Busted Knuckle Garage Workouts

nlmain- Dont train that way all the time, just a couple weeks out of the year, but yea its for realz…that is life on the ranch I guess.

[quote]Bobbi Miller wrote:
Dang, 155 bench at 138 is pretty good ;)[/quote]

Thanks, I am pretty happy with it :slight_smile:

Sweet numbers! I’m really looking forward to following along.

[quote]n8tive wrote:
Okay so I have been lurking a bit and decided it must be time to actually participate in the forum.
Here we go—
stats:
5’3
138lbs
29yrs old
Married mother of 2 boys
Rancher owner/operator of a 2000 acre cattle ranch (roughly 150-170 hd of cattle)

Training Maxes
deads - 235lbs
Bench - 155lbs
Military Press - 125lbs
Squat - 205lbs

Goals
280lb on deadlift
20 pullups (currently at 14)
Dips +75lbs
5 one arm pushup (currently doing questionable form)

Okay so that is the long & short of what is going on with me. Oh yea I am using 5/3/1 program, have been since april. I love it and have made awesome progress on it. Been training for 3 years… I currently train down in my car garage, usually in the morning (about 5 a.m). Only way to get my workouts done with proper focus and concentration without kids, cows, hubby or other things interferring with me. I usually dont have a day off, I am always doing something. But I lift heavy on Sun, MOn, Wed & Fri.

Workout #1
5/3/1 Press
Dips
USA Shoulder Circuit (USA = TRX)
seated shoulder press

Workout #2
5/3/1 Deadlift
HLR
Bridging
Plank
Rows of some kind

Workout #3
5/3/1 Bench
One arm pushup
lever pushup
tricep press
USA chest fly

Workout #4
5/3/1 squat
pistols
zercher squats
lunges or step ups

Tuesday, Thursday & Saturdays(I try to focus on these random things on these days)
60 pullups
burpees (200 a week is my goal)
Handstand practice
sprints
tire flips
standing ab rollouts

Yea you get the idea. I have a bunch of things that interest me and I try to keep focused but at times my ADD get the best of me :slight_smile: Hopefully you got the gist of most of my training and what I do. [/quote]

You had me at handstands and tire flips. I can’t wait until I get to play again. This is going to be a pretty good thread. Can’t wait for the pics.

11/12/2010

jump rope
club swinging
mobility stuff

5/3/1 bench
125lbs x 3
130lbs x 3
140lbs x 6

5/3/1 Squat
165lbs x 3
175lbs x 3
185lbs x 8

Accessory work
One arm Pushups 2sets x 3 reps (each arm)
Pistols 3 x 10 (each leg)
USA tricep press 3 x 10
120lb zercher squats 1 x 10
145lb zercher squats 2 x 10

Notes----- Hand made it harder on the squat to hold the bar, they were strong though. Bench was good and solid. I dont have a spotter so I never really give it a 100%. I dont like it when I have to do 2 big lifts in one session. Zercher squats are so much fun :slight_smile: One arm pushups are still bad form but they are coming along alright. Time to face the day.

I have never been able to push out more the 1 ugly looking rep for the 1 hand pushups.

Have a nice day!

Hey native! Just catching up. Welcome!

Rancher eh? That sounds like a sweet deal! And a mommy too. Love it.

You’re incredibly strong! Amazing. The pullups…ugh! More amazing. Pullups are my obsession and 6 x 10 is incredible.

Keep up the great work!

Picture time…

Suspension & rope system

Pullup bar

I like your set up. I’m jealous of your suspension and rope system–very cool.

[quote]n8tive wrote:
Suspension & rope system[/quote]

Love this. Great idea. Are you using left hand on left rope & rt hand on rt rope, than scaling? If so, WOW! Your grip must be strong as dirt.

Hi…

awesome STUFF you got there! :slight_smile:

Print–With the ropes I usually do the rope climb, like you described.

Nadia-- thanks a bunch. It has taken me a while to get all my stuff built up and the way I want it.

Mim-- thanks, stop by anytime.

11/14 Sunday Stuff

5/3/1 Press

95lbs x 5
110lbs x 3
120lbs x 5

Dips
+45lbs x 1
+55lbs x 1
+65lbs x 1
+75lbs x 1
+80lbs x 1
+90lbs x fail

USA Circuit x 1 w/ fat gripz on the handles did the following
shoulder flex x 10
Outward rotation x 10
Rev Fly x 10

Pretty happy with the dips, dont know why I skipped 85lbs. Total miscalculation that I did not realize til I was putting the plates back. I will be getting that 90lbs in no time :). Presses feel pretty solid, I had some leg drive with the last set. Got the 1 rep with out the leg drive but the rest of em had it. I used to hate presses, now I really look forward to em and enjoy doing em. Saturday I did some mobility stuff but nothing else… I am feeling pretty worn out this week. Next week is my de-load week which is good with the way that I feel over the last couple days.

Last MOnday - Wednesday I had pretty lower than normal carb days and it is really effecting my recovery even still. Duly noted though I won’t be doing that again, I normally eat a pretty low carb diet (paleo-ish) anyhow so when I cut even more and foolishly think that I can keep my activiy level the same I pay for it. Well that is about all, we Preg-tested 135 head of cattle on Saturday and only had 7 cows that were not pregnant. Happy with that percentage, makes for the prospect of a good pay check next year - Hopefully…

Those dips are just SWEET! And the presses are making my head spin. I am very impressed. Keep on being awesome.

Kimba- thanks a bunch. The presses made my head spin too!

11/15/2010 Monday

Mobility stuff hips & legs
Jump rope
club swinging (1 & 10lbers)

5/3/1 Deadlift
175lbs x 5
200lbs x 3
225lbs x 4

HLR 3 x 12
135 lb BB Rows 3 x 7
Plank 1 x 2:00

Notes— meh!! This workout was okay, nothing major to report. Deadlift form was solid and felt good. NOt a lot of energy for the workout

awesome dips rancher lady

and yeah for 128 pregnant cows - someone was sure working hard :wink: Hope the calving goes just as smoothly.

n- Thanks. I hope that calving goes well too, only 3 months away - be here before I know it.