T Nation

Bushisms and HAHA Baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq956JmU1LE

[quote]ssn0 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq956JmU1LE[/quote]

Bush has definately blundered quite a bit, but he also graduated Yale and is now the most powerful man in the world.

Before bashing him, would you please share what you do?

Would have been funnier if they left out teh baby laugh.

:slight_smile:

First off that baby is ugly and annoying.

What struck me most is that MSNBC had a crawler on most of those shots asking, ‘Is Bush an “Idiot”?’. So MSNBC is right down the middle and Fox News is a right wing organ?

Well, by comparsion, I guess that’s true.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
ssn0 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq956JmU1LE

Bush has definately blundered quite a bit, but he also graduated Yale and is now the most powerful man in the world.

Before bashing him, would you please share what you do?[/quote]

Yes he has blundered quite shockingly . . look at his speeches as Gov in Texas and relate them to now, Pretty interesting. But I work for a private security firm named “Blackwater USA” and I am in debt and serve a cause I don’t believe in. It beats the 9-5 ! :slight_smile:

[quote]DS 007 wrote:

What struck me most is that MSNBC had a crawler on most of those shots asking, ‘Is Bush an “Idiot”?’. So MSNBC is right down the middle and Fox News is a right wing organ?

,.[/quote]

MSNBC is absolutely horrible. Let’s hear the Fox News bashers defend this crap.

[quote]ssn0 wrote:
… But I work for a private security firm named “Blackwater USA” and I am in debt and serve a cause I don’t believe in. It beats the 9-5 ! :)[/quote]

I don’t believe you.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
DS 007 wrote:

What struck me most is that MSNBC had a crawler on most of those shots asking, ‘Is Bush an “Idiot”?’. So MSNBC is right down the middle and Fox News is a right wing organ?

,.

MSNBC is absolutely horrible. Let’s hear the Fox News bashers defend this crap.[/quote]

MSNBC leans left. I don’t bash FOX because it leans right, I bash it because it most blatantly lies, distorts, and alarms in it’s news. As much as I hate O’Reilly, and as much as Sean Hannity makes me want to go postal at FOX Inc., it’s the blatant disregard for fact checking that makes me hate Fox news.

The alarmism, lies, and most important the absolute shit quality of news that comes from FOX is the worst of the corporate media. Personally, I think most broadcast media is fuck awful, and I usually only trust BBC for international news (and even then with large grains of salt).

Printed News/Christian Science Monitor FTW!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
ssn0 wrote:
… But I work for a private security firm named “Blackwater USA” and I am in debt and serve a cause I don’t believe in. It beats the 9-5 ! :slight_smile:

I don’t believe you.[/quote]

Blackwater hires some really badass MFs, and I say that quietly. I therefore ask that you DO NOT hunt Zap down; I like him.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
DS 007 wrote:

What struck me most is that MSNBC had a crawler on most of those shots asking, ‘Is Bush an “Idiot”?’. So MSNBC is right down the middle and Fox News is a right wing organ?

,.

MSNBC is absolutely horrible. Let’s hear the Fox News bashers defend this crap.

MSNBC leans left. I don’t bash FOX because it leans right, I bash it because it most blatantly lies, distorts, and alarms in it’s news. As much as I hate O’Reilly, and as much as Sean Hannity makes me want to go postal at FOX Inc., it’s the blatant disregard for fact checking that makes me hate Fox news.

The alarmism, lies, and most important the absolute shit quality of news that comes from FOX is the worst of the corporate media. Personally, I think most broadcast media is fuck awful, and I usually only trust BBC for international news (and even then with large grains of salt).

Printed News/Christian Science Monitor FTW![/quote]

Objectivity is impossible in reporting anything but the simplest facts. Therefore, as Sartre would say: “Pick the one you like and fuckin’ play it!” :smiley:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Objectivity is impossible in reporting anything but the simplest facts. Therefore, as Sartre would say: “Pick the one you like and fuckin’ play it!” :smiley:
[/quote]

There are however “degrees” of lacking objectivity…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Objectivity is impossible in reporting anything but the simplest facts. Therefore, as Sartre would say: “Pick the one you like and fuckin’ play it!” :smiley:

There are however “degrees” of lacking objectivity…[/quote]

How does one make that determination? There would have to be some standard to refer to. Should we use the BBC or CBC as the standard? Or, how about letting Dan Rather be the judge?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

There are however “degrees” of lacking objectivity…

How does one make that determination? There would have to be some standard to refer to. Should we use the BBC or CBC as the standard? Or, how about letting Dan Rather be the judge?

[/quote]

Unfortunately it is subjective, however…

  • presenting varying opinions (fairly) is a start.
  • limiting opinions to researched debate is a start.
  • avoiding outright lies and misrepresentations is a start.

It’s too bad that most people watching news don’t seem to distill out factual content from emotional invective.

Zap Branigan wrote:
ssn0 wrote:
… But I work for a private security firm named “Blackwater USA” and I am in debt and serve a cause I don’t believe in. It beats the 9-5 ! :slight_smile:

I don’t believe you.

Blackwater hires some really badass MFs, and I say that quietly. I therefore ask that you DO NOT hunt Zap down; I like him.

I like bad asses, but they are few and far between.