Buying Equipment in MA?

I am located in MA and looking to find a wholesale place or person that sells used or new plates that I can drive to and pick up to save money on. Im also looking for barbell and a adjustable bench. The plates to me is the most important

I planning to buy a rack from elite fts. I like the pins that are inch away for benching and have holes all way down so you can pull off the pins. I dont care for the other accesories it can come with. Any other suggestions would be nice.

I am also planning to buy dumbell handells that you can add 10’s or 5s and make them weight 10-200 pound depending on handles used.

Thanks

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/spo/1449517203.html

Olympic plates for .49 a lb. That’s dirt cheap around here, and he’s got 2000lbs worth.

There used to be a guy up on the North Shore that liquidated gyms that I found on Craigslist. I think he was in Salem, but can’t remember the name of his business. But he was hit or miss.

Just keep an eye on craiglist, and do a search for ‘olympic plates’, and you should be able to find some good deals. You should also be able to pick up a bench and bars as well.

x2 for craigslist

i found lots of fun stuff on there.

good place on route 9 in shrewsbury called fitness equipment, on same side as home depot if you want new plates they are 1$ a pound, not bad in my opinion

[quote]Modi wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/spo/1449517203.html

Olympic plates for .49 a lb. That’s dirt cheap around here, and he’s got 2000lbs worth.

There used to be a guy up on the North Shore that liquidated gyms that I found on Craigslist. I think he was in Salem, but can’t remember the name of his business. But he was hit or miss.

Just keep an eye on craiglist, and do a search for ‘olympic plates’, and you should be able to find some good deals. You should also be able to pick up a bench and bars as well. [/quote]

I think I found that guy. He is located in Peabody MA. I believe his name is Scott. Thanks for the info.

Do you think this rack for elite fts is worth it. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=9

[quote]bleed12 wrote:
I think I found that guy. He is located in Peabody MA. I believe his name is Scott. Thanks for the info.

Do you think this rack for elite fts is worth it. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=9 [/quote]

If you can afford it, you can’t go wrong with the 2x2 rack from Elitefts. Although I would probably opt for the one you can customize and add on the Pullup bar for the extra $59, unless you don’t do pullups or already have a pullup bar somewhere else.

Peabody sounds right. I don’t know if it’s the same guy but I spoke to the owner and arranged to pick up 8 or 10 45lb plates. When I got there 45 minutes later, he informed me that his brother had sold them the day before (without telling him). It would have been a wasted trip, but the guy ended up feeling bad about the situation and gave me a commercial Cybex weight tree for free. Seemed like an honest mistake, and he made up for it.

Yea If I am getting that rack I was planning to get the pullup bar option added. I talk to the guy over the phone and seem like a nice guy i plan to drive up their tommorow to pick up a few things. He sold equipment to a local gym near by that closed down recently it was old style type gym that barely had 2 treadmills. That was my first gym i have ever gone to 7 years ago.

[quote]bleed12 wrote:
Yea If I am getting that rack I was planning to get the pullup bar option added. I talk to the guy over the phone and seem like a nice guy i plan to drive up their tommorow to pick up a few things. He sold equipment to a local gym near by that closed down recently it was old style type gym that barely had 2 treadmills. That was my first gym i have ever gone to 7 years ago.

[/quote]

Yes, he was a decent guy, and they had a ton of equipment. The only thing they didn’t have was any plates at the time. Which was the only thing I wanted…