Bush Sounds Like a T-Man

rock1356 wrote:

"Didn’t this president enlarge the war on terrorism by piggie backing Iraq with it? Dragging our troops / name / and resources to the ground?

The war in Iraq has cost so far over $300 billion dollars, far more to me than what Iraq / middle east as a whole is worth. Hell for $300+ billion dollars we could have bought the whole country of Iraq with out firing a bullet. (If my numbers are correct that comes to around 10k for every man woman and child in Iraq).

If anything, I think this president has made things worse than they possible could be and has delayed any real effective “win” over terrorism. Lets not even get into the issue of stem cell research and his reluctance to move forward with it (which is costing us our lead in the world for research in this field).

Now this president is better than Kerry but I would have be happier with another choice then either of these two."

I like your avatar. Let’s talk about it. Who is she?

JeffR

Nothing says T-Man like a silver spoon Yale guy.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
rock1356 wrote:

"Didn’t this president enlarge the war on terrorism by piggie backing Iraq with it? Dragging our troops / name / and resources to the ground?

The war in Iraq has cost so far over $300 billion dollars, far more to me than what Iraq / middle east as a whole is worth. Hell for $300+ billion dollars we could have bought the whole country of Iraq with out firing a bullet. (If my numbers are correct that comes to around 10k for every man woman and child in Iraq).

If anything, I think this president has made things worse than they possible could be and has delayed any real effective “win” over terrorism. Lets not even get into the issue of stem cell research and his reluctance to move forward with it (which is costing us our lead in the world for research in this field).

Now this president is better than Kerry but I would have be happier with another choice then either of these two."

I like your avatar. Let’s talk about it. Who is she?

JeffR

[/quote]

Her name is Elin Grindemyr. A hot swedish woman.

www.phun.org/phun/galleries/elin_grindemyr/elin-grindemyr-pics-pictures-gallery-free-download-01.htm

[quote]dylan5150 wrote:
Nothing says T-Man like a silver spoon Yale guy.[/quote]

Now that’s comedy.

[quote]rock1356 wrote:
yustas wrote:
From the article:

“Bush can bench press 185 pounds five times”

I think it is impressive that he can do that. Would he not be the first US President with a bench like this?

I think the most physically active president would be good old Teddy Roosevelt. Now that man is the definition of a T-man.

[/quote]

TR was one of the best. He was a true T-man.

There are a lot of things I like about Bush, but he did choke on a pretzel and fall off a Segway. I don’t know if he is a T-man yet.

[quote]dylan5150 wrote:
Nothing says T-Man like a silver spoon Yale guy.[/quote]

I wonder can anyone who goes to an Ivy League college be a T-Man? Do only those who went to a lesser college qualify?

Are we also to exclude all those born into money?

Just curious what one has to do with the other.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
dylan5150 wrote:

I wonder can anyone who goes to an Ivy League college be a T-Man? Do only those who went to a lesser college qualify?

Just curious what one has to do with the other.[/quote]

An Ivy league college has nothing to do with it. I would venture a guess that many hold the opinion that the less actual hardship one has to face while growing up, the less their accomplishments are applauded.

I personally don’t jump for joy and start handing out medals when a rich kid with two doctors for parents and college tuition completely paid for before they leave the 5th grade graduates from college. I would expect that.

I hear the Hilton sisters just opened another line of clothing. They must be some T-Vixens, huh, Zeb?

Bush has great admirers and great detractors. That makes your opinion and theirs’ equally valid.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
dylan5150 wrote:

Just curious what one has to do with the other.[/quote]

I don’t its the fact that he went to Yale that he is talking about. The man got into yale because his daddy got him in there and not because he worked hard and got good grades. Hell the man got gentlemen Cs in Yale. From what I hear from Yale student, all that means is he showed up to class but never did any work.

Just like how he was accepted to the Air national guard. I had better qualifications for the Air Force Acedemy and was refused. Yet this guy gets to fly a jet.

If the guy worked hard and got into college on his own that wouldn
t be an issue. But Bush has had his father holding his hand the whole time.

To bad we got F’d and Bush sr is no longer holding his son hand. If Bush sr. was in office this whole situation would have turned alot different and I imagine alot better.

Re-read the title of this thread:
“Bush SOUNDS Like a T-Man”

Ever hear the man speak?

Talk about a fallacious statement!

[quote]rock1356 wrote:
Hell the man got gentlemen Cs in Yale. From what I hear from Yale student, all that means is he showed up to class but never did any work.
[/quote]

Sounds like Kerry too. :wink:

I’m just still amazed that, for either guy, we still look all the way back to what they did in college. Where I work, where you went to school is nice and all, but after a few years, it’s pretty much about what you do. Can only ride the Ivy League laurels so long.

And yes, I know this is pretty much an open call for a raging debate on what Kerry and Bush have done since then, etc. etc. Just bringing this point up because it reminds me of a situation at work where someone mentioned how this woman went to an Ivy league school… but if you never told me that, I would have NEVER guessed it because it just doesn’t show.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
rock1356 wrote:
Hell the man got gentlemen Cs in Yale. From what I hear from Yale student, all that means is he showed up to class but never did any work.

Sounds like Kerry too. :wink:

I’m just still amazed that, for either guy, we still look all the way back to what they did in college. Where I work, where you went to school is nice and all, but after a few years, it’s pretty much about what you do. Can only ride the Ivy League laurels so long.

And yes, I know this is pretty much an open call for a raging debate on what Kerry and Bush have done since then, etc. etc. Just bringing this point up because it reminds me of a situation at work where someone mentioned how this woman went to an Ivy league school… but if you never told me that, I would have NEVER guessed it because it just doesn’t show.[/quote]

Kerry is in the same camp, but no one is saying he is a T-man. They are saying Bush is a T-man. Which i think is far far far from the truth. So there really is no need to bring up has been Kerry in my view, except to kind prop up Bush.

Your right what does an education have to do with a person after a few years in the work force! But this is not an average job. This is not a job that anyone gets. This is the president of the united states! The highest position in the land!

Only a select few of blow hards, turd sandwhiches, rich, spoil ass kissers ever get to make it to that point. So If im going to pick from the lesser of two evils, I want to know everything. From if they sit down or stand up to piss.

You guys may know by now how much I despise ole “W”, but I am impressed with him as far as the fitness thing goes. The fact that he attempts to get the population to follow his lead is good, as maybe even he realizes, in all his dim wit, that America is a bit too fat and lazy. This might be the only thing I give him credit for.

[quote]rock1356 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
dylan5150 wrote:

Just curious what one has to do with the other.

I don’t its the fact that he went to Yale that he is talking about. The man got into yale because his daddy got him in there and not because he worked hard and got good grades. Hell the man got gentlemen Cs in Yale. From what I hear from Yale student, all that means is he showed up to class but never did any work.

Just like how he was accepted to the Air national guard. I had better qualifications for the Air Force Acedemy and was refused. Yet this guy gets to fly a jet.

If the guy worked hard and got into college on his own that wouldn
t be an issue. But Bush has had his father holding his hand the whole time.

To bad we got F’d and Bush sr is no longer holding his son hand. If Bush sr. was in office this whole situation would have turned alot different and I imagine alot better.

[/quote]

I guess we all admire those who “do it on their own.” But…if you think about it the “rich kid” has challenges of his own.

When you are given an advantage in life what do you do with it? Do you not take it? Does anyone with an advantage over another give that advantage up just so they can be on equal footing with their competition?

If you won the lottery tommorow would you give it all away thinking that you didn’t want an unfair financial advantage over others? If you were trying to get a job and your uncle happened to be a higher up in the company would you use his name on your resume? Would you ask him to speak for you? Of course you would, and so would the rest of us.

I think life is about trying to succeed by using every advantage moral and legal at our disposal (some even go beyond this-one only has to look at steroid use…one more advantage).

Holding either President Bush’s wealth or power against him is foolish. The same with Sen. Kerry and most of the rest of Congress for that matter (there are exceptions).

You maximize your own opportunities as best you can. We all do it at every level. Let’s not be jealous of those who are born with more opportunities than we are. Basically, you play with the hand that you are dealt!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
You maximize your own opportunities as best you can. We all do it at every level. Let’s not be jealous of those who are born with more opportunities than we are. Basically, you play with the hand that you are dealt!

[/quote]

Jealousy implies that “we” want what Bush has. Aside from his clear power from being in that position, there isn’t much that I look up to President Bush for. I am also not jealous of anyone else who had more opportunities than me. I can say that because I am proud of what I have done with my own opportunities. On a grading scale, however, the kid who “had it all” would have to do some amazingly above average feats to stand out above it. I haven’t seen that in this presidency.

Is it an ominous sign that i cameout of the womb holdin Aces and Eights?

Just wonderin’.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:

Just wonderin’.[/quote]

lol

Hey, sometimes I feel the same way pal!

Just as long as we live in a country where anyone can make it…that’s all I want. And right now we have it…elect too many liberals and…well that could change!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Just wonderin’.

lol

Just as long as we live in a country where anyone can make it…that’s all I want. And right now we have it…elect too many liberals and…well that could change![/quote]

Because liberals are notorious for being pro-corporation, pro-rich, anti-social programs, and anti-abortion.

ZEB, those liberals sure don’t like the “little guy,” do they.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Just wonderin’.

lol

Just as long as we live in a country where anyone can make it…that’s all I want. And right now we have it…elect too many liberals and…well that could change![/quote]

Thank you, Zeb Limbaugh. Another genius comment that makes me shudder.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
ZEB wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Just wonderin’.

lol

Just as long as we live in a country where anyone can make it…that’s all I want. And right now we have it…elect too many liberals and…well that could change!

Because liberals are notorious for being pro-corporation, pro-rich, anti-social programs, and anti-abortion.

ZEB, those liberals sure don’t like the “little guy,” do they. [/quote]

They certainly are not for those who want to strike it rich! Do you think feeding money into social programs helps those would be entrepreneurs, or investors? Not hardly! All it does is feed the bureaucracy.

Actually, the number one criteria for financial success is lower taxes. The more money that the little guy can keep in his own pocket the better. Unless you think government knows what to do with your money more than you do. A high tax rate actually hurts the little guy far more than a corporation.

What happens when a corporation gets its taxes raised? They pass the cost on to the consumer. What happens when someone making 40-K per year gets his taxes raised? That means he has a more difficult time saving for an opportunity to go into business, or invest the money.

As a rule the republicans are for lower taxes. Liberals on the other hand think that its wrong to let the little guy keep his money. They want everyone to pool their money into big brother so that it can be redistributed.

Think about it.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Just wonderin’.

lol

Thank you, Zeb Limbaugh. Another genius comment that makes me shudder.[/quote]

Look, I know you are Irish and you like to fight, but seriously…take a look at my post to obofill.

If you are attempting to actually succeed in a big way financially liberals are not your friend.