T Nation

Bush - Pre-9/11 Mentality?

"I really don't understand why it's okay for a British company to operate our ports, but not a company from the Middle East"

Maybe he has forgotten a little incident called 9/11? Weren't 2 of the hijackers from the UAE? 3,000 innocent Americans died that day, and our president says that he sees no reason to hold Middle Eastern countries to a higher security standard? That sounds like conservative political correctness run amok, at the expense of our safety.

Richard Reid was British, Yaser Hamdi was an American citizen. The fact that two of the 9/11 hijackers were from the UAE is meaningless.

And none were from Iraq - since when are we making distinctions among Arabs?

Now, Zeb, this was a racist statement.

I'll have to check my facts, but it seems to me like Terry McVey was from the U.S.

Shouldn't we ban them from managing our ports too? And airports, while we're at it?

I am not entirely serious about this. The left always gets accused of having a pre-9/11 mentality, extreme political correctness, and of forgetting the events of 9/11 and those who died there. I just wanted to turn it around on Bush.

Tim McVeigh was from Western NY.

Terry Nichols is American too.

Don't forget gas stations and Qwik E Marts.

Sorry, I knew I should have looked up the spelling when I posted. Good point on the gas station/mini-mart thing, though.

No problem. I am always happy to be a wise ass.