Bush Cheating

[quote]Squeak wrote:
(yes I’ve seen it) [/quote]

The high res version?

What he took out of his pocket, what did it most look like?

a) a black pen
b) a thin stack of 3 by 5s

You know, I would think so too. We know Kerry is crafty, but that doesn’t mean he’s smart. Maybe he just overestimated the height of the podium.

Answer my question above Squeak, if your going post again.

I am just trying to fight this argument with some logic (my logic). I can only believe that it cannot be proved and my reasoning behind this is how the media has ignored it. Despite how much crap they get for being unreliable, which I believe is true, I do not think they would have looked the other way if proving it were at all possible.

So to sum it up, much like the 911/us government conspiracy and faith in God, it’s just a matter of what’s easier for you to believe and that’s probably what you will (although you will probably never know the truth). It’s possible but it won’t be proved. So in this case I’m not going to judge him for it until the evidence smacks me in the face.

Couldn’t resist this great explanation:

Object Under Bush Jacket Identified: ‘It’s a Spine’
(2004-10-11) – A forensic scientist studying photographic evidence has identified an object which caused a bump on the back of a suit jacket worn by President George Bush during his first debate with John Forbes Kerry.

“It’s a spine,” said the unnamed scientist. “The president’s backbone, in a sense, was showing during his debate with Mr. Kerry.”

Similar images of Mr. Kerry showed “no comparable spinal features.”

When asked about the new evidence, Mr. Kerry said, “I had a spine when I defended this country as a young man, and I will have one again when I defend her as president of the United States.”

http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/001873.html

I think I may have to reconsider my previous remarks and say that there just may be something to this cheating story…

The WH has said it wasn’t a BP vest…so what the hell was it?

The official line is that it was a poor tailoring job…
uh, right…the President of the United States couldn’t get a suit to fit him right for the first nationally televised debate? Please.

On page 17 of the Memorandum of Understanding – the debate rules outlined by Bush and agreed to by Kerry – you will find this:

“The camera located at the rear of the stage shall be used only to take shots of the moderator.”

This is interesting, but granted, the camera they are referring to must be the one directly in front of the moderator…but perhaps not, I don’t know. I think the quote implies that the Bush camp didn’t want pictures taken of the candidates from the rear…perhaps for this very reason – they knew his suit would be “poorly tailored.”

I’m still skeptical, but the WH needs a better explanation than “the suit was poorly tailored.” That’s BS.

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:

The WH has said it wasn’t a BP vest…so what the hell was it? [/quote]

I think it was this, the Comtek “Receive-a-Clue”.

http://www.comtek.com/IFBCueing/ifbcueing.html

I don’t think we should let this thread die so quickly.

BB – you read, or at least cite, Salon regularly, how come you haven’t updated us with their investigation of this?

Aparently there seems to be much indication that Bush in fact had a wire on during the first debate, and I believe Salon reports even an ear piece.