Burnur Log 2020 goals

Sup. In general, yes. Sometimes it’s not obvious in the moment when doing 5’s pro with no real mystery as to how many reps I will do and whether they will be complete-able. The good thing is I have logged on my own before this cycle and can see that I have when I zoom out just a bit.

I’ll be doing PR sets again soon enough, those have been an adventure for me in the past walking the line between “being a baby” and “being a moron”

My greetings.
Training day 9.

Warmup. Mob. Jumps.

Trap bar DL.
Prep sets, then 5@185, 5@210, 5@235.
SS with band pull-aparts (or is it pulls-apart?), wasnt really counting reps on these.
These felt pretty easy. My best PR is 6@235 and I’ve never tried more than 245 (which was only a single and was right before the 6). So I am hopefully primed for some nice rep PRs when I do PR sets again.

Incline press.
Prep sets, then 5@65, 5@70, 5@80.
These felt as good as they ever have. Not sure if it’s related but I also realized today that in my “infinite wisdom” I had been carefully lining up the bar an inch or two to the right, instead of actual center. I think because my right eye works great and my left eye does not. Anyway today I aligned the middle of the bar to the middle of myself. Cant hurt right?

Assistance.
DB rows. 23 each arm, 13 each arm, 10+4 each arm. I was looking for 50 total, sets weren’t to complete failure but were when I could sense form would go pretty soon.

SS.
Rear foot elevated split squat. 15 each leg, 12 each leg, 12 each leg. I haven’t done these many times but my right leg is not on level of left leg, so maybe I should.
Plate raises. 12, 12, 12.

Eating is going good. Meal prep is the real mvp. And I found out I can get a rotisserie chicken for 5 dollars from the grocery near work so that makes it even easier.

Under normal circumstances I would have had a lift today, but pretty sudden illness-death in family. Disheartened and to top it off I spent many long hours driving a small car so my back is pretty stiff. Will go either tomorrow or Sunday depending what I feel like.

Back felt better after laying out yesterday evening and sleeping in own bed, on to training day 10.

OHP. Prep sets then 5@65 5@70 5@80.
Squat. Prep sets then 5@115 5@130 5@145.

Assistance. 5x10 of
Cable rows
Plate raises
Back raises.

Nothing about this session was noteworthy, besides that it happened.

Have a great weekend.

1 Like

These are the workouts that builds the strength and muscles.
Good job.

1 Like

Training day 11. Supp on trap bar sl, incline.

Warmup, mob, jumps

Incline. 5x5@SSL
Practice sets, then 5x5@70.

Did dumbbell rows after. A practice set, then 25@30, 20@30, 10@30 each arm.

Trap bar DL. 5x5@FSL.
Practice sets, then 5x5@185.
SS these with 50 pushups (and a brief hang).

Lunges. 50 each leg.
I tried reverse lunge using the slider thing on back foot. For whatever reason these hit me hard. It felt kind of hard but normal on my legs but I did 10 each leg, 9 each leg, 8, 7 then got a migraine.

Maybe I should have just stopped but I switched to walking lunges (which I’m more accustomed to) to end up at 50 per leg.

I spent all afternoon yesterday cooking a special meal for my wife and me, this also provided space for me to prep a ton of food for myself for the week. This is rice, beans, broccoli, chicken which is pretty typical, also special guests mushrooms and eggs. Mixed together.

Eating is going pretty well, gaining weight slowly but surely. I weigh myself every morning after bathroom if I’m at home. It fluctuates a bit day to day but I’ve been 176+ every AM for like a week, even over 178 one day which has never happened before. Also one of my neighbors asked me yesterday if I had been working out, which is kind of funny but hey it’s something.

Glad to hear the weight is progressing steadily. Mine is weird; a week ago I was 150.8lbs, 4 days ago I was 154lbs and today I was 151.8lbs.

Reverse lunges are good; always fry my glutes after and I find less stress on the knees.

Haha yeah I pretty much tell myself I cant gain or lose several sustainable pounds in a day or two under normal habits, though I am very “regular” lately so that might make it more consistent.

Like a month ago I saw 176’s probably once or twice but usually 172s and 173s, now I am seeing 176s regularly so keep going in the same way

Training day 12?

I have been feeling pretty run down since Monda. But wanted to go to the gym anyway today because I probably wont be able to go again until maybe Saturday, and last day of cycle.

Fail.

I was supposed to do 5x5@fsl on ohp. Which I did. And 5x5@ssl on squat. Damn near failed the first set, then some nausea and dizziness, just went home.

Displeased with this but I really think this was a one off. I’m going to lay low until the weekend, easy conditioning, and repeat (or actually, complete for the first time) training day 12 on Saturday as if none of this had happened.

As if none of what had happened?..

1 Like

Well my friend this is what happens from time to time. Maybe you’ve been a little sick, slept bad, had a lot of stress, eating badly, been busy all kind of shit can throw a workout.

And doing it again saturday might be a good option. I’m sure you’ll get it.

1 Like

Training day 12.

Warmup. Mob. Jumps.

OHP. 5x5@FSL.
10@45, 5@55, 5x5@65
Felt: ~40%ile

Squat. 5x5@SSL.
Practice sets, then 5x5@130.
Felt: ~90%ile. Everything Wednesday was not, today was

Assistance.
SS.
Body saw (sliders) 3x10.
Pushdowns 17,17,16
SS.
Bw hamstring curls 3x10
Band pulls apart 3x20.

New cycle
Tm
OHP 90 (+5)
Trap bar dl 255 (+10)
Incline 90 (+5)
Squat 165 (+10)

Same deal, full body 5s pro. Gonna do some pr sets after.

1 Like

Training day 1

Warmup mob jumps.

Incline main work.
5@65, 5@70, 5@75.
Trap bar DL main work.
5@165, 5@195, 5@215.
These felt a little off but ok, maybe because I hadn’t done them for a while.

Assistance
50 reps for
Plate raises
Db rows (l,r)
Sliding lunge (l,r)

1 Like

Training day 2. I wanted this yesterday but have been very busy outside of work lately. Usually I would work out during mid workday but that hasnt been possible most of this week. Looking to normalize again soon.

Warmup. Mob. Jumps.

OHP. Practice sets then 5@60, 5@70, 5@75.

Squat. Practice sets then 5@105, 5@115, 5@135.

Assistance.
Back raises. Pretty slow with BW. 12, 12, 12, 14. Mildly strained knee which I think locked out and slightly overextended. I think it will be good as new in a day or two.

SS. Db rows with pushups. 5 times for 50 reps.

Hey @burnur, came to check out your log. Looks like you’re moving right along here. Isn’t it funny how life throws curve balls and screws with your plans all the time? Just have to keep pushing through and put in the work though.

Yep. Just doing stuff that’s good for my goals, and not doing stuff that’s bad, where I can.

Still been pretty busy, but managed to get most of training as planned. Also was able to fit in more food prep.

Yesterday was training day 3.

Warmup mob jumps.
Incline press. Practice sets then 5x5@70(SSL).
Did lots of band pulls apart in between.
Trap bar DL. Practice sets then 5x5@165(FSL).
SS’d with 1H KB press.

Apologies to myself for skipping single leg/core

1 Like

Yesterday was training day 4.

OHP. FSL 5x5.
Practice sets, 5x5@60.

Squat. SSL 5x5.
It became apparent that knee tweaked last week isn’t ready for squatting as normal yet. Very tight around 90 degrees, graduating to pain after practice sets. I decided to stop after the first two sets as it seemed to be getting worse.

Assistance.
Cable rows 5x10
KB press 5x10 per arm.

Today I did elliptical for half an hour (easy conditioning).

Knee still feels tight if I bend it far but I did some BW split squats (no deficit/elevation, just on flat floor) with vertical shin where I didnt get past around 90 deg, without any pain.

Going forward for the next week or two I was thinking to replace my usual squat with something with a bit less knee bend (maybe to a box, or with a landmine, or something) if my knee again doesnt feel ready to go as I warm up.

I’ve also heard about people doing ham curls before they squat for their knees, but I don’t really understand how that works or if it’s a good idea.