Burnt My Brain Out?

I did a heap of eccentric training over the last two weeks and it seems I have just gotten weaker and weaker :S
My mate told me that I have over-used my nerve system and my brain needs recovery. Is there any specific ‘brain foods’ or recovery methods after having done something like this?

Eg training:
10x2 eccentric one-arm pull ups
12x2 eccentric hip-flexor raises

• eccentric hand-gripping
    on top of my normal Rippetoes program
    I’m surprised this would burn me out, but as a beginner I guess it would effect me a lot more.

I don’t feel I want to go the the gym today, and I kind of feel like I’m dependent on coffee. I have had enough sleep, but my good fats intake count is a bit low because I haven’t been eating right the last few days. My carbs and protein intake are normal. So other than that I cant think more what to say.

What to do, other than stop doing eccentrics and go back to my normal program? How long will this brain-rape last?

Maybe your guy’s wrong and you just need to recover?

Lets see. You added additional work on top of your program, and saw loss of strength.

I really think the answer, despite you not wanting to hear it, is to stop doing the additional work. It’s hurting, not helping. :slight_smile:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Lets see. You added additional work on top of your program, and saw loss of strength.

I really think the answer, despite you not wanting to hear it, is to stop doing the additional work. It’s hurting, not helping. :)[/quote]

Agreed. Do the program as written, and spend that extra energy in the kitchen dialing in your diet. You admitted that’s your weak spot, so fix it. Simple.

-Sab