Buying in Bulk

I’d much rather buy a giant bag of protein instead of tub after tub. I’m trying to find a 20lb bag of whey isolate. Don’t care about brand just as long as it’s good protein. Anyone know where I could find some good ones? Preferably under 100 bucks

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
I’d much rather buy a giant bag of protein instead of tub after tub. I’m trying to find a 20lb bag of whey isolate. Don’t care about brand just as long as it’s good protein. Anyone know where I could find some good ones? Preferably under 100 bucks[/quote]

Because i’m sure he loves dropping in on your posts(sarcasm here) i’ll save Mr Chris Colucci a little bit of time and give you a quote he gave in one of your many posts that i think applies well here…

“I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here”

Not trying to come off dickish to you or anything but what he said is true but that doesn’t mean people aren’t willing to help you out, as they’ve done in a lot of your other posts.

Most, not all but most of the people on this board choose to support Biotest and the products they sell because well, they are high quality and they work and they provide a lot to the members. I’d say do a google search to find what you’re looking for and that’s the best anyone else could probably do.

I understand the money thing but you get what you pay for in life, as others have stated in some of your other posts, simply buy more lean meats. This would be money better served than trying to find some cheap whey that will end up giving you the death blow farts. Not to mention that isolate is much more expensive than concentrate, so you’ve added another degree of difficulty to things.

I do wish you luck though in figuring things out, you’ve been given pretty good advice previously i just hope you’ve been putting it to good use.

I love T-Nation and the great advice and articles on here just as much as the next guy, and I will be sure to buy Biotest products when I get into the real world with a real job, but speaking for college/hs kids who get 0 financial aid and your responsible for buying your own food and supps, I’d rather pay my school bill,rent, and book fees than pay $75 for 14 workouts worth of MAG-10. Yes you get what you pay for and the products are made of incredible ingredients and have great reviews/success stories and I’m sure they’re worth it, but they’re on the pricey side. Bottom line: give us a break

yeah i know, i’m trying to get a large amount of whey now so it will last me a long time so I don’t have to worry about running out so quick. Also I’ll be able to buy more food instead of buying tub after tub of protein

[quote]chobbs wrote:
I love T-Nation and the great advice and articles on here just as much as the next guy, and I will be sure to buy Biotest products when I get into the real world with a real job, but speaking for college/hs kids who get 0 financial aid and your responsible for buying your own food and supps, I’d rather pay my school bill,rent, and book fees than pay $75 for 14 workouts worth of MAG-10. Yes you get what you pay for and the products are made of incredible ingredients and have great reviews/success stories and I’m sure they’re worth it, but they’re on the pricey side. Bottom line: give us a break[/quote]

As i said, i understand the money thing, been there done that with all that you’ve mentioned. However, the OP has been given the same advice in his countless other threads by heavy contributors like Colucci and others to instead of buying some cheap whey, spend that extra money on more food. A $100 can go along way to buying some additional whole food sources. I suggest looking into some of John Meadows articles on pre-training nutrition as he’s laid out good whole food pre-training meals before in them.

Personally when i was in those situations and whey protein was about the only thing i could afford, i simply just bought more chicken breast, more tuna, etc and i upped the portions of those foods from what i previously was eating. That was kind of the point i was trying to make, instead of buying some whey protein where you really don’t know the quality, stock up on good food sources.

Basically what i’m saying is if you only have $100 extra to spend each month, supplements should be the last thing on your mind.

Again, i’m not trying to be condesending to those who can’t afford to buy the products and it wasn’t my goal to come off that way. It was simply my 2cents which seems to be the same advice he’s getting from others.

I’d much rather buy a giant bag of protein instead of tub after tub. I’m trying to find a 20lb bag of whey isolate. Don’t care about brand just as long as it’s good protein. Anyone know where I could find some good ones? Preferably under 100 bucks[/quote]
Actual whey protein, let alone anything good, doesn’t even sell wholesale, 10 thousand pound quantity, that cheap.

You keep asking for what does not and cannot exist. The saying “you get what you pay for” isn’t always true, as sometimes people will short you, but the saying “you don’t get more than you pay for” is almost always true, except for rare situations such as close-outs, etc.

You are not going to get good protein powder for the price you are looking for. You’ve been advised repeatedly to look to food for a more economical source of good protein.

As to why foods such as chicken breasts and eggs can be more economical than whey while being good protein: one reason is that the purification process for whey protein costs money. That step is not needed for chicken breasts or eggs.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
I love T-Nation and the great advice and articles on here just as much as the next guy, and I will be sure to buy Biotest products when I get into the real world with a real job, but speaking for college/hs kids who get 0 financial aid and your responsible for buying your own food and supps, I’d rather pay my school bill,rent, and book fees than pay $75 for 14 workouts worth of MAG-10. Yes you get what you pay for and the products are made of incredible ingredients and have great reviews/success stories and I’m sure they’re worth it, but they’re on the pricey side. Bottom line: give us a break[/quote]

As i said, i understand the money thing, been there done that with all that you’ve mentioned. However, the OP has been given the same advice in his countless other threads by heavy contributors like Colucci and others to instead of buying some cheap whey, spend that extra money on more food. A $100 can go along way to buying some additional whole food sources. I suggest looking into some of John Meadows articles on pre-training nutrition as he’s laid out good whole food pre-training meals before in them.

Personally when i was in those situations and whey protein was about the only thing i could afford, i simply just bought more chicken breast, more tuna, etc and i upped the portions of those foods from what i previously was eating. That was kind of the point i was trying to make, instead of buying some whey protein where you really don’t know the quality, stock up on good food sources.

Basically what i’m saying is if you only have $100 extra to spend each month, supplements should be the last thing on your mind.

Again, i’m not trying to be condesending to those who can’t afford to buy the products and it wasn’t my goal to come off that way. It was simply my 2cents which seems to be the same advice he’s getting from others.
[/quote]

Please can you let me know Meadows advice on whole food pre-workout as I cannot find it anywhere.

thanks

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Actual whey protein, let alone anything good, doesn’t even sell wholesale, 10 thousand pound quantity, that cheap.

You keep asking for what does not and cannot exist. The saying “you get what you pay for” isn’t always true, as sometimes people will short you, but the saying “you don’t get more than you pay for” is almost always true, except for rare situations such as close-outs, etc.

You are not going to get good protein powder for the price you are looking for. You’ve been advised repeatedly to look to food for a more economical source of good protein.

As to why foods such as chicken breasts and eggs can be more economical than whey while being good protein: one reason is that the purification process for whey protein costs money. That step is not needed for chicken breasts or eggs.[/quote]
Elite whey isolate is 10lbs for 80 bucks that’s not too bad. I just want a large amount of protein now while I have a lot of money on me so I don’t have to worry about. Food situation is good, 20 chicken breasts,3 doz. eggs, and about 250+ oz of steaks

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[/quote]
Absolutely zero offense taken man

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[/quote]

Please can you let me know Meadows advice on whole food pre-workout as I cannot find it anywhere.

thanks
[/quote]

He and Bill Willis outline some stuff on page 2 of this article… Maximize Protein Synthesis

I believe there is some stuff in this article as well… Harness the Power of Insulin

Be sure to read the spill comments on both articles as well, there are good bits of information in there as well. I thought that there were a few more but i can’t seem to find the ones i’m looking for, hopefully you take something from the above two though.