Butt Lump!

Good post. This is exactly what happed to me with the delt shot I mention above, but a much better explanation.

[quote]bob1365 wrote:
Ok, here’s the explanation.

You injected properly. You aspirated. No blood so you’re not in a vein. You don’t have an infection.

BUT…you broke a capillary going in. So, when you removed the pin, some blood probably seeped through the hole to the surface of your skin. The point of the needle was resting in safe IM tissue. But a blood vessel was punctured on the way in, nevertheless.

So now you tissues are filling up with blood from the punctured capillary. It will get red, warm and sensitive. If it’s anywhere near your sacral nerve, and if a capillary or small vein was punctured, you’re going to feel like you’re dying. Very hard to sleep at night or walk during the day.

Anyway, the blood will clot up and your body will naturally dispose of it. These are not the kind of clots that can give you a heart attack or stroke, so don’t worry about that.

The difference between a hematoma and an infection is that with an infection, you will start running a full body fever. That’s when you want to head to the doctor immediately for antibiotics. You tell him that you self-administered a B-12 injection. They really don’t want to ask any further, if you get my drift.

BTW, I don’t know of any way to avoid this. It just happens now and then.

[/quote]

[quote]bob1365 wrote:
Ok, here’s the explanation.

You injected properly. You aspirated. No blood so you’re not in a vein. You don’t have an infection.

BUT…you broke a capillary going in. So, when you removed the pin, some blood probably seeped through the hole to the surface of your skin. The point of the needle was resting in safe IM tissue. But a blood vessel was punctured on the way in, nevertheless.

So now you tissues are filling up with blood from the punctured capillary. It will get red, warm and sensitive. If it’s anywhere near your sacral nerve, and if a capillary or small vein was punctured, you’re going to feel like you’re dying. Very hard to sleep at night or walk during the day.

Anyway, the blood will clot up and your body will naturally dispose of it. These are not the kind of clots that can give you a heart attack or stroke, so don’t worry about that.

The difference between a hematoma and an infection is that with an infection, you will start running a full body fever. That’s when you want to head to the doctor immediately for antibiotics. You tell him that you self-administered a B-12 injection. They really don’t want to ask any further, if you get my drift.

BTW, I don’t know of any way to avoid this. It just happens now and then.

[/quote]

I fucking did this today. I shit you not. As it went in it hurt like hell and then it kept bleeding when I pulled it out. Now there is a purple dot where I injected. Not too painful now, just purple.

[quote]MasterfulStroke wrote:

I fucking did this today. I shit you not. As it went in it hurt like hell and then it kept bleeding when I pulled it out. Now there is a purple dot where I injected. Not too painful now, just purple.[/quote]

It’ll be there for more than a week now, watch.

[quote]MasterfulStroke wrote:
I fucking did this today. I shit you not. As it went in it hurt like hell and then it kept bleeding when I pulled it out. Now there is a purple dot where I injected. Not too painful now, just purple.[/quote]

Dude - sorry I jinxed you. LOL

Cortes and all you other guys - thank you very much for the info.

BTW, my ass is a little better yet today.

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:
ramosaskylynn wrote:
Just a quick question…Are you using glass viles?If so you may have sucked up a tiny shard of glass.If that is the case.It’s gonna hurt like hell but one of the two will happen.Your body will push it out or somebodys gonna have to go in and get it.

Nope - no glass viles.

I’m gonna give it a day or two and see what happens. It really doesn’t hurt at all, so we’ll see if my butt cheek explodes in my sleep or something.[/quote]

Well then its probally just cause of the thickness of the liquid.Try and warm it a little in your hands next time before you inject next.Hope this helps…

You didn’t inject deeply enough so now you’ve got a lump of the oil depot sitting outside the fascia of the target muscle.

Monitor it closely, as others have mentioned, and make sure you get deeper in there next time.