T Nation

Bye Bye Gitmo

WASHINGTON ? The Bush administration is nearing a decision to close the Guant?namo Bay detainee facility and move its terror suspects to military prisons elsewhere, The Associated Press has learned.

Can’t help but think this has something to do with Moore’s latest feat. Thoughts?

[quote]lixy wrote:

Can’t help but think this has something to do with Moore’s latest feat. Thoughts?[/quote]

You think Moore’s upcoming agitprop actually has anything to do with an executive decision to possibly shut down Gitmo?

And you claim to be 27 years old?

[quote]lixy wrote:
WASHINGTON ? The Bush administration is nearing a decision to close the Guant?namo Bay detainee facility and move its terror suspects to military prisons elsewhere, The Associated Press has learned.

Can’t help but think this has something to do with Moore’s latest feat. Thoughts?[/quote]

Lixy I’m ashamed that you’re living in America.

Rejoice as lixys’ fellow jihadists get released to prisons in other countries(i.e. back to the battlefield)…

[quote]ChuckyT wrote:
lixy wrote:

Can’t help but think this has something to do with Moore’s latest feat. Thoughts?

Lixy I’m ashamed that you’re living in America.[/quote]

I thought that cookie pusher lived in Sweden.

I think they should release them 20,000 feet over the ocean.

Uzbekistan, Yemen, Algeria and Syria are among the countries to which detainees do not want to return.

Inmates have told military tribunals that they or their families could be tortured or killed if they are sent back.

Let them all rot on someone else’s dime.

I say release them in Sweden. Above the arctic circle, butt-naked, in the winter, with nothing but a Koran. They’d make lovely ice sculptures.

Of course, it doesn’t say they’ll be release, just moved. Hopefully to a secret location nobody knows about.

[quote]Valentinius wrote:

Lixy I’m ashamed that you’re living in America.

I thought that cookie pusher lived in Sweden.
[/quote]

Like most of his posts, his place of residence is a bold-faced lie.

Cheney must’ve gotten tired of shooting lawyers on his canned hunts.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
You think Moore’s upcoming agitprop actually has anything to do with an executive decision to possibly shut down Gitmo? [/quote]

I have no idea and that’s why I asked the question. The decision could be in an anticipation of the public reaction to the movie.

If I was paying taxes to the US (God forbid), I’d be really pissed that so much money is poured into medical facilities in Gitmo while the regular American could never dream of getting the same treatment unless he/she coughs up green bills.

I mean, it’s not like they have been convicted or anything. They just sit there soaking up on the sun and bags of money.

Forget it. False alarm.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-06-22-voa67.cfm

[quote]lixy wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
You think Moore’s upcoming agitprop actually has anything to do with an executive decision to possibly shut down Gitmo?

I have no idea and that’s why I asked the question. The decision could be in an anticipation of the public reaction to the movie.

If I was paying taxes to the US (God forbid), I’d be really pissed that so much money is poured into medical facilities in Gitmo while the regular American could never dream of getting the same treatment unless he/she coughs up green bills.

I mean, it’s not like they have been convicted or anything. They just sit there soaking up on the sun and bags of money.[/quote]

Lixy, everyone here knows rather than paying taxes to anyone, you are a recipient of the swedish welfare state. If that’s where you really live.

Sorry to say it, but the muslims represent (from a statistical standpoint) an inordinate percentage of those “on the dole” in Sweden. Hey enjoy it.

Funny how all of the sudden, you are making it sound like your brothers in Gitmo were getting treated well… better than those in the US without insurance.

Now, they bitch about being returned to locations that will not care less about what Amnesty International writes about them… Perhaps they are worried about that pesky little Arab on Arab violence…in a jail in Egypt.

Again, let them rot somewhere else.