T Nation

Burning Out The Nervous System?

What do you guys think is the quickest way to burn out your CNS? I was thinking full out sprints would be a good possibility.
And is it possible to burn out in one day if you trained many times during that day?Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You.

I imagine the quickest way to “burn out” your CNS would involve a 5 gallon can of gasoline and a lit match.

All joking aside, the quickest way to burn out the CNS would be to repeatedly tax your system with maximal exertions while on a number of stimulants and being cheered on by a large number of people. A lot of people forget that fatigue is not just a product of work done, but is also a product of the level of arousal at the time said work was completed.

Why do you ask, by the way?

Finals

Heavy hard work to often, lots of maximal work, then hours of submaximal work as well, inadequate nutrition, very little rest, lots of volume, life stress coupled with it,

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Heavy hard work to often, lots of maximal work, then hours of submaximal work as well, inadequate nutrition, very little rest, lots of volume, life stress coupled with it,

Phill[/quote]

Is all too often the equivalent to:

[quote]Otep wrote:
Finals[/quote]

3x8 in the DL with as much weight as you can handle always did it for me.

Get Married.

[quote]dbutkus wrote:
3x8 in the DL with as much weight as you can handle always did it for me.[/quote]

Ditto. If you really want to feel the effects of a burnt out CNS, DL 3 days in a row.

thanks guys.I asked because of work I would only have one day off a week to train.Thanks for the info.

[quote]Peter1984 wrote:
thanks guys.I asked because of work I would only have one day off a week to train.Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Not smart at all…