoly it’s OK but when Walmart does it it’s evil.

james

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I think this comes from the same person that claims Democrats think the wealthy are evil same mentality and NOT TRUE. [/quote]

Right, they only like the ones giving them money to run for office.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Not to mention that when Apple tries to restrict the free market and become a monopoly it’s OK but when Walmart does it it’s evil.

james[/quote]

I love you, but you knew that

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Nothing wrong with hippies enjoying profits, just stop the hate because someone made MORE of a profit than you did. [/quote]

when and or did I say I hated anyone ?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
@lifty Are you saying you do not care the amount of time your investment takes to make %5 return ?[/quote]

You totally confuse the issue: in order for me to even get a return on my investment businesses must profit first.

Yes, I want a higher rate of return so I want businesses to profit more.[/quote]

no , you introduced the word ratio when I was inquiring on the amount of time it took to make 5% profit

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

10-ish? And I said that Obama specifically believes success should be punished. He basically stated that very plainly.[/quote]

Oh I think that Obama likes success…MOAR TAX OPPS BABY![/quote]

Lamb Chop where you been :slight_smile:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I think this comes from the same person that claims Democrats think the wealthy are evil same mentality and NOT TRUE. [/quote]

Right, they only like the ones giving them money to run for office.[/quote]

we agree , same could be said for Republicans though

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Oh I think that Obama likes success…MOAR TAX OPPS BABY![/quote]

Lamb Chop where you been :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Killing things.

Glad to see you are still getting abused on here…there is no place like home.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Atypicall1:

You seem to have set yourself up very nicely, which is great in my opinion. I wish more people lived the way you seem to live; however, most people don’t get a company car and it isn’t as simple as living close to work. The cost of living in the D.C./MD/Northern VA area, for example, is far more than northern MD and the commute is managable. Personally I work in Baltimore City, if I lived here (owned), I’d pay about double or $6,000+ in property taxes alone and Bmoore is the worst city in MD. So I commute for that reason among others and believe me if I could find a job closer to home I would, but good luck with that.

My point is you seem to have this attitude that if it doesnâ??t affect you than I don’t care. Well what about everyone else being screwed? What if it did affect you?

Can you see the flip side of your situation. What about the janitor making $9 bucks an hour, do you think he can afford to pay $6 a gallon?

For some people $6 bucks a gallon is an inconvenience. For others it’s a huge expense on an already burdened budget.[/quote]

But you’re making a choice to own a place instead of renting. For some reason everyone thinks that they need to own a home but that’s not something that is guaranteed. It’s all about choices and if you make the choice to have a commute then you need to budget in $10 a gallon gas otherwise you’re setting yourself up to be struggling. And don’t forget that all of you commuters are the ones helping to drive the prices up. My demand isn’t that high so I have negligible impact. People filling up twice a week are definitely not helping things out.

You’re right about the janitor though and he can’t afford to pay $6 a gallon. But then he needs to ride the bus, live closer, or try to find work in a different city. I’m sympathetic to their plight and I don’t think that they should starve but throughout history the money you make impacts your choices. If you can’t afford children then don’t have them. If you can’t afford to buy a home then don’t. Side note, I really think it’s too bad that we pay so awfully for some important jobs and so poorly for some meaningless ones but that’s the world we live in.

james