T Nation

Butt Lump!

I’m in the middle of a dece/cyp cycle. This is probably the 10th cycle I’ve done, so I’m not really a “newb”.

I did an injection yesterday in my right ass cheek. Immediately after I pulled out the needle, my injection spot hurt. It wasn’t bad pain at all, it just hurt. By the end of the day, I had a lump where I injected. Today, the lump is red and is slightly warm to the touch. WTF! The lump hardly hurts today. I can punch it, pinch it, spit on it, etc w/ hardly ANY pain.

I practice (or so I thought) very clean injection techniques. I only use a needle once, use separate needles for draw / inject, wash hands, etc.

I guess my question centers around if this sounds like an abscess or some other infection. This sounds like way too quick of a flare up for an abscess, doesn’t it?

I’m half tempted to ram a needle in there to see what I draw out.

It sounds to me like something I had on my quads once… Slightly warm bump w/no pain or redness. It just went away. I have a feeling that it might be some seepage from the muscle into the sub-q area.

If it gets worse go to a doctor though.

Oh, and don’t ram any needles anywhere, and avoid injecting that spot until it’s better. Just let it be. Some anti-inflammatory meds maybe…

Thanks for the replies.

So, just pop some advil’s and wait a day or two?

I used to get this a lot with glute shots, that why I don’t use the glutes anymore.

I was having a massage from a chiropractor once and she was alarmed at the ‘knots’ in my glutes, I didn’t have the balls to adnit that it was just lumps from injections.

How much are you injecting, I was jabbing 2ml of sus each time and this is possibly quite a lot of thick oil to disperse through the muscle and hence my problem.

I complained to my nurse wife that I thought I had an abcess when I had something similar to what you describe, she told me to quit being a pussy if it was an abcess I would really fucking know about it!

LOL…my wife is a nurse too, which is why I’m afraid to say anything. I’m going with “SPIDER BITE!” if she spots this thing when I’m getting out of the shower.

I’m doing 2ml also. Where did you switch up your injection spot to? How long did it take for the knots to go away?

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

So, just pop some advil’s and wait a day or two?[/quote]

Actually, if memory serves it took more than a day or two, the only good sign to look for is that it doesn’t get worse. If it doesn’t, you’ll be fine. And yea, aspirin is what I use.

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:
LOL…my wife is a nurse too, which is why I’m afraid to say anything. I’m going with “SPIDER BITE!” if she spots this thing when I’m getting out of the shower.

I’m doing 2ml also. Where did you switch up your injection spot to? How long did it take for the knots to go away?[/quote]

I had ‘knots’ in my ass for a little while maybe a week or two.

I now use delts, have had around 50 delt shots without any pain or lumps or stiffness nothing, I tried quads last week and had dead legs that prevented me from squating, so I’ll stick to delts, I am going to try biceps and the ventro soon though as I do worry about over using my delts, I am only using 1ml at a time now though so thats bettr.

It’s a shame your wife isn’t into your AAS use, mine has been very helpful, she secretly loves it that I am getting bigger :slight_smile:

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:
I’m in the middle of a dece/cyp cycle. This is probably the 10th cycle I’ve done, so I’m not really a “newb”.

I did an injection yesterday in my right ass cheek. Immediately after I pulled out the needle, my injection spot hurt. It wasn’t bad pain at all, it just hurt. By the end of the day, I had a lump where I injected. Today, the lump is red and is slightly warm to the touch. WTF! The lump hardly hurts today. I can punch it, pinch it, spit on it, etc w/ hardly ANY pain.

I practice (or so I thought) very clean injection techniques. I only use a needle once, use separate needles for draw / inject, wash hands, etc.

I guess my question centers around if this sounds like an abscess or some other infection. This sounds like way too quick of a flare up for an abscess, doesn’t it?

I’m half tempted to ram a needle in there to see what I draw out.
[/quote]Just a quick question…Are you using glass viles?If so you may have sucked up a tiny shard of glass.If that is the case.It’s gonna hurt like hell but one of the two will happen.Your body will push it out or somebodys gonna have to go in and get it.

[quote]ramosaskylynn wrote:
Just a quick question…Are you using glass viles?If so you may have sucked up a tiny shard of glass.If that is the case.It’s gonna hurt like hell but one of the two will happen.Your body will push it out or somebodys gonna have to go in and get it.

[/quote]

Nope - no glass viles.

I’m gonna give it a day or two and see what happens. It really doesn’t hurt at all, so we’ll see if my butt cheek explodes in my sleep or something.

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
I complained to my nurse wife that I thought I had an abcess when I had something similar to what you describe, she told me to quit being a pussy if it was an abcess I would really fucking know about it![/quote]

Your wife sounds like someone to avoid pissing off.

[quote]ramosaskylynn wrote:

Just a quick question…Are you using glass viles?If so you may have sucked up a tiny shard of glass.If that is the case.It’s gonna hurt like hell but one of the two will happen.Your body will push it out or somebodys gonna have to go in and get it.

[/quote]

Pretty sure you mean ampules, not vials. If you’re getting shards of glass from your vials you’ve got big problems.

OP, I’m a bit late to this party, but the same thing happened to me on one of my recent delt shots. Did your site bruise up? I felt like I went through a vein on the way in and it filled up the area with blood, causing pressure and slight pain. The other symptoms I experienced were pretty much identical to what you are feeling.

You’re probably fine.If it were an abcess, it wouldn’t happen immediately. Anyway let’s stop talking about abcesses now before lillguy shows up with his photograph. I want to finish my breakfast this morning :wink:

Same thiing happened to me but hurt like a mofo, Was keeping me up at night(for a few days), It then started to travel twards the side/front of my waist/upper leg area, A nurse friend gave me some antibiotics and it cleared up in about 3 days or so.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
I complained to my nurse wife that I thought I had an abcess when I had something similar to what you describe, she told me to quit being a pussy if it was an abcess I would really fucking know about it!

Your wife sounds like someone to avoid pissing off.[/quote]

Contrl, I thought I was on to a winner marrying a nurse, as it happens all there sympathy seems to be taken up at work, and as they deal with real sick people all day I have to be fucking dying before I get any sympathy, also I now realise nurse’s can have penis issues if they are washing a load of cock at work all day, they really don’t want to come home and play with yours!

So what’s the deal waffles is it getting worse or not!? Inquiring minds want to know!

[quote]MasterfulStroke wrote:
So what’s the deal waffles is it getting worse or not!? Inquiring minds want to know![/quote]

It seems to be a little better today. A lot of the redness is gone and the lump feels smaller. Pretty weird.

whats weird about that? Its going just like you was told it would

Dude in fairness if you had really done ten cycles then you would have encountered lumps and swelling before.

[quote]crashball wrote:
Dude in fairness if you had really done ten cycles then you would have encountered lumps and swelling before. [/quote]

OK, sir. I haven’t - don’t know what to tell you.

Ok, here’s the explanation.

You injected properly. You aspirated. No blood so you’re not in a vein. You don’t have an infection.

BUT…you broke a capillary going in. So, when you removed the pin, some blood probably seeped through the hole to the surface of your skin. The point of the needle was resting in safe IM tissue. But a blood vessel was punctured on the way in, nevertheless.

So now you tissues are filling up with blood from the punctured capillary. It will get red, warm and sensitive. If it’s anywhere near your sacral nerve, and if a capillary or small vein was punctured, you’re going to feel like you’re dying. Very hard to sleep at night or walk during the day.

Anyway, the blood will clot up and your body will naturally dispose of it. These are not the kind of clots that can give you a heart attack or stroke, so don’t worry about that.

The difference between a hematoma and an infection is that with an infection, you will start running a full body fever. That’s when you want to head to the doctor immediately for antibiotics. You tell him that you self-administered a B-12 injection. They really don’t want to ask any further, if you get my drift.

BTW, I don’t know of any way to avoid this. It just happens now and then.