Bye Bye Gonzales

After Karl, it’s now Alberto’s turn to jump ship. I found his speech most illuminating. If you haven’t seen it already, here’s a transcript.

[i]GONZALES: Good morning.

Thirteen years ago I entered public service to make a positive difference in the lives of others. And during this time I have traveled a remarkable journey, from my home state of Texas to Washington, D.C., supported by the unwavering love and encouragement of my wife Rebecca and our sons Jared, Graham and Gabriel.

Yesterday I met with President Bush and informed him of my decision to conclude my government service as attorney general of the United States effective as of September 17th, 2007.

Let me say that it’s been one of my greatest privileges to lead the Department of Justice. I have great admiration and respect for the men and women who work here. I have made a point as attorney general to personally meet as many of them as possible, and today I want to again thank them for their service to our nation.

It is through their continued work that our country and our communities remain safe, that the rights and civil liberties of our citizens are protected, and the hopes and dreams of all of our children are secured.

I often remind our fellow citizens that we live in the greatest country in the world and that I have lived the American dream. Even my worst days as attorney general have been better than my father’s best days.

Public service is honorable and noble. And I am profoundly grateful to President Bush for his friendship and for the many opportunities he has given me to serve the American people.

Thank you, and God bless America.[/i]

What do you think of the speech? Enlightening, huh?

Good riddance, America!

The guy did a good job. Firing the bozos who weren’t up to snuff was used as a political football by the Democraps.

All those people serve purely at the whim of the POTUS. He can fire them at a moment’s notice. For the Dems to demagogue this is wrong, but expected.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
All those people serve purely at the whim of the POTUS. He can fire them at a moment’s notice. For the Dems to demagogue this is wrong, but expected.
[/quote]

This is all true. But, America will still be a better place without him as AG. He was a puppet of the president, just as Harriet Myers would have been.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
He was a puppet of the president, just as Harriet Myers would have been. [/quote]

Bush has been Gonzales’ boss for 13 years.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The guy did a good job. Firing the bozos who weren’t up to snuff was used as a political football by the Democraps.

[/quote]

LOL. If there wasn’t a problem in how things were being done…

1. Gonzo would still be on the job.

2. He wouldn’t have had to make such a lame asshole out of himself with the shameful “testimony” he gave.

Oh yeah, you are just trolling again, my bad!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Wait, I thought you wanted him fired for not being able to stand up to the democrats?

Good riddance to the lying scum

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

LOL. If there wasn’t a problem in how things were being done…

1. Gonzo would still be on the job.

2. He wouldn’t have had to make such a lame asshole out of himself with the shameful “testimony” he gave.

Oh yeah, you are just trolling again, my bad![/quote]

Look, we all know the Democraps are pure evil and that Hillary is really Satan. What’s yer point, Vroomy?

I have no problem with him firing the attorneys. His performance afterwards was embarrassing.

We deserve better but he was still far better than Janet Reno.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I have no problem with him firing the attorneys. His performance afterwards was embarrassing.

We deserve better but he was still far better than Janet Reno.[/quote]

How quickly the Bush Haters love to gloss over that fact.

As bad as Gonzales was - and his performance was dismal - what is worse is the awful precedent this creates.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Wait, I thought you wanted him fired for not being able to stand up to the democrats?[/quote]

His boss didn’t clearly state that he has the right to hire or fire these people at whim and left Gonzales hanging.

Did I say he should be fired? I think I said he should have told the Dems it was actually none of their fucking business and get lost. But Bush worries about public opinion too much to do that.

I want a blunt president, someone who says thing like: “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this Wall!”

Gonzales leaving will be a loss for the Democrats if Bush appoints someone respectable.

We deserve better but he was still far better than Janet Reno.[/quote]

I think this just about sums him up perfectly. And hell yes he was better than Janet Reno.

mike

[quote]rainjack wrote:
[/quote]

What’s funny is that whenever some crap is going on these days, it’s always “justified” with some crap from the past. Look, shit going on in the past doesn’t mean that shit should be going on now.

I have news for some of you, it has been quite a few years since a Democrat was fucking up the country. Lately, it’s been a Republican that has been fucking up the country. It’s okay to admit that.

[quote]vroom wrote:
rainjack wrote:

What’s funny is that whenever some crap is going on these days, it’s always “justified” with some crap from the past. Look, shit going on in the past doesn’t mean that shit should be going on now.

I have news for some of you, it has been quite a few years since a Democrat was fucking up the country. Lately, it’s been a Republican that has been fucking up the country. It’s okay to admit that.[/quote]

Yeah,and that Republican is fucking up more than any President has in a long time…lol…and they wanted to hang Bill Clinton for all that Lewinsky bullshit…and he wasn’t fucking up the country either.

[quote]vroom wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I have news for some of you, it has been quite a few years since a Democrat was fucking up the country. Lately, it’s been a Republican that has been fucking up the country. It’s okay to admit that.[/quote]

Who is justifying his poor performance? Merely pointing out that as bad as he may have been there have been far worse.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
But Bush worries about public opinion too much to do that.
[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! This is a joke, right? You weren’t really serious about this, were you?

vroom wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I have news for some of you, it has been quite a few years since a Democrat was fucking up the country. Lately, it’s been a Republican that has been fucking up the country. It’s okay to admit that.

Who is justifying his poor performance? Merely pointing out that as bad as he may have been there have been far worse.[/quote]

Really, in what ways was she worse than Gonzo? Please explain this position.