Bush's quotes

Interesting Quotes from The President (a few from his Dad). That George W is a funny guy. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Bush Quotes:
“Anyway, I’m so thankful, and so gracious - I’m gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well.” -George W. Bush, June 4, 2001

“If a person doesn’t have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all.” -George W. Bush, May 22, 2001

“For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It’s just unacceptable. And we’re going to do something about it.” -George W. Bush, May 14

“There’s no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead.” -George W. Bush, May 11, 2001

“First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country.” -George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April 24, 2001

“Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.” -George W. Bush, declining to take reporters’ questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001

“A lot of times in the rhetoric, people forget the facts. And the facts are that thousands of small businesses - Hispanically owned or otherwise - pay taxes at the highest marginal rate.” -George W. Bush, speaking to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, March 19, 2001

“I do think we need for a troop to be able to house his family. That’s an important part of building morale in the military.” -George W. Bush, speaking at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida, March 12, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.‘’ -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

“We’re concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it.” -George W. Bush, Feb. 7, 2001

“Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.” -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

“I’m hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure.” -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

“The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants.” -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

“I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that’s responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country.” -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

“I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them.” -George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

“If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so long as I’m the dictator.” -George W. Bush, Dec. 19, 2000

“They misunderestimated me.” -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

“If you don’t stand for anything, you don’t stand for anything!” -George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.” -George W. Bush

“They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it’s some kind of federal program.” -George W. Bush

“One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.” -George W. Bush

“I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” -George W. Bush

“I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.” -George W. Bush

“Well, I think if you say you’re going to do something and don’t do it, that’s trustworthiness.” -George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 2000

“We’re enjoying sluggish times, and not enjoying them very much.” -George Bush Sr., in 1992
“A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic illness.” -George W. Bush, in Sept. 2000

“These, they’re very dangerous. They trap you. Especially these furry ones…it’s these furry guys that get you in real trouble. They can reach out and listen to something so - keep it respectful here.” -George Bush Sr., speaking to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1991 about the need to be careful when speaking near open microphones
“There’s Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times.” -George W. Bush, in Sept. 2000

“It has been said by some cynic, maybe it was a former president, ‘If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.’ Well, we took them literally - that advice - as you know. But I didn’t need that because I have Barbara Bush.” -George Bush Sr., in 1989
“The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case.” -George W. Bush, in Jan. 2000

“I hope I stand for antibigotry, anti-Semitism, antiracism. This is what drives me.” -George Bush Sr., in 1988

“Unfairly but truthfully, our party has been tagged as being against things. Anti-immigrant, for example. And we’re not a party of anti-immigrants. Quite the opposite. We’re a party that welcomes people.” -George W. Bush, in July 2000

“For seven and a half years I’ve worked alongside President Reagan. We’ve had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We’ve had some sex…uh…setbacks.” -George Bush Sr., in 1988

“When I need a little advice about Saddam Hussein, I turn to country music.” -George Bush Sr., in 1991

“If a frog had wings, he wouldn’t hit his tail on the ground. Too hypothetical.” -George Bush Sr., in 1992
“Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.” -George W. Bush, in Oct… 2000

“I don’t know whether I’m going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I’m ready for the job. And, if not, that’s just the way it goes.” -George W. Bush, in Aug. 2000

“Do you have blacks, too?” -George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

“We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator.” -George W. Bush, to community and religious leaders in Moscow, May 24, 2002

“This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.” -George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

“It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber.” -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

“Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss’s) ‘Hop on Pop.’” -George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

“My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific.” -George W. Bush, who apparently forgot about a little something called World War II, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

“I couldn’t imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.” -George W. Bush, at a White House Menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

“My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the - in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen.” -George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Aug, 13, 2001
“It is white.” -George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

“We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.” -George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001

Context is fun!