Butterbean vs. Sean O'Haire

I know a lot of guys dont take ButterBean seriously because he was a “Toughman” competitor and got beaten fairly easily in MMA by a 150lbs Genki Sudo, but he KOED Sean O’Haire (a former roided out looking prowreslter) in a matter of seconds!

I know Goldberg had considered MMA when he was younger and there is another famous prowrestler (I forget his name because I’m not into prowrestling) who recently has taken interest in MMA, but so far this doesnt look well for them.

Thoughts?

I remember sean o’haire and remember hearing he was persuing MMA when he was released from the WWE. I think he has a martial arts background, but I think while wrestling, he built too much mass to be extremely powerful for his bodyweight with.

The other wrestler is Brock Lesnar. He was an NCAA heavyweight champion, and he almost made the Vikings practice squad. Word is he had an ametuer wrestling match when he first arrived at the WWE, and got dismantled by Kurt Angle (off camera), who apparently hasn’t really wrestled for years.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
I remember sean o’haire and remember hearing he was persuing MMA when he was released from the WWE. I think he has a martial arts background, but I think while wrestling, he built too much mass to be extremely powerful for his bodyweight with.

The other wrestler is Brock Lesnar. He was an NCAA heavyweight champion, and he almost made the Vikings practice squad. Word is he had an ametuer wrestling match when he first arrived at the WWE, and got dismantled by Kurt Angle (off camera), who apparently hasn’t really wrestled for years.[/quote]

Thats his name! Brock Lesnar.

Either he’s training with Royce or with Pat Miletich. Either way, it looks like he’s taking it seriously.

[quote]Burger King wrote:
I know a lot of guys dont take ButterBean seriously because he was a “Toughman” competitor and got beaten fairly easily in MMA by a 150lbs Genki Sudo, but he KOED Sean O’Haire (a former roided out looking prowreslter) in a matter of seconds!

[/quote]

I don’t see how KOing a guy who’s never had to take a real punch in his “fake sports” career is impressive. What was impressive was watching a 53 year old untrained Larry Holmes tool Butterbean.

While Butterbean isn’t, and won’t be, world class in either in boxing or MMA people who dimiss because he’s very, very fat then to forget one thing. Butterbean can hit very, very hard.

O’Haire looked like he had just woken up from a drug induced coma.

The knockout could not have happened to a better person- O’Haire should go back to pretending.

And Butterbean is a fat disgusting pig of a man. Yes he hits hard, but he also has to look in a mirror each day and that can’t be a good feeling.

I thought it was the height of idiocy when it appeared that O’Haire attempted a double leg on a 380 lbs man.

You’re welcome…

You are ignorant.

[quote]prowrestling) who recently has taken interest in MMA, but so far this doesnt look well for them.

Thoughts?[/quote]

that was a cheap KO.

im not a fan of either of them. one’s an ex-roided out fake wrestler and the other is a big fat guy.

sure they both have good qualities as a fighter. but in MMA matches for PRIDE or UFC you need to be more well rounded. especially this far into the game. its not UFC 1, when each guy had a blackbelt in one MA. That fight should have been on “celebrity boxing” on fox after Family Guy.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

The other wrestler is Brock Lesnar. He was an NCAA heavyweight champion, and he almost made the Vikings practice squad. Word is he had an ametuer wrestling match when he first arrived at the WWE, and got dismantled by Kurt Angle (off camera), who apparently hasn’t really wrestled for years.[/quote]

Lesnar also lost to Steve Mocco in a Real Pro Wrestling (RPW) match. It is a federation where pretty much all wrestling styles are allowed. Mocco was a national champion heavyweight at Oklahoma State, and once at Iowa before he transferred. He is also a two-time national judo champion.

[quote]PGreen711 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:

The other wrestler is Brock Lesnar. He was an NCAA heavyweight champion, and he almost made the Vikings practice squad. Word is he had an ametuer wrestling match when he first arrived at the WWE, and got dismantled by Kurt Angle (off camera), who apparently hasn’t really wrestled for years.

Lesnar also lost to Steve Mocco in a Real Pro Wrestling (RPW) match. It is a federation where pretty much all wrestling styles are allowed. Mocco was a national champion heavyweight at Oklahoma State, and once at Iowa before he transferred. He is also a two-time national judo champion.
[/quote]

scratch that the post I read on a seperate forum was false, it was some kid picking winners in fictional matches. However, Mocco would dismantle Lesnar same as Angle.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
You are ignorant.

prowrestling) who recently has taken interest in MMA, but so far this doesnt look well for them.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

Enlighten me

brock lesnar has been and i expect still is training with the militech camp. it will be interesting to see what he does. as far as losing to angle that should have been expected. while being a ncaa wrestling champion is something tremendous, it is not near the same as being an olynpic gold medalist. while they both took part in pro wrestling to secure their futures ( i hope), and that of their families let’s not forget what both of these men have accomplished. while i am new to mma i am and have been a fan and coach of “real” wrestling, and these men are higly respected and continue to give back to the wrestling community. would be real interesting to see what cael could do in mma, if anything.

Google Sakuraba and Shamrock for starters, on guys who were pro wrestlers before becoming shooters

[quote]Burger King wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
You are ignorant.

prowrestling) who recently has taken interest in MMA, but so far this doesnt look well for them.

Thoughts?

Enlighten me [/quote]

Shamrock was in mma first.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Google Sakuraba and Shamrock for starters, on guys who were pro wrestlers before becoming shooters

Burger King wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
You are ignorant.

Thoughts?

Enlighten me

[/quote]

Uh, I agree that Sakuraba was a pro-wreslter before entering mma (although he was a wreslter before a pro-wreslter), but shamrock was a mmaer (the term didnt exist when he started) before a prowrestler.

If you’re refering Ken/Frank’s involement in pancrase, I’d disagree with the notion that all those matches were fixed.

[quote]CarvedInsane wrote:

Shamrock

Shamrock was in mma first.[/quote]

Check yo stats, Shamrock was in a few minor league pro-wrestling circuits before competing in Pancrase

Don’t paint everyone with the same brush. Sean O’Haire was a pro wrestler and so was Lesnar. The similarities end there. Lesnar is tougher, stronger, much more athletic, has an insane work ethic and trains with the best team in the country. What remains to be seen is how he can handle getting punched in the face. If he can (and I believe he can), I think he’ll do just fine in MMA.

I’ve heard the Angle smoking Lesnar backstage in amateur wrestling story too. I also heard from others that it was extremely close. I don’t think Lesnar is quite an olympic caliber wrestler, and he would probably lose to Mocco 3-1 or 2-0 if they wrestled. The fact is, it doesn’t really matter.