T Nation

Bye Bye Pervez

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
And the party broke up.

damn!

How long before they start shooting at each other like in Gaza?[/quote]

I thought that’s how they party…Nothing says party like pumping lead in to some of your neighbors…

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
And the party broke up.

damn!

How long before they start shooting at each other like in Gaza?[/quote]

LOL. Another failed prediction. Oh well. Time to try shari’ah!

Ha!

Bhutto’s widower wins presidency

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7600917.stm

Hmm. Didn’t this dude want to be “Pakistan’s Sonia Gandhi”?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Ha!

Bhutto’s widower wins presidency

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7600917.stm [/quote]

Question: If he begins to crack down on terrorists in the tribal areas, is he suddenly going to be labeled a “brutal puppet dictator of The West”?

Seriously, how’s that going to work out in your ideoillogic?

It will be interesting in light of your post above to see how you will eventually spin it.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
I can guarantee that if the members of his church decided to collaborate together and write a text on his prophecy, the text would include eye witness accounts of miracles. This is despite the fact that to an outside observer it is comically obvious that the guy is a fraud. Most of his followers don’t seem to be of particularly low intelligence either, so their willingness to believe his bullshit can’t be explained by that.

He actually raises this point! In six minutes I am out for the next two days… but when I come back, I will try to post the section of Leviathan where he discusses exactly that.[/quote]

I’m reading Human Nature and De Corpore Politioco compilation right now(Oxford Classics). So after Leviathan it’s kinda going back to the roots of his ideas.

[i]"The 45-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) has finally given its nod to the Indo-US nuclear deal in Vienna on Saturday.

Ending three decades of isolation, India has joined the elite nuclear club. The NSG waiver has come through on the third day of the crucial talks in Vienna after push from the highest political level, the opposing countries gave their nod.

Sources say apart from External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s statement, there is no reference to ban on tests or termination of deal if India tests.

US President George W Bush called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh soon after the waiver came through. Congress president Sonia Gandhi congratulated the PM."[/i]

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080064332&ch=9/6/2008 6:51:00 PM

Does anyone expect Pakistan to kick back and applaud?

[quote]lixy wrote:
[i]"The 45-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) has finally given its nod to the Indo-US nuclear deal in Vienna on Saturday.

Ending three decades of isolation, India has joined the elite nuclear club. The NSG waiver has come through on the third day of the crucial talks in Vienna after push from the highest political level, the opposing countries gave their nod.

Sources say apart from External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s statement, there is no reference to ban on tests or termination of deal if India tests.

US President George W Bush called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh soon after the waiver came through. Congress president Sonia Gandhi congratulated the PM."[/i]

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080064332&ch=9/6/2008 6:51:00 PM

Does anyone expect Pakistan to kick back and applaud?[/quote]

No. I bet they’re pissed at A.Q. Khan now.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Does anyone expect Pakistan to kick back and applaud?

No. I bet they’re pissed at A.Q. Khan now.[/quote]

You don’t have a clue if you think that’s the case.

If they’re gonna be pissed at anything, it’s India getting preferential treatment.

And probably this as well: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7603398.stm

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Does anyone expect Pakistan to kick back and applaud?

No. I bet they’re pissed at A.Q. Khan now.

You don’t have a clue if you think that’s the case.

If they’re gonna be pissed at anything, it’s India getting preferential treatment.

And probably this as well: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7603398.stm[/quote]

Do you even understand what kind of secrets Khan was trafficking in? Because, what you said above has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on this forum. Khan’s recent history, for god’s sake.

And what’s it to you, concerning the drone strike? Haven’t you on this forum lamented the fact that we didn’t go into Pakistan instead of Iraq?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Do you even understand what kind of secrets Khan was trafficking in? Because, what you said above has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on this forum. Khan’s recent history, for god’s sake. [/quote]

Khan is adulated in Pakistan. They adore him. And they have every reason to. It’s thanks to him that their country is not India’s bitch.

As for your “secrets”, I’ll say wake up and smell the coffee. Information wants to be free and there’s nothing you (or anyone else) can do about it.

To me? Not much.

To the Pakistani population, it’s something to get pissed at.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Do you even understand what kind of secrets Khan was trafficking in? Because, what you said above has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on this forum. Khan’s recent history, for god’s sake.

Khan is adulated in Pakistan. They adore him. And they have every reason to. It’s thanks to him that their country is not India’s bitch.

As for your “secrets”, I’ll say wake up and smell the coffee. Information wants to be free and there’s nothing you (or anyone else) can do about it.

And what’s it to you, concerning the drone strike? Haven’t you on this forum lamented the fact that we didn’t go into Pakistan instead of Iraq?

To me? Not much.

To the Pakistani population, it’s something to get pissed at.[/quote]

So you thought you’d bitch about not giving Pakistan the same status as India, even though a MAJOR criteria of said status is non-proliferation of nuclear tech knowledge. Unbelievable.

And, when confronted with “psst, uh, they’re not given such a status because of a very recent episode(s) of their technical know-how being sold on the black market,” your response is “So! He’s a hero! They should wave that whole nonsense about not selling nuclear know-how on the black-market!” Next time, just say you don’t give a crap what Pakistan does, and I won’t waste my time pointing out major and obvious differences to you.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Do you even understand what kind of secrets Khan was trafficking in? Because, what you said above has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on this forum. Khan’s recent history, for god’s sake.

Khan is adulated in Pakistan. They adore him. And they have every reason to. It’s thanks to him that their country is not India’s bitch.

As for your “secrets”, I’ll say wake up and smell the coffee. Information wants to be free and there’s nothing you (or anyone else) can do about it.

And what’s it to you, concerning the drone strike? Haven’t you on this forum lamented the fact that we didn’t go into Pakistan instead of Iraq?

To me? Not much.

To the Pakistani population, it’s something to get pissed at.

So you thought you’d bitch about not giving Pakistan the same status as India, even though a MAJOR criteria of said status is non-proliferation of nuclear tech knowledge. Unbelievable.

And, when confronted with “psst, uh, they’re not given such a status because of a very recent episode(s) of their technical know-how being sold on the black market,” your response is “So! He’s a hero! They should wave that whole nonsense about not selling nuclear know-how on the black-market!” Next time, just say you don’t give a crap what Pakistan does, and I won’t waste my time pointing out major and obvious differences to you.[/quote]

“Bitch”? What gave you that idea? I strongly urge you to actually read what I post.

I asked if anyone thought Pakistan would just shrug off the decision to include India into the nuclear club. You replied " I bet they’re pissed at A.Q. Khan". Which makes absolutely no sense given the man’s rock star status in Pakistan.

“If they’re gonna be pissed at anything, it’s India getting preferential treatment.

What “preferential treatment?” They sort of, like, failed just about the most important criteria. Oh yeah, you don’t really care that it wasn’t preferential treatment, but their own failure. Because, you know, a black market nuclear tech dealer is a hero!

"Khan is adulated in Pakistan. They adore him. [u]And they have every reason to"[/u]

Just stop, for the love of Allah’s holy nuclear arsenal.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
And what’s it to you, concerning the drone strike? Haven’t you on this forum lamented the fact that we didn’t go into Pakistan instead of Iraq?

To me? Not much.

lixy wrote:
To the Pakistani population, it’s something to get pissed at.[/quote]

Oooook…But what’s your point? When you were pointing out that the US should’ve gone into Pakistan instead of Iraq, did you imagine we’d be dropping pillows on parachutes? What exactly did you think was going to happen when fighting an enemy that uses human shields (a practice you’ve defended)?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Do you even understand what kind of secrets Khan was trafficking in? Because, what you said above has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on this forum. Khan’s recent history, for god’s sake.

Khan is adulated in Pakistan. They adore him. And they have every reason to. It’s thanks to him that their country is not India’s bitch.

As for your “secrets”, I’ll say wake up and smell the coffee. Information wants to be free and there’s nothing you (or anyone else) can do about it.

And what’s it to you, concerning the drone strike? Haven’t you on this forum lamented the fact that we didn’t go into Pakistan instead of Iraq?

To me? Not much.

To the Pakistani population, it’s something to get pissed at.[/quote]

It would be a far better place if it were India’s bitch.

Pakistan soldiers ‘confront US’

“Pakistani troops have fired shots into the air to stop US troops crossing into the South Waziristan region of Pakistan, local officials say.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7396366.stm

This would probably have prompted retaliation had they not been in possession of nukes.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Pakistan soldiers ‘confront US’

“Pakistani troops have fired shots into the air to stop US troops crossing into the South Waziristan region of Pakistan, local officials say.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7396366.stm

This would probably have prompted retaliation had they not been in possession of nukes.[/quote]

And just what would they do with those nukes? Launching nukes is tantamount to suicide. Terrorists might do it, but state won’t sponsor it, that is of course unless they want to martyr the whole fucking country.

If we were afraid of nukes, we would never have attacked Pakistan’s tribal area to begin with.

We generally would not fire upon an ally’s armed forces.

If they were so bold because they have nukes, why fire the shots in the air? Why didn’t the Pakistan forces engage the US forces directly?

edit- today Pakistan announced they will engage US forces that cross their border. We should give them an alternatum. No more border incursions from Pakistan into Afghanistan or no more aid.

If terrorists continue to cross, cut off aid and have the Afghan National Army (not our forces) strike the tribal areas in Pakistan in retaliation while crying self defense.

And while we’re at it, the Indians could threaten Pakistan with retaliation for terrorist attacks on their soil.

Pakistan would be completely cut off, sorounded by enemy nations and stuck with an internal terrorist problem. They would then have to solve it themselves or beg us for more aid (which would come with permission to strike the tribal areas at our descression).