T Nation

Bush Bloopers/Funny Moments

I loved this guy, no matter what...he's human. This thread is for Bush bloopers!

The laugh track makes it seem like hes the funniest guy in the world, when really it was just more like a comedian bombing. Just painful to hear him speak.

As much as I hate the guys policies and don't respect his intellect, anyone who ever worked with him loved him on a personal level. I'm certain hes really a very sweet guy.

Horrible president that you voted for over here in PWI.

Bush could have been so good... but he wasn't. And I STILL miss the guy! lol. He'd be awesome to have a beer with to talk shit about them terrorists.

Explain to me all this untapped potential you saw in Bush.

I liked Bush too, in spite of his speaking problems.
I suspect history will prove that he was a better president than most people think now.

You've only seen his mistakes because the main stream liberal media played those mistakes relentlessly. What about Joe Biden? We've seen many of his, but for some reason the media sort of lets those slide, no fanfare. And I'd be willing to bet that Obama makes them every day but you'll never hear about.

I heard plenty of Biden gaffes on NPR. But Biden isn't president, and is usually a fine public speaker when hes not gaffing. He did fine in the vice-presidential debate vs. Palin for example.

Yeah he did do a good job in the debate I agree. But then again Bush beat both Gore and Kerry in many or most of their debates and he was also gaffe-less. But that didn't matter to the MSLM. They lie in weight and pounce at the slightest mistake. And then they publicized those mistakes regularly.

But it didn't begin with Bush. According to the MSLM just about every republican President as far back as Eisenhower was stupid. And every democrat was intelligent. It's a game that's played with absolutely no let up in sight. At this point I think most of the voters are wise to it.

I think his presidency was significantly hampered by those around him, mainly Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz. And no, I'm not going to debate that here, since who really gives a fuck, it was years ago.

Um hello, Biden has not been President, thus he will not be held responsible for where the country heads. Bush, on the other hand... Also - Obama has had plenty of gaffes, just go around on youtube and there's plenty of channels/media outlets that showed them. Lastly, Obama probably DOESN'T make these mistakes every day because well, he's a better speaker. But I don't really care, either - they are all human, Bush, Obama, Palin, Biden... they all say stupid shit from time to time. Who gives a fuck. I care more about their policies.

Lastly, forgot to put this, don't want to wait for my post to show up, it's obvious there is a mainstream liberal media, but you play that card way too much, and use it in almost every one of your posts. STFU already.

Mainstream liberal media this, mainstream liberal media that, cry

Bush may not have been the best speaker, but Obama's "Doctors chop the feet off of diabetes patients to make a profit" comment surpasses any blunder Bush ever made.

For the record I don't see any difference between Bush and Obama, I would have a drink with both of them. They are probably cool people, I just don't want them "leading" the country.

"All I'm saying is let's take the example of something like diabetes, one of --- a disease that's skyrocketing, partly because of obesity, partly because it's not treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family -- if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they're taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance.

But if that same diabetic ends up getting their foot amputated, that's $30,000, $40,000, $50,000 -- immediately the surgeon is reimbursed. Well, why not make sure that we're also reimbursing the care that prevents the amputation, right? That will save us money."

I believe POTUS is talking about the incentive structure of our health care system. Pretty much the bedrock of economics.

Not a gaffe.

So he is saying the incentive structure is made so that doctors go to chopping off foots, for profit. Also they are not immediately reimbursed, paper work is paper work, more then likely they are going to push through the big money items first, but they don't get immediately reimbursed.

In fact after that little gaffe he never once mentioned the mean old doctors taking away peoples feet for profit again.

We can also go into all the examples(lies) that he told about the mean old insurance companies that let people die but then where found out that those people he was referencing actually lived.

But nah, Bush messing up some words is way worse.

Ok, I take it back. Pretty drunk. May indeed have been a bit of a gaffe. Now that I think about it he was probably intending to speak to the cost efficacy of preventative medicine. I don't know.

Hello, and I wish you were more a student of history then you wouldn't have written such an inane post. Your implication is ridiculous on its face. Vice Presidents get picked on regarding their blunders all the time. That is if they're republican. Do you remember a VP named Dan Quayle? No of course you don't. Well do some reading junior, do some reading.

And that is precisely my point, thanks for making it. If Obama were held to the same standard as Bush relative to gaffes you wouldn't have to go digging up information on the Internet. All of his mistakes would be recalled by late night comedians and also on our daily news shows.

Is he really? Are you aware that Obama rarely speaks without a teleprompter? And as far as knowing how many gaffes he makes, you only know what the MSLM wants you to know.

I use it because it is the reality. When 85% of all news comes from liberals it tends to taint what we see, hear and read. Now run along sparky and have a nice day.

Bush was funny. Some of his malapropisms were hilarious, and the shoe incident is a classic.
My sis and I have been over this one a ton of times. She insists he is a window licker and I concede that he made some funny mistakes, but played them well. Some of the interplay in his Rose Garden press conferences was very good. His rapport with the press core was great some times.