Bush Admin Word Change

Well, they are no longer going to use the mantra “stay the course” apparently.

Pretty soon we’ll all forget they ever said that and then the next thing you know, when it is finally time to draw down or redeploy, the phrase “cut and run” will no longer be part of their mantra either.

Funny how that works. You know, I wish politics didn’t require so much by way of retarded word games. So much disinformation is actually harmful for the nation. It’s really too bad.

[quote]vroom wrote:

So much disinformation is actually harmful for the nation. It’s really too bad.[/quote]

That depends on what “is” means.

Well if they can redefine “winning” to mean “getting our asses kicked by the natives using low-tech weaponry”, they’ll be able to declare having “won” and come back.

Many of them, anyway.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan is also going to Hell in a handbasket.

No wonder Iran and North Korea are feeling swell. The US can topple a regime with little problem, but the aftermath leaves the place worse off than before.

Yup, Bush and Rumsfeld: Using the world’s greatest Armed Forces to fail repeatedly. Billions of dollars and thousands of lives wasted in vain. Good job, morons.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
That depends on what “is” means.[/quote]

Hack, I can trust a retard like you to blame Clinton whenever possible, right? I mean, that has so much to do with the active misinformation and word games going on, doesn’t it.

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not so much trying to attack Bush as talk about the state of politics in the US. Do you think all this misinformation, basically lying to and misleading the public, is appropriate?

It doesn’t matter which moron politician or party is doing it, it’s bad for the country. Wake the fuck up and take your blinders off.

Demand some honesty, integrity and responsibility from your politicians and your party. I can’t believe how many times some chump recently has said “I take responsibility” or “I take full responsibility” when in fact they take no responsibility.

Saying you take responsibility is not the same as actually taking responsibility. What a bunch of sackless lying retards. Demand more of these guys or you’ll have to be content to watch them slowly run your country into the fucking ground.

When the mantra in washington (not getting party specific) is “corruption is job 1”, it’s only a matter of time.

The whole beauty of the system is or was the “of the people for the people” part. Now it’s “of the mislead for politicians and lobbyists”. It’s a crock of shit.

Not that I have any feelings on the matter…

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
That depends on what “is” means.

Hack, I can trust a retard like you to blame Clinton whenever possible, right? I mean, that has so much to do with the active misinformation and word games going on, doesn’t it.

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not so much trying to attack Bush as talk about the state of politics in the US. Do you think all this misinformation, basically lying to and misleading the public, is appropriate?

It doesn’t matter which moron politician or party is doing it, it’s bad for the country. Wake the fuck up and take your blinders off.

Demand some honesty, integrity and responsibility from your politicians and your party. I can’t believe how many times some chump recently has said “I take responsibility” or “I take full responsibility” when in fact they take no responsibility.

Saying you take responsibility is not the same as actually taking responsibility. What a bunch of sackless lying retards. Demand more of these guys or you’ll have to be content to watch them slowly run your country into the fucking ground.

When the mantra in washington (not getting party specific) is “corruption is job 1”, it’s only a matter of time.

The whole beauty of the system is or was the “of the people for the people” part. Now it’s “of the mislead for politicians and lobbyists”. It’s a crock of shit.

Not that I have any feelings on the matter…[/quote]

Uh. Okay.

It was just a joke.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Well, they are no longer going to use the mantra “stay the course” apparently.

[/quote]
No, now they are going to use another phrase that means the same thing.

But in all honesty, I never understood that phrase to be taken litteraly.

To me “stay the course” meant, “we ain’t leavin’ any time soon.”

What is to be expected from an administration that has only ever used rhetoric to define its terms?

We declared victory in Iraq three weeks after the invasion…?

They replaced it with: getting the job done. Whatever that means.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
They replaced it with: getting the job done. Whatever that means.[/quote]

Hmmm. I think it means as long as they can practice CYA the job is getting done.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

[/quote]
Do you mean “gedder done”? Try saying it with a moronic Southern accent.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

[/quote]

Cool. What’s next out or your trap, “fly over America.”

Let’s insult an entire group of people “Southerners” because they think you are full of it. Great idea!!! Keep it up dems.

JeffR

[quote]pookie wrote:
Well if they can redefine “winning” to mean “getting our asses kicked by the natives using low-tech weaponry”, they’ll be able to declare having “won” and come back.

Many of them, anyway.

No wonder Iran and North Korea are feeling swell. The US can topple a regime with little problem, but the aftermath leaves the place worse off than before.

Yup, Bush and Rumsfeld: Using the world’s greatest Armed Forces to fail repeatedly. Billions of dollars and thousands of lives wasted in vain. Good job, morons.
[/quote]

pookie, let’s get you on record here. Would it have been better if saddam was still in power?

Make sure yes and no are clearly elucidated.

Secondly, I think north korea isn’t feeling “swell” at all. Bush has been consistent with them since before Iraq was invaded. He’s played this one right!!! I support him 100%. It has to be China or it isn’t going to work.

Oh, see bill clinton’s approach.

Third, iran shows the inherent hot air in many of the europeans. Remember all the fuss about “unilateralism?”

Bush is going nearly totally multilateral with iran. How’s that working out?

Be careful as you respond as I set a trap for you on the last point.

You’re welcome for the warning.

JeffR

Wreckless wrote:

[/quote]

It is “git er’ done” and there is no such thing as a moronic Southern accent you POS!

All ass backward countries are ruled better by a benevolent dictator that cooperates with America on some level.

We should support and over throw when and if they stop cooperating with us but nation building is out of the question.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Let’s insult an entire group of people “Southerners” because they think you are full of it. Great idea!!! Keep it up dems.

JeffR

[/quote]
Well come on…they insult themselves.

Anyway, I am not isulting the. I am insulting the way they seem to not be able to speak English. They yell and complain about Engligsh being the national language and that subjects shouldnt be taught in Spanish (to non-English speaking students) yet they themselves do not speak proper English. Probably because they vote other idiot southerners into office that kill education funding.

Then I hear such idiotic phrases as, “Gedder done,” and it makes me want to puke. Oh, the irony…

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
It is “git er’ done” and there is no such thing as a moronic Southern accent you POS!

[/quote]
Whatever mis-spelling you prefer to use…I don’t care. You understood the meaning.

And, yes all southern accents are moronic. I am entitled to say this becasue I had one. It is thru sheer determination of will not sound like an idiot that I have overcome it.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

Cool. What’s next out or your trap, “fly over America.”

JeffR

[/quote]

Ooooh, I love it when you pretend to be politically correct.

Marmadogg wrote:

Whatever mis-spelling you prefer to use…I don’t care. You understood the meaning.

And, yes all southern accents are moronic. I am entitled to say this becasue I had one. It is thru sheer determination of will not sound like an idiot that I have overcome it.[/quote]

Funny that you mention mis-spelling. It’s moranic you moran.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
pookie, let’s get you on record here. Would it have been better if saddam was still in power?[/quote]

How can we know? We can’t compare today’s superb clusterfuck with what could’ve been with Saddam left in place and contained as he had been since Gulf War 1.

What would undoubtedly have been better, would’ve been to go in there with more than a 3 weeks “toppling” plan. A little thinking ahead on how the rebuilding part would be handled. You know, pretend like actual humans would be involved and try to show a little respect.

It would’ve been better to get rid of that shit-fer-brains Rumsfeld and replace him with someone with enough sense to listen to his generals when they were telling him about the required troop numbers to do the jobs properly. And then make sure to have the right number of troops; either through additional recruitment or by building a real coalitiom. Which brings us to…

It would’ve been better to be able to get the support from the international community, instead of going at it alone. It worked well in 1991, no? 20 nations, most with actual armies (unlike your current “Coalition of the Sycophants”), Japan picking up a large part of the tab, etc.

That would’ve been better.

As for leaving Saddam in place, well Kim Jong Il was left in place, no? I guess Bush & Co thought that to be “better” than to go and topple him, right? He’s shooting missiles over Japan and detonating atomic bombs in his back yard. Ain’t that the best?

It’s not that simple. And I’m already familiar with your dimwit technique of repeating stuff like “Irish: I prefer Saddam” while leaving out the rest of the context.

Clowns will be clowns, right?

Let’s hope Japan doesn’t get nuked by NK. I’d like to see you repeat how right Bush played it then.

Is there something you’d like to blame him for? NK’s nukes have got to be his fault, right?

Look at Iraq. See how well that unilateralism is working now. What the Hell was all the fuss about?

Yeah, because he’s got no choice. You’re streched too thin already; Iran knows it and is taking full advantage of the situation.

If you want to attack multilateralism, why don’t you take Gulf War 1 as an example? Hell, take Kosovo. Afghanistan and Iraq aren’t valid examples, because you pulled out of the first one before the job was done to take on Iraq by yourself. And it turns out to be too much for you to handle.

Jeffro, the trap-setting clown. Doesn’t quite work, does it. Keep dancing and telling those great fantasy stories of yours; that’s how we like you.

[quote]You’re welcome for the warning.

JeffRo[/quote]

T-Nation’s spellchecker flags “JeffR” as a spelling mistake. When I click for a suggestion, it says “Ignore”.

That’s the best suggestion a spell checker has ever given me.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
They replaced it with: getting the job done. Whatever that means.[/quote]

It means it’s time for a US regime change. After 8 years of bungling every issue, it’s time for the mop up crew to come in and repair the damages.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
pookie wrote:

Many of them, anyway.

pookie, let’s get you on record here. Would it have been better if saddam was still in power?

Make sure yes and no are clearly elucidated.

Secondly, I think north korea isn’t feeling “swell” at all. Bush has been consistent with them since before Iraq was invaded. He’s played this one right!!! I support him 100%. It has to be China or it isn’t going to work.

Oh, see bill clinton’s approach.

Third, iran shows the inherent hot air in many of the europeans. Remember all the fuss about “unilateralism?”

Bush is going nearly totally multilateral with iran. How’s that working out?

Be careful as you respond as I set a trap for you on the last point.

You’re welcome for the warning.

JeffR

[/quote]

Yes, we would be better off if Saddam were still in power. We be even better off if George Bush weren’t.

Mulitlateral with Iran? Who cares?! Iran isn’t a threat to us–nor will it ever be. Individuals within their country fund terrorist groups–what does that have to do with their gov’t wanting nuclear power–or even nuclear weapons? I don’t blame them everyone else around them has them. We’d be better off towing the line and trying to reach a diplomatic understanding with them. It’s probably too late, though, as we’ve already stepped on too many toes.