T Nation

Bush Impeachment Inquiry

http://atlantaprogressivenews.com/news/0035.html

Something tells me this isn't going to get very far.

Once you realise that the US is not a democracy, most of what happens makes a lot more sense. I'm not being a conspiracy nut about this either; look at our system and realise that the power that is wielded by the people is very insignificant.

Do you vote?

The current 30 total co-sponsors of the impeachment bill are:

"Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI), Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Rep. Michael Capuano (D-MA), Rep. Lois Capps (D-CA), Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Sam Farr (D-CA), Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Rep. Mike Honda (D-CA), Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI), Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Rep. James Oberstar (D-MN), Rep. John Olver (D-MA), Rep. Major Owens (D-NY), Rep. Donald Payne (D-NJ),Rep. Charles Rangel (lol) (D-NY), Rep. Martin Sabo (D-MN), Rep. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Rep. Fortney Pete Stark (D-CA), Rep. John Tierney (D-MA), Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), and Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-CA)."

They will be meeting every Monday of each week mid afternoon. For lunch they will be having nut bags, and sour grapes as an appetizer.

Then a main course of crow. After that is digested they will enjoy some red herring. Those who are still hungry will be able to dine on eggs. And they will be cautioned to keep as much of the egg off of their faces as possible!

:slightly_smiling:

I thought my opinion of the Dems couldn't get any lower. I was wrong.

Thank god it is not a strict democracy and it is a democratic republic.

If it was a straight democracy our next president would also be the American Idol winner.

Although I agree with Salty, I also agree with Zap.

Of course, if Kelly Clarkson was President I would watch every speech she ever gave.

How do you feel about Clinton's impeachment?

Very true. Who votes for judges, bureaucratic agencies, IRS regulations, etc?

Then if you add gerrymandering to the list and realize most members of the House of Representatives are not in danger of losing their seats, you begin to realize the system has changed -- it was never a direct democracy, but the government was supposed to be more responsive to the citizens -- particularly the legislative branch. One could argue convincingly that the executive is the most responsive and representative branch in the current federal government.

Convincingly? Good luck!