T Nation

Buying a Diet from a Nutritionist?

What does everyone think of buying a diet plan from a nutritionist for bodybuilding? I know that building muscle is largely dependant on eating (or androgens) so I figure it would be smarter to have someone count out your calories for you than just bulk up on pop tarts.

I found a great site that does it for cheap.

www.lifestylechangeonline.com

I checked theh site and while at first it seems like a good idea, the problem is that you still have to do the weighing, separating and adding of the macros. And you don't really learn now to tailor the diet suit you.

So if you are doing all the work, and they are just telling you what to do why don't you just read some more here and make the suggestions of...say Berardi or Lowery and save that money to buy more meat, fish or fowl?

Or better yet, tell me your schedule, goals, food allergies and give that money to me...

Why in the world would you want to buy a diet plan with all the wonderful plans available here on this site? In my eyes you have to work for the weight gain or loss that you want to achieve. You've already said, in as much, that you don't want to work at. I see failure. This is a great site for programs of all kinds. Find one that will work for you and go for it. This site and also MWA has the BEST support system available for free!!!!

fitnesslady

Really?

I prefer to count my own calories, thanks. If you have a basic understanding of what to eat, when to eat it, etc. then there should be no reason why you couldn't make yourself a decent diet, even by trial and error. Everyone is different, it would help you find what works for you and what doesn't.

My body isn't a temple, it's a research facility. :wink:

All it really comes to IMO is discipline. You already have all the knowledge laid out and available before you...now it's all about discipline and applying that knowledge to yourself.

People need to read this, and read it over and over and over and over and over and over again.