Butcher Shops in DC/Metro Area?

Anybody know of some quality butcher shops in NoVA or DC where I could buy racks of steak?

Man not really sure except that one I sent that has the organic beef and such but man that is expensive.

I’ll look around. Also once it cools down I will most likely be shipping some more form Kansas, I’ll let you know.

If anyone knows of any Pipe up.

“Where’s The BEEF”

[quote]Phill wrote:
Man not really sure except that one I sent that has the organic beef and such but man that is expensive.

I’ll look around. Also once it cools down I will most likely be shipping some more form Kansas, I’ll let you know.

If anyone knows of any Pipe up.

“Where’s The BEEF”[/quote]

I saw a rack of ribeye at Costco a couple weeks back that went for about $85. But if you break it down into $/lb, I was actually saving almost 60%/lb. I could’ve cut up the rack into about 10-12 gargantuan steaks, vaccum seal them in a food saver and freeze them for whenever I’m in the mood for steak. Of course, I didn’t get it because we’re talking about Costco and I’m betting I could do better in both quality and price at a butcher shop.

http://www.localharvest.org/

use that to find local farms/farmers markets and such…you may find good deal there…couple weeks ago i found a local guy selling grass-fed beef for 3.40/lb for ground(usually 5.80 at the store) and about 6/lb for sirloin (usually 10+)

Damn!!! Hell yes Ribeye IMO is the top notch cut with all that marbleing. But I rarely eat it I stick to the leaner cuts except on occasion. So buying them in bulk to me would just last for EVER. LOL

I seem to stick to eye of round and sirloins for the most part, and LEAN ground beef.

Here are a couple sites I am SURE will turn results

Either should be more than happy to give a hell of a list of butchers in the area.

Sorry didnt have time to check it out.

Oh I would also mention it is Much cheaper to get people together and just buy a whole damn cow. Spilt it in halves, quarters what not.

Hope that help,
Phill