Bursitus in Shoulder, What Exercises to Use?

I have bursitis in my shoulder and any pushing overhead type exercise as well as dips bothers it. Since as long as it is being aggravated, it won’t heal so I need stay away from those exercises. Any ideas for exercises I can do so my shoulders and chest don’t lag behind the rest of my body?

I’ve had that problem before…honestly man, make healing your shoulder your number 1 priority instead of worrying about muscles lagging behine. If it never heals you can never train and that path leads no where.

Get it taken care of and then start doing what BBB recommended. lol

DG

I agree with DG.
Once it’s healed, make sure to add in face pulls and the broomstick-stretch/“dislocations”.

I am 9 months recovered from a bad bursitis/cuff injury on my shoulder. I don’t press anything over my head anymore for less than 10 reps. I use the hammer strength shoulder machine or side raises a lot. Benching to your chest with heavy weights & wide grip puts a lot of strain on the cuff and anterior delt. I now bench with 1board or 2boards, changing from narrow to medium grip every other workout. Wide grip benches are brutal on your shoulders.

Also, before you bench, warm up & strengthen your cuffs with a “shoulder horn” movement from a low pulley with 15 - 25 lbs for 15 - 20 reps per arm. Hold your elbow out to the side with arm bent at 90 degrees, with elbow and hand at shoulder height. Pull the pulley up and back with your hand. This will help your shoulder bursitis enormously. Once your shoulders heal up, you can do militarys again, but I would say only for reps of 10+.

The broomstick definitely works great. I did that for two weeks straight right after I got the bursitis and it helped big time.

[quote]Salmonator wrote:
The broomstick definitely works great. I did that for two weeks straight right after I got the bursitis and it helped big time.[/quote]

Keep doing it :wink:

Ok, thanks for the help.

[quote]Salmonator wrote:
The broomstick definitely works great. I did that for two weeks straight right after I got the bursitis and it helped big time.[/quote]

Agreed. The single best thing I ever did for my nagging shoulders. However I don’t think I had bursitis so I can’t speak to how well they would work for that particular condition.

Between those and the joint supps my shoulders, especially the right which was worse, have gotten about 60-70% better