Bush's Mandate Confirmed!

The following is not a hoax, despite how creepy it reads. It is not an intercepted letter proving a “relationship” exists between Bush and the theocrats of America. It is a genuine letter, and I will post the link at the end so you can see it from its source site.

Congratulatory letter to President George W. Bush from Dr. Bob Jones III
November 3, 2004

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

The media tells us that you have received the largest number of popular votes of any president in America’s history. Congratulations!

In your re-election, God has graciously granted America "though she doesn’t deserve it’a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. We the people expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet. Because you seek the Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly.

Don’t equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. Honor the Lord, and He will honor you.

Had your opponent won, I would have still given thanks, because the Bible says I must (I Thessalonians 5:18). It would have been hard, but because the Lord lifts up whom He will and pulls down whom He will, I would have done it. It is easy to rejoice today, because Christ has allowed you to be His servant in this nation for another presidential term. Undoubtedly, you will have opportunity to appoint many conservative judges and exercise forceful leadership with the Congress in passing legislation that is defined by biblical norm regarding the family, sexuality, sanctity of life, religious freedom, freedom of speech, and limited government. You have four years-a brief time only-to leave an imprint for righteousness upon this nation that brings with it the blessings of Almighty God.

Christ said, “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my father honour” (John 12:26).

The student body, faculty, and staff at Bob Jones University commit ourselves to pray for you-that you would do right and honor the Savior. Pull out all the stops and make a difference. If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed yourself of them. Conservative Americans would love to see one president who doesn’t care whether he is liked, but cares infinitely that he does right.

Best wishes.

Sincerely your friend,

Bob Jones III
President

BJIII:lw

PS: A few moments ago I read this letter to the students in Chapel. They applauded loudly their approval.

When I told them that Tom Daschle was no longer the minority leader of the Senate, they cheered again.

On occasion, Christians have not agreed with things you said during your first term. Nonetheless, we could not be more thankful that God has given you four more years to serve Him in the White House, never taking off your Christian faith and laying it aside as a man takes off a jacket, but living, speaking, and making decisions as one who knows the Bible to be eternally true.

[from http://www.bju.edu/letter ]

Sheesh! With freaks like these people pulling the levers of power of the US we will be stoning heretics within a couple of years!

Is anyone else bothered by this?

Dude! It was a letter TO the president from some crackpot with a severe case of “on fire for Jesus” herpes. This wasn’t a letter FROM the president. Relax.

Hehehehe, he said BJ, heh BJ university… huhhuhuh… yeah.

I’m not a Christian, but that letter didn’t bother me at all. What exactly is your problem with it?

I think this guy is absolutely lost. Bush only speaks about Christianity because he knows that a large segement of the population are Christians, not becuase he practices or believes in it. It’s nothing but a bunch of PR crap and to think that alot of people don’t see through it amazes me.

WOW is this guy full of himself. Was i the only one who clicked the link? who names a university after themselves,AND not just one

Bob Jones Child Development Center

Bob Jones Elementary School

Bob Jones Junior High School

Bob Jones Academy

Bob Jones University Museum & Gallery

I mean wow. I think Bob Jones likes Bob jones.

majinbu: You forgot the Bob Jones Brainwashing Clinic. Kool-Aid anyone?

[quote]majinbu wrote:
WOW is this guy full of himself. Was i the only one who clicked the link? who names a university after themselves,AND not just one

Bob Jones Child Development Center

Bob Jones Elementary School

Bob Jones Junior High School

Bob Jones Academy

Bob Jones University Museum & Gallery

I mean wow. I think Bob Jones likes Bob jones.[/quote]

And he’s a racist piece of shit. Nothing in the letter really bothered me, though.

It’s Bob Jones. No one should be surprised or shocked.

He’s confined to his small cranny of the world and he’s harmless. After all, Bob Jones University isn’t exactly MIT, so his ability to brainwash his followers is limited.

Roy,

To answer your question - no, I’m not bothered by this. You can be a man of strong faith and conviction without being a Bob Jones.

And, to reiterate from my previous post, Bob Jones runs a small, rather insignificant school - he does not make $100 million grossing mythodramas.

Roy:

“Had your opponent won, I would have still given thanks,”

Does that mean that this “freak” stood behind Kerry as well? He considers himself a good Christian. One who lives in a country where there is still freedom of religion.

Hey Roy, you are a good guy to be sure, but at some point you have to come to grips that you live in a nation where about 90% of the people believe in God. Don’t let it bug you pal.

I admit that Bob Jones is “out there” but since when did quoting the Bible become so distasteful?

Relax Roy, he’s just one man.

Oh No!!! A christian writing a letter. My God!!! Think of the implications!!!

That does it - that is a clear violation of sepraration of Church and State. Christians should not be allowed to write letters - especially not to elected leaders.

Psst…Roy…The election’s over. Bush won. This crap just makes you look like an elitist suffering from P.E.S.T. - maybe you should get some help.

Its not just that he wrote the letter. It is the influence that they and others of his ilk exercise over the president. The tone of his letter was as if they were giving Bush his marching orders for the next 4 years. For those who followed the “theocracy watch” thread you are probably familiar by now with groups like the “Apostletic Congress” and the “Council for American Policy”… Both groups that, like Bob Jones, would like to see Biblical law replace the constitution, and all with strong ties to this president. For those who may not remember, this is the school that GWB started his campaign tour back in 2000. The college is contraversial because they have racist campus policies, aside from being another group that wants to influence the president’s choices for cabinet members and appointed judges. It wouldn’t bother me if there wasn’t some paranoid voice in the back of my mind telling me that these people want to take over American politics and establish Christianity as a state religion. Maybe they won’t succeed, but they have never had someone in office before that reflects their values as GW does.

Roy,

“Maybe they won’t succeed, but they have never had someone in office before that reflects their values as GW does.”

This is where you miss the mark. No doubt there are all fringe groups who want to get their agenda pushed forward. But Bush isn’t one of them. Bush has Blacks in major cabinet positions, so it’d be difficult to claim that he and Bob are on the same page. Also, Bush appointed two gays during his first term and has come out and suggested he would accept civil unions.

Now, I’m not here to paint Bush as some New Age hippie, but he’s not a Right-wing radical, and this nonsense over Bush wanting to establish Christianity as a state religion and ultimately creating a theocracy is pure hysteria. It has no basis in reality.

Honestly, Roy, you seem like a reasonable guy - you don’t have to like or support Bush, but stop wasting your time with imaginary conspiracy theories.

I’m a proud conservative, and you have my oath, if Bush truly attempts to create this theocracy you are speaking of, I’ll be the first to join you in Canada.

Roy,

I can see your concern, but you really have to look for actions by the administration, not those that the administration uses to garner support, before you can really worry.

By showing up at BJU I’m sure Bush won the vote of every brainwashee that went through that place or any like it. It is appropriate to be aware of this and to keep your eyes open because of it, but that’s as far as you’ll get.

As much as I do love to bash Bush, yikes that sounds kind of dirty if you spell it “bush” and not “Bush”, you really can’t fault him for receiving letters implying a relationship. Heck, you or I could set up some wacko splinter group and write implicating letters too.

It’s the return letters you need to be worried about… :wink:

The letter didn’t really bother me. Bob Jones is a wacko, and I’m pretty sure his school isn’t even accredited (which means it’s basically worthless), but I’m sure plenty of other groups sent Bush letters.

Shit I didn’t vote for him, but I’d like to get a group of people like me (moderate democrats) together and send him a letter.

Realistically I agree that Bush isn’t that far to the right. I mean I don’t agree with everything he’s done (mostly Iraq) but the stuff that he has worked on has probably needed to be fixed if not at least looked at.