CA Cross-Dressers

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:
I guess I’m the only person who doesn’t see what the problem is. Why do you care how other people dress?[/quote]

No problem at all as long as the business is given the same right to choose.[/quote]

The right to not employ certain people based on their personal beliefs?

That policy is already in effect.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:
I guess I’m the only person who doesn’t see what the problem is. Why do you care how other people dress?[/quote]

I guess it can be uncomfortable for the eye, at least until you get used to it. It’s just shocking until you get used to it. But after that, it should be all fine.

[/quote]

Easy to take that side, until; you bust your ass saving money to start your own business, you go into debt for said business, you work hard to expand your clientele, then one of your male workers shows up in a dress and make-up which turns away potential customers. But it should all be fine? You have the choice to wear whatever you want? So I guess I can show up tomorrow in a KKK robe? It’s only shocking until you get used to it. [/quote]

You and your strawman arguments are damn annoying. I refuse to argue with you. Argue with what I (we) say, don’t add any information to what we have said if that’s not the case.
It was exactly the same in the “dad of the day” thread.

If I talk about transexuals being shocking the first times, I am not talking about KKK, I am talking about transexuals. Is that clear?

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

I guess it can be uncomfortable for the eye, at least until you get used to it. It’s just shocking until you get used to it. But after that, it should be all fine.

[/quote]

Easy to take that side, until; you bust your ass saving money to start your own business, you go into debt for said business, you work hard to expand your clientele, then one of your male workers shows up in a dress and make-up which turns away potential customers. But it should all be fine? You have the choice to wear whatever you want? So I guess I can show up tomorrow in a KKK robe? It’s only shocking until you get used to it. [/quote]

You and your strawman arguments are damn annoying. I refuse to argue with you. Argue with what I (we) say, don’t add any information to what we have said if that’s not the case.

If I talk about transexuals being shocking the first times, I am not talking about KKK, I am talking about transexuals. Is that clear?
[/quote]

Why do they have more of a right to wear what they want than a Klansman?

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It isn’t a strawman. Serious question, Would you allow your employees to wear KKK robes?

Just to be clear, I doubt anyone gives a fuck if you want to wear a dress, I sure don’t. But for a court to rule that a private company with a dress code in place cannot dictate what it’s employees wear is crazy.

How about this. What if tomorrow your boss brings you into his office and says you must start wearing a dress and make-up to work or risk being fired. What do you do? If the pay was good enough you might give in and play dress up, if the pay wasn’t good you would quit. So why throw a fit when the opposite is the case?

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it you are not a man of principles then?

It must be bewildering to live in a moral universe without organizing principles, just one special case after another.

However, you are not going far enough with this, I say that left handed trannies are a totally different case than middle aged, balding crossdressers and if courts could please go through all the necessary permutations that are required to know what is permissible and what is not.

As a side not KKK robes are very close to crossdressing, what if I bedazzled them?

Would that make them ok?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

…The right to not employ certain people based on their personal beliefs?

That policy is already in effect.

[/quote]

Fallacious.

What if I believed in bathing in goat’s blood and wished to come to work with my body covered in it?

What if I believed in nudism and wanted to come to work naked?

What if I believed in piercings and wanted to come to work with one in my nose…three feet wide?

What if I believed in bathing only once every other month and wished to come to work in the time period in between?

Some of you people are less logical than a fucking jellyfish.
[/quote]

What are you talking about?

Those scenarios already have laws or policies that deal with them. (Health codes, safety practices, ect.)

My point was that business have the right to choose who they hire and/or employ. An employee can be fired just because someone doesn’t like/believe/approve of their way of life. It may not be legal but it would be foolish to believe that it doesn’t happen on a regular basis.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

It must be bewildering to live in a moral universe without organizing principles, just one special case after another.

However, you are not going far enough with this, I say that left handed trannies are a totally different case than middle aged, balding crossdressers and if courts could please go through all the necessary permutations that are required to know what is permissible and what is not.

As a side not KKK robes are very close to crossdressing, what if I bedazzled them?

Would that make them ok?[/quote]

What? I consider myself a man of principles and what you are saying has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I’m talking about crossdressing and he’s using what I say to add a totally different point of view, with things that are not even comparable.

You are using a strawman argument yourself! Why are we comparing totally different matters? It’s like when homosexuality is being discussed and people bring pedophilia into the argument.

It’s exactly the same and I have already said I refuse to argue on those points. It’s pointless. If we’re talking about a man wearing a skirt, we have to talk on things that are at the same level, not about an organization that is known for its hate-speech.

So you don’t think a business should be able to tell its employees what they can and can’t wear, but you’re ok with a government telling a business what its employees can and can’t wear? That is crazy my friend.

I still haven’t said a single word on what I think about the law, go figure.

There is no way they could wear “whatever they want.”
They would still be subject to the dress code, but it wouldn’t be gender specific.
If that bothers you so much, stay in Arkansas.

[quote]Edevus wrote:
[/quote]

Well then let it be known. Nothing stopping you but air and opportunity. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. So what do you think about the law Edevus?

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:
[/quote]

Well then let it be known. Nothing stopping you but air and opportunity. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. So what do you think about the law Edevus?[/quote]

I think that there should be some guidelines so business owners don’t go overboard (like, you can’t force your female workers to work only in underwear or you fire them) but besides that, they should have the last word on what people should be wearing.

So I kinda disagree with the law.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:
[/quote]

Well then let it be known. Nothing stopping you but air and opportunity. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. So what do you think about the law Edevus?[/quote]

I think that there should be some guidelines so business owners don’t go overboard (like, you can’t force your female workers to work only in underwear or you fire them) but besides that, they should have the last word on what people should be wearing.

So I kinda disagree with the law. [/quote]

I respect/agree with you there. Sorry for the bickering.

It’s fine. It’s just a pet peeve of mine, when people start to put words in my mouth, assume that I think X because I said Y and so on.

I guess I should have myself clear in my first post too.

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:
There is no way they could wear “whatever they want.”
They would still be subject to the dress code, but it wouldn’t be gender specific.
If that bothers you so much, stay in Arkansas.
[/quote]

Dumb post. Of course they can’t wear whatever they want. Did you miss my post where I said the fallout will be a non gender specific dress code. Point is would you drop your child off at a daycare full of Drag Queens? Hell no you wouldn’t. You would take your business elsewhere, yet you don’t think employees who disagree with the employer should take their career elsewhere. If I bother you so much, why don’t you stay in Mexico. Idiot.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would that make them ok?[/quote]

What? I consider myself a man of principles and what you are saying has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I’m talking about crossdressing and he’s using what I say to add a totally different point of view, with things that are not even comparable.

You are using a strawman argument yourself! Why are we comparing totally different matters? It’s like when homosexuality is being discussed and people bring pedophilia into the argument.

It’s exactly the same and I have already said I refuse to argue on those points. It’s pointless. If we’re talking about a man wearing a skirt, we have to talk on things that are at the same level, not about an organization that is known for its hate-speech.

[/quote]

Pish posh.

Either an employere can tell you how to dress when you work for him or he cant.

Is the person doing his/her job well? That’s all I care about. The way our youth dresses today (tattoos, piercings etc) would have been shocking 2 decades ago.

There are trannies among us, and sometimes you don’t even know it.

Let me ask you… what’s the first image that pops into your head when you think of a pirate?
Now, we’ve all heard that pirates still exist, but do you really think they look like what YOU imagine pirates look like? My point there is you IMAGINE the worst case scenario when you think of a trans=gender or cross-dresser.

Besides, where is it stated that trans-genders are pedophiles, or lazy, careless, inattentive workers?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Is the person doing his/her job well? That’s all I care about. The way our youth dresses today (tattoos, piercings etc) would have been shocking 2 decades ago.
[/quote]

Good to know for everyone who aspires to work for you.