Burning a Letterbox DVD

I’m trying to burn a DVD in letterbox form from an AVI file but it keeps turning out in regular form.

Can someone recommend a program that will let me take files that are in letterbox and burn them that way as a DVD?

Letter box(widescreen) IS the original. If the DVD comes with widescreen that means that the original proportion is widescreen, not full TV screen. When you switch to full screen size it zooms in the 16:9 video to fill the 4:3 frame. The black letterbox borders on top and bottom of the wide screen are merely blank spaces, they are not part of the video and you surely do NOT need to burn them in order to see them.

Keeping this in mind there shouldn’t be any trouble for you to figure it out.

[quote]Majin wrote:
Letter box(widescreen) IS the original. If the DVD comes with widescreen that means that the original proportion is widescreen, not full TV screen. When you switch to full screen size it zooms in the 16:9 video to fill the 4:3 frame. The black letterbox borders on top and bottom of the wide screen are merely blank spaces, they are not part of the video and you surely do NOT need to burn them in order to see them.

Keeping this in mind there shouldn’t be any trouble for you to figure it out.[/quote]

I don’t think you understand what I’m asking. I’m not trying to copy a dvd.
I’m trying to burn an AVI file that is in letterbox as a letterbox DVD. Every program I try burns it in 4:3 and it looks like crap–tall, skinny crap. It needs to be in letterbox to keep the proportions.

Sorry…

Use transcode to split the audio and video. Use the asr3 code for widescreen. Then you can pretty much use any soft, usually Mplex.

Thanks. I don’t know what any of that means, but at least it’s a good start on stuff to google.