Buying Used Ipod on CL or Ebay?

Few months ago I made the mistake of leaving my gym bag unattended. Bastards took my 30gb ipog, custom mouth piece and inhaler. WTF??? But left the bottle of hydrocodone?

anyways… not having my music is killing me.

Does anyone here have experiance wih buying a used ipod? I’ve been searching craigslist and ebay. Can get some pretty good deals for under $70.

what do you guys think about this? What should I watch and look out for?
Do I need to get the apple CD that came with the ipod to load on my pc so i can delete the songs on there and add my own?

Thanks

Don’t do it man, don’t do it! That’s how they plant the fucking SEED man!

Might even be your IPOD!!!

[quote]MNguns wrote:
Few months ago I made the mistake of leaving my gym bag unattended. Bastards took my 30gb ipog, custom mouth piece and inhaler. WTF??? But left the bottle of hydrocodone?

Does anyone here have experiance wih buying a used ipod? I’ve been searching craigslist and ebay. Can get some pretty good deals for under $70.

Do I need to get the apple CD that came with the ipod to load on my pc so i can delete the songs on there and add my own?

Thanks[/quote]

I don’t particularly think there is anything wrong with this. Honestly i’d rather buy off of eBay rather than craigslist. with eBay at least you can see the persons past selling history and figure out whether or not they are scammers. Plus I don’t really trust craigslist in general, though I’ve heard of people who successfully buy off of it all the time.

Though if you buy it used the screen might be scratched to hell and back, and the battery is probably long gone.

So i’d recommend buying a new battery and crackin’ the thing open and replacing it if you do buy a used one. And if you don’t know how/want to do that, i think there are some shops that will do it for you.

[quote]jahall wrote:

[quote]MNguns wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

I don’t particularly think there is anything wrong with this. Honestly i’d rather buy off of eBay rather than craigslist. with eBay at least you can see the persons past selling history and figure out whether or not they are scammers. Plus I don’t really trust craigslist in general, though I’ve heard of people who successfully buy off of it all the time.

Though if you buy it used the screen might be scratched to hell and back, and the battery is probably long gone.

So i’d recommend buying a new battery and crackin’ the thing open and replacing it if you do buy a used one. And if you don’t know how/want to do that, i think there are some shops that will do it for you.[/quote]

well if you use CL then you can just meet the guy and check it then for stratches and to see if it works.

I’d just get a new one.

Dude, just pick up an mp3 player from kmart for like 15.00. I got a Coby that holds two cds worth of music two years ago and it works fine.

If you really are concerned about anything…

I’ve sold loads of stuff on eBay that I didn’t want. iPod, PSP, Electric Guitar etc etc. All in perfect working order.

It’s fine, if you want it, buy it.

LR

Go on craigslist. Its quicker with no shipping time, plus you can check and make sure it works before you pay the seller.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I got a Coby that holds two cds worth of music

[/quote]

It holds two whole cds???

That’s incredible, I’ll take 5!

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

I got a Coby that holds two cds worth of music

[/quote]

That’s incredible, I’ll take 5![/quote]

Why would anyone need more than 40 songs? Are you climbing Mt. Everest?

I got a Coby that holds two cds worth of music[/quote]

Why would anyone need more than 40 songs? Are you climbing Mt. Everest?[/quote]

You’re right, I can definitely see the benefit to only having 40 songs in my library. Like those times when my Alzheimer’s is really bad, and also when my Alzheimer’s is really bad!

I got a Coby that holds two cds worth of music[/quote]

Why would anyone need more than 40 songs? Are you climbing Mt. Everest?[/quote]

You’re right, I can definitely see the benefit to only having 40 songs in my library. Like those times when my Alzheimer’s is really bad, and also when my Alzheimer’s is really bad![/quote]

I cant see the point of having more than 40. Whats the point of having 500 songs?

Maaan, that’s like more F’s in an MFF. You can NEVER have too many.

Maaan, that’s like more M’s in an MMM. You can NEVER have too many.[/quote]

there, saved you all the trouble of fixing it.

To address your questions about needing the CD and such to remove their songs:

You can download iTunes on Apple’s website. You’re iPod has to be synched to whatever machine you are using anyway (unless you are just charging it) so it will remove all their songs and upload yours.

I would be more hesitant to buy off eBay than CL. eBay always finds a way to screw me but I have bought a shit ton of stuff off craigslist with no problem. I’m actually living in a room I rented off craigslist right now. No issues. Last one I was at was very interesting tho… Just a side note.

If you craigslist, you’ll be able to actually play around with the device before you buy it, so there is that. Otherwise, buying from an eBay store is a pretty damn safe bet, since most have tens or hundreds of thousands of feedback, which are usually 99% positive.

[quote]London Runner wrote:
I’ve sold loads of stuff on eBay that I didn’t want. iPod, PSP, Electric Guitar etc etc. All in perfect working order.

It’s fine, if you want it, buy it.

LR[/quote]

I bought my first mistress on eBay and I can tell you that it was an investment worth every goddamned red cent. You can’t go wrong with eBay and I’ll stand by that.

Well, if you’re in the San Diego area and just bought a Garmin GPS and an iPod touch for cheap it’s probably mine. Theives are the lowest, man.