Busted Wrist, Need Help Adjusting Plan

again… jim… thank you for taking time out of your day to help.

Threads weren’t closed. I merged them into one. There’s no reason to have three threads in two different forums discussing the same issue.

FWIW, the info you’ve gotten so far is solid. You’re only going to be able to get so much injury advice over the Internet. Sucks that your medical care situation is sub-par, but I’m not sure what else you need to hear.

Check Wendler’s shoulder rehab article for some ideas that may translate to your wrist issue.

1 Like

thanks… i wasnt so much after injury advice as apposed to advice off jim in how i can appropriately workout around the issue… using squats etc.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Warm-up/Mobility
Jumps x 10-20 (based on what you are doing for squatting)
Squat - choose any of the dozens of set-up for 5/3/1 Full Body

After this, you have to find a way to train your upper body. Use one of those ankle cuffs that looks like BDSM apparel and find a way to do side/front/lateral raises with a cable machine. You can also get one of those odd looking straps to do pulling (for rows/pulldowns) - they have a metal “hook” you can attach to a bar/machine. Just blast this. I have no idea your pain tolerance or what you can do. But I’d simply find a way to get it done.

After this: single/leg or core movement for 50-100 reps

T/R/S

Warm-up/mobility
Run/sled, etc. done with programming for a performance goal. So choose a goal, then make a plan to accomplish goal.

People deal with injuries all the time and do a very good job of working around them and finding a way. Most of us who have been doing this for a long time have had to deal with this a dozen or more times. Just find a way.

2 Likes

thanks jim… awesome fucking advice and inspiration once again.