Bush's Iraq Reconstruction

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Sounds like the Republicans will be defeated in November.

Remember the democrats!!!

They’ll clean up this mess and a new sunshine-filled day will dawn.

If I was Conservative voter, like g-dol, I’d be sure to vote for the democrats.

On a serious note, I like when this author described post-war Iraq as “comparitively quiescent.”

To hear the news casts from our pals, it seems like things were horrendous from the get go.

I also like this author throwing in his contention about dismantling the Iraqi Army.

That’s what I love!!! I love my liberals to be upfront in their bias.

dEMOCRATS IN 2006 AND 2008!!!

We want people in Iraq that are dedicated to the mission and the ultimate success of that fledgling democracy!!!

JeffR

[/quote]

I’d much rather have you in Iraq.

Any chance on that happening effr0?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

Any chance on that happening effr0?[/quote]

We know we’d never see you there. Your avatar should have tits; that’d describe you better. Droopy is too much of a male to rep you.

Keep hiding in your little shithole country, bitch. The men will protect you in your ‘kennel’ over there.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

We know we’d never see you there. Your avatar should have tits; that’d describe you better. Droopy is too much of a male to rep you.

Keep hiding in your little shithole country, bitch. The men will protect you in your ‘kennel’ over there.

[/quote]

And Headhunter, brave leader of the Yellow Elephant brigade.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

And Headhunter, brave leader of the Yellow Elephant brigade.

[/quote]

Seriously, until you’re over there in the line of fire, keep the tough guy shit to yourself. No doubt we have basically given Western Europe a respite from history, and the low defense budgets that come with it, but it sounds pretty hollow coming from a keyboard warrior like yourself.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Seriously, until you’re over there in the line of fire, keep the tough guy shit to yourself. No doubt we have basically given Western Europe a respite from history, and the low defense budgets that come with it, but it sounds pretty hollow coming from a keyboard warrior like yourself.[/quote]

Okay - so we are not allowed to support the war, or rather voice our support because some folks have not enlisted to go over there and fight?

Does that also extend the the America haters like wreckless that make up unfounded lies about the conduct of the troops - and him having never enlisted?

Just wondering if the call goes both ways. Or, did the peaceniks actually pay for exclusive rights to the “shut the fuck up if you haven’t fought” strawman?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Seriously, until you’re over there in the line of fire, keep the tough guy shit to yourself. No doubt we have basically given Western Europe a respite from history, and the low defense budgets that come with it, but it sounds pretty hollow coming from a keyboard warrior like yourself.

Okay - so we are not allowed to support the war, or rather voice our support because some folks have not enlisted to go over there and fight?

Does that also extend the the America haters like wreckless that make up unfounded lies about the conduct of the troops - and him having never enlisted?

Just wondering if the call goes both ways. Or, did the peaceniks actually pay for exclusive rights to the “shut the fuck up if you haven’t fought” strawman?[/quote]

No, I wasn’t saying that at all, and it’s actually both a pretty fascist position and a recent Democrat one (see the Kerry campaign). There’s a difference between supporting the war and sticking your chest out and being a keyboard warrior. Big difference.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:

Just wondering if the call goes both ways. Or, did the peaceniks actually pay for exclusive rights to the “shut the fuck up if you haven’t fought” strawman?

No, I wasn’t saying that at all, and it’s actually both a pretty fascist position and a recent Democrat one (see the Kerry campaign). There’s a difference between supporting the war and sticking your chest out and being a keyboard warrior. Big difference.[/quote]

Agreed. Some of the loudest cheerleaders on this forum would NEVER be caught dead in a military uniform.

“I would if they would accept me but I have flat feet and I’m too old…but I would sure kick all of your asses if I could!!!”

This has become a fucking televised college football game to some people and that is sickening beyond words.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Agreed. Some of the loudest cheerleaders on this forum would NEVER be caught dead in a military uniform.

“I would if they would accept me but I have flat feet and I’m too old…but I would sure kick all of your asses if I could!!!”

This has become a fucking televised college football game to some people and that is sickening beyond words.[/quote]

I don’t see any of the anti-war side chastising their “warrioirs” that pound their chest and keyboards in an effort to criminalize our efforts. IF they really wanted to do something - why are they exempt from joining up and doing something besides running the vaginas they wear on their face?

As for the fucking football game - thank the media and the 24 hour news cycle.

If you think this is like a football game - ask some of the older folks about WWII. You will see this is NOTHING at all like a football game compared to that one.

I find it sickening that it bothers you so much that there are those that support this war and actually want us to win.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I find it sickening that it bothers you so much that there are those that support this war and actually want us to win.

[/quote]

This statement is retarded. I am very glad people support THE TROOPS. Supporting A WAR seems ass backwards.

rainjack wrote:

This statement is retarded. I am very glad people support THE TROOPS. Supporting A WAR seems ass backwards.[/quote]

Talk to the “Greatest Generation”. They were for the war. “Support the WAR: Buy Bonds”. Rosie the Rivoter - more than a cowards lip service for the troops. It was an entire makeover of the workforce to support the “WAR effort”.

“Hate the war - SUpport the troops” started in the 60’s by the anti-war hippies. These were the same people that burned draft cards and called our troops baby-killers.

Something is ass-backwards alright.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
rainjack wrote:

This statement is retarded. I am very glad people support THE TROOPS. Supporting A WAR seems ass backwards.

Talk to the “Greatest Generation”. They were for the war. “Support the WAR: Buy Bonds”. Rosie the Rivoter - more than a cowards lip service for the troops. It was an entire makeover of the workforce to support the “WAR effort”.

“Hate the war - SUpport the troops” started in the 60’s buy the anti-war hippies. Thesae were the same people that burned draft cards and called our troops baby-killers.

Something is ass-backwards alright. [/quote]

My dad was in Viet-Nam. There isn’t anything you’ve written that was unknown. “Support the war-Buy Bonds” was also initiated because as a whole, the nation wasn’t anywhere near the thriving society it is now. How many people then would have qualified as “lower class” compared to today? It was also very easy to convince the entire public who the bad guys were and who the good guys were. Captain America was spawned from those sentiments as a representation of an ideal and a set of morals. Fast forward nearly a century and suddenly things aren’t so black and white. The torture debate is an example of this along with the fact that no country tried to literally attack us. Who the bad guys are is now blended in with Iraqi civilians and the “black and white” of before becomes a hell of a lot more gray.

Of course you could easily convince an entire country to support a war effort when people were raised to hide under their school desks in case of a bombing. There was fear right here over what could happen on American soil so every boy and girl grew up knowing the bad guys were out there and only we (the good guys) could get them.

The issues we are discussing on this forum are an example that it isn’t so clear in every situation anymore whether the good guys are as good as they claim they are. Other countries are expressing the same concerns yet “we” laugh it off as if it doesn’t matter and scream a little louder how much better we are.

I would say our bragging and boasting has added to the gray color a litle more instead of set us apart as the guys in white to the entire world. Yet you can’t understand why everyone isn’t for A WAR?

I would say our bragging and boasting has added to the gray color a litle more instead of set us apart as the guys in white to the entire world. Yet you can’t understand why everyone isn’t for A WAR?[/quote]

FIrst off - The Greatest Generation was WWII - not Viet Nam. My dad was in 'Nam. My incle was there. i don’t know what that has to do with the topic.

What you don’t understand is that you cannot be “for the troops” and against the war.

They are inseparable.

You want to be against the war - that’s an honest position to hold. Being for the war is also just as honest.

But being for one and against the other is stradling a fence - and just asking to have your nuts pierced by the pickets. But that is assuming fence stradlers have nuts to begin with - as it is a coward’s position.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I would say our bragging and boasting has added to the gray color a litle more instead of set us apart as the guys in white to the entire world. Yet you can’t understand why everyone isn’t for A WAR?

FIrst off - The Greatest Generation was WWII - not Viet Nam. My dad was in 'Nam. My incle was there. i don’t know what that has to do with the topic.

What you don’t understand is that you cannot be “for the troops” and against the war.

They are inseparable.

You want to be against the war - that’s an honest position to hold. Being for the war is also just as honest.

But being for one and against the other is stradling a fence - and just asking to have your nuts pierced by the pickets. But that is assuming fence stradlers have nuts to begin with - as it is a coward’s position. [/quote]

Bullshit. I am not FOR this war and I support the troops daily. I want us to do what we need to do and get the majority of our troops home. I am one of the people many of these guys has to pass through for clearance to even get over there. With any emergency or pending health issues, they would be stuck here so it is partly my job to get these guys ready to deploy. I also want this war over and done with as soon as possible because I also get to see first hand some of the damage done to the lives of all of those affected when things don’t go as planned. Political rah rah bullshit has turned this into some sort of pep rally at a school sports activity with no side listening fully to the other. The simple fact that you believe someone has to be for a war to support the troops fighting in it shows you have fallen for that.

I also take offense to your correction above because I know very well about your generation comment and World War II. I thought that was pretty clear with the CAPTAIN AMERICA reference considering that is when he was created.

I also take offense to your correction above because I know very well about your generation comment and World War II. I thought that was pretty clear with the CAPTAIN AMERICA reference considering that is when he was created.[/quote]

I don’t do comic books beyond the compilations from Bloom County, The Far Side, and Calvin & Hobbes.