Bush Wanted War, BUT!!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Anyone who would discredit the men and women in law enforcement who have handled things only to credit Bush with why there hasn’t been another major incident has a few screws loose.[/quote]

Who discredited the men and women of law enforcement?

Saying Bush has done a good job securing the nation is in no way an opinion on the job done by members of law enforcement and the job they have done. It’s not an ‘either-or’.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Good thing we have the absolutely brilliant Bush administration military tacticians in the White House.

Otherwise we’d ALL be speaking Iraqi, right now.

So everyone should please stop saying George Bush is DANGEROUSLY INCOMPETENT.

Because HE. IS. DEFINITELY. NOT.

Hey, another career general called for Rumsfield’s resignation this weekend. Pfffft, do these dumb military guys really think they know more than The Mighty Rumsfeld? Rummy’s got the cutest sayings, and he’s doing a heckuva job! Hey Rummy, tell the generals one more time, to shut the fuck up and salute!

PS: JeffR, yes I call my Senators at least once a week and tell them I want the troops out of Iraq ASAP, and Bush out of the White House ASAP. Try it, it’s fun![/quote]

I’m sure they look forward to that call every week. Bet the unpaid interns draw straws to see who has to take it.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

So common is the statement “Bush lied” that it seems sometimes that I am the only blue-state person who does not think it is true. Then, last week, the indomitable Helen Thomas changed all that with a single question. She asked George Bush why he wanted “to go to war” from the moment he “stepped into the White House,” and the president said, “You know, I didn’t want war.” With that, the last blue-state skeptic folded.
…[/quote]

thanks for posting that wreckless, I was wondering how people would take it when Bush said that. I thought most bluestaters would just jump in line and think “yeah - Bush never wanted war”

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Bush wanted to remove Saddam Hussien because it was the US national policy signed into law by President Clinton.

War was the only way to do it.

That’s all well and good, and we had ample justification for going to war, but Bush is flat-out lying if he said he didn’t want war. His administration was thinking about it from when they got into office, and it was a virtual certainty by September 12, 2001.[/quote]

He is not lying. He would have preferred Saddam to leave Iraq on his own without a shooting war.

The fact they were thinking about it means that they were doing their job.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Anyone who would discredit the men and women in law enforcement who have handled things only to credit Bush with why there hasn’t been another major incident has a few screws loose.

Saying Bush has done a good job securing the nation is in no way an opinion on the job done by members of law enforcement and the job they have done. It’s not an ‘either-or’.[/quote]

Actually, it is. As the other poster noted, Bush also has saved us from meteor attacks, alien invasions, the Apocalypse, the return of the dinosaurs, another Barbera Streisand album, the sun from going supernova, tears in the space time continuum, and the resurrection of the dead as flesh eating zombies. Did I miss anything?

…[preventing] another Barbera Streisand album…[/quote]

This is wrong - this part of the Patriot Act was not renewed, to the great shame of the Congress.

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:
Bush lied. Bush is an idiot. Bush is incompetent. Bush planned the war all along. Bush has bad breath. Bush stinks. Bush has kept us safe from terrorist attacks since 9/11. Bush is dumb…wait…Bush has kept us SAFE since 9/11…he must be doing something right?

Right, libs…[/quote]

Vroom has also prevented several terror attacks.

and don’t forget he has “the rock that keeps tigers away”. i wonder how much he wants for that rock.
(the simpsons)

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Vroom has also prevented several terror attacks.[/quote]

That’s right, don’t forget my recent request for additional funding…

thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Anyone who would discredit the men and women in law enforcement who have handled things only to credit Bush with why there hasn’t been another major incident has a few screws loose.

Saying Bush has done a good job securing the nation is in no way an opinion on the job done by members of law enforcement and the job they have done. It’s not an ‘either-or’.

Actually, it is. As the other poster noted, Bush also has saved us from meteor attacks, alien invasions, the Apocalypse, the return of the dinosaurs, another Barbera Streisand album, the sun from going supernova, tears in the space time continuum, and the resurrection of the dead as flesh eating zombies. Did I miss anything?[/quote]

Baby Jesus hasn’t come back yet.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
when you are in that position you cannot be “just wrong”. when you hold the lives of soo many in your hands it’s imperative that you be 110% right, period. what kind of leader falls on the defense that he was wrong? oops sorry i was wrong, well now your loved ones are dead, as well as the loved ones of all those who oppossed us.[/quote]

MAZILLA . . . since you’ve apparently never been in charge of anything larger than say, a circle-jerk, you obviously don’t understand that LEADERS ARE WRONG ALL OF THE TIME . . . IF NOT MOST OF THE TIME. It’s the ending that counts, and this one isn’t over.

And the point of fact is, that if Bush was wrong about Iraq, then so were most leaders of European coutries. So were advisors in the White House. So was much of the CIA, the Department of Defense and the Department of State. So were most foreign intelligence agencies. So were most foreign governments. So were most foreign militaries. So was the United Nations. So were various non-governmental organizations. And so WERE MANY IN THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY INCLUDING SOME OF SADDAM’S KEY LEADERS.

The fact is that Hussein ran a masterful disinformation plan for who-the-fuck-knows what reason. He was too smart for his own good.

And by the way: Many believe that until our experts are able to look under every rock in the Bakaa Valley, and get inside the Syrian government, we’re never going to know EXACTLY what the truth was about the WMDs.

And it doesn’t matter anyway. In case you missed it, a bunch of assholes attacked us on 911.

New rules!

Following 911, any country who even SMELLS like they’re going to attack us is going to get shit-hammered.

Saddam Hussein CLAIMED HE HAD WMDs. He was regulalrly shooting missiles at US airplanes. He circumvented all attemnpts to economically blockade him. He had BILLIONS of dollars that he could spend as he wished. He had bribed senior members of the United Nations and several European nations. He was giving money to suicide bombers in Palestine. He had embassies and a massive intelligence agency operating around the world. HE HAD USED WMDs AND HAD ALREADY FOUGHT A MAJOR WAR AGAINST THE UNITED STATES.

Under the new rules of 912, that all made him a dangerous character.

If you don’t understand all that . . . well, then, I guess it’s a good thing that you’re just a body builder/weight lifter and not in charge of running the country like the President, huh?

[quote]JJJJ wrote:
mazilla wrote:
when you are in that position you cannot be “just wrong”. when you hold the lives of soo many in your hands it’s imperative that you be 110% right, period. what kind of leader falls on the defense that he was wrong? oops sorry i was wrong, well now your loved ones are dead, as well as the loved ones of all those who oppossed us.

MAZILLA . . . since you’ve apparently never been in charge of anything larger than say, a circle-jerk, you obviously don’t understand that LEADERS ARE WRONG ALL OF THE TIME . . . IF NOT MOST OF THE TIME. It’s the ending that counts, and this one isn’t over.

And the point of fact is, that if Bush was wrong about Iraq, then so were most leaders of European coutries. So were advisors in the White House. So was much of the CIA, the Department of Defense and the Department of State. So were most foreign intelligence agencies. So were most foreign governments. So were most foreign militaries. So was the United Nations. So were various non-governmental organizations. And so WERE MANY IN THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY INCLUDING SOME OF SADDAM’S KEY LEADERS.

The fact is that Hussein ran a masterful disinformation plan for who-the-fuck-knows what reason. He was too smart for his own good.

And by the way: Many believe that until our experts are able to look under every rock in the Bakaa Valley, and get inside the Syrian government, we’re never going to know EXACTLY what the truth was about the WMDs.

And it doesn’t matter anyway. In case you missed it, a bunch of assholes attacked us on 911.

New rules!

Following 911, any country who even SMELLS like they’re going to attack us is going to get shit-hammered.

Saddam Hussein CLAIMED HE HAD WMDs. He was regulalrly shooting missiles at US airplanes. He circumvented all attemnpts to economically blockade him. He had BILLIONS of dollars that he could spend as he wished. He had bribed senior members of the United Nations and several European nations. He was giving money to suicide bombers in Palestine. He had embassies and a massive intelligence agency operating around the world. HE HAD USED WMDs AND HAD ALREADY FOUGHT A MAJOR WAR AGAINST THE UNITED STATES.

If you don’t understand all that . . . well, then, I guess it’s a good thing that you’re just a body builder/weight lifter and not in charge of running the country like the President, huh?
[/quote]

thank you for validating my point. i appreciate it. so, because ENGLAND choose sides that relieves the president of his responsability as OUR leader? i can see that your “leadership” skills would fit perfectly along with that retarded mentality(no offense to retards). just making a statement like that allows me to totally dismiss anything you say from here on out.

thanks, you made it very easy. it would take page upon page to go in depth with the fault in your post, so i will spare us all.please from here forward keep you fingers off the keys and leave it to the adults. in fact, is this president bush? because you sound very similar. full of excuses. a real leader takes responsability for his actions. a real leader doesnt hide behind others in a time of crisis. if bush had started out by saying i will attack iraq if i am elected i would have had allot more respect for him.

instead he plays sissy games, and makes lame excuses about why his failure is somebody else’s. he’s not a leader, and can hardly qualify as a man. the same can be said for you, if you judge a book by it’s content, that is.i would like to write more, but i have some leading to do know seeing as i am the manager of this office and it’s 32 employee’s.

mazilla,

I’d like to see pages and pages of refutation of the truth.

Good luck.

It’s nice to see your mind is clamped solidly shut. Makes a better lefty loon of you.

JJJJ, good stuff. mazilla cannot refute it. He does the usual dodge and hustle (aka…attack the messenger).

I’m also glad he isn’t in charge of anything. Hell, he probably shares his mother’s basement.

JeffR

P.S. mazilla, have you written or called your Senator/Rep? Let’s get the IMPEACHMENT UNDER WAY!!!

Good post, Jeff

By the way, thank you for your service. I think it’s great that you can take time out to post here, while you’re serving in Iraq.

A lot of the guys who cheelead for the war don’t actually have the guts to back up their war rhetoric with action. You know the type- all talk and no action. Some people call them Chickenhawks, or to be more specific, Yellow-Bellied Elephants if they are Republican.

I really respect that you are not one of those guys just shooting their mouths off, with nothing to back it up.

if he (bush) has to take full blame when anything goes wrong, why cannot he take some of the credit when some things go right.

[quote]JJJJ wrote:
mazilla wrote:
when you are in that position you cannot be “just wrong”. when you hold the lives of soo many in your hands it’s imperative that you be 110% right, period. what kind of leader falls on the defense that he was wrong? oops sorry i was wrong, well now your loved ones are dead, as well as the loved ones of all those who oppossed us.

New rules!

[/quote]

JJJJ,

That was an exellent post.

really? wow. BTW, bush is also responsible for morning bad breath, cancer, any puppy that ever dies, and your sweaty stinky armpits.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
JJJJ wrote:
mazilla wrote:

New rules!

thank you for validating my point. i appreciate it. so, because ENGLAND choose sides that relieves the president of his responsability as OUR leader? i can see that your “leadership” skills would fit perfectly along with that retarded mentality(no offense to retards). just making a statement like that allows me to totally dismiss anything you say from here on out.

thanks, you made it very easy. it would take page upon page to go in depth with the fault in your post, so i will spare us all.please from here forward keep you fingers off the keys and leave it to the adults. in fact, is this president bush? because you sound very similar. full of excuses. a real leader takes responsability for his actions. a real leader doesnt hide behind others in a time of crisis. if bush had started out by saying i will attack iraq if i am elected i would have had allot more respect for him.

instead he plays sissy games, and makes lame excuses about why his failure is somebody else’s. he’s not a leader, and can hardly qualify as a man. the same can be said for you, if you judge a book by it’s content, that is.i would like to write more, but i have some leading to do know seeing as i am the manager of this office and it’s 32 employee’s.
[/quote]

There are some individuals on this forum who bandy about the term “right wing chearleader” at every turn and with wreckless abandon. Why is it that folks like Bradley, mazila, 100m, JTF, etc., never get called out for being leftist chearleaders?

Hmmmm.

you know, i could not stand Clinton. during his supposed “best economy ever” i was having some of the worst times of my life financially. but i did not blame him for every fucking thing that possibly pissed me off either. you guys need to grow the fuck up.

i work in the San Francisco bay area, where the population is either liberal white, or urban black. i hear some of the most stupid shit all the time. i was eavesdropping on a conversation between guys in environmental services, as they watched TV. i wish i had a notebook or a tape recorder, as i cant recite details, but i am not exaggerating, EVERY THING wrong in the entire world is Bush or Cheney’s fault. they were watching the news, and they each linked every single bad story to the current administration, hell, they managed to even comment on the commercials, finding something bad and linking it to Bush and Cheney.

fucking idiots. how in the fuck does it feel to wake up every morning and feel like you are getting ass-reamed by the all powerful evil bush cabal from the time you take your morning shit till the time you slip off your birkenstocks or timberland’s and go to bed? what a miserable life you people lead. i feel sorry for you.

I question the mentality of anyone who agrees with JJJJ on much of anything. His post history shines a wonderful light on those who side with him.