Buying Online

I’m trying to buy a pair of skis form a guy that I met on a forum and I was just wondering if there was any way I could send a money order/cheque and somehow make it safe( so he doesn’t just receive the money and not send the skis).

I’m in the process of setting up a paypal account but it going to take 2-3 days to link it to my bank and then another 5-6 days to transfer the money so i’m looking for something a little faster. Any ideas? sorry for my non-existent knowledge on this subject…

Thanks.

You need something like this:

They will hold the money until you receive the goods and then release it to the seller.

There are a few escrow services out there, I believe.

You should have already had a Paypal account. Welcome to 1998.

I’ll tell you what. You send me the money and I’ll hold it until I get confirmation from you that you received the skis, then I’ll send the other dude the money. Trust me, he’ll agree to the escrow thing, I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse. PM me and we’ll get all the details straightened out.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
You should have already had a Paypal account. Welcome to 1998.[/quote]

x2 Either you should already have this by now or you can always ask the seller to post it on Ebay since that will secure the skis as well. If you send him money over paypal he may still accept it and never send you them.

Escrow services would be the safest of options but most likely the most costly due to charges as well.