Burned Down My Building

Well… not really.

But I did do something really stupid. I went to bed with a roasting pan of chicken leg quarters in the oven at 350 degrees. They’d been in there since about 9:30 or so and I just took them out at quarter till 2am, when I awoke from a dream and wondered why my bedroom smelled like deliscious chicken.

Now, here’s the funny thing. I don’t really know what lesson to take away from this because I seem to be rewarded with the most succulent, fall-off-the-bone tender and flavorful chicken I’ve ever had in my life. Now, my roammates roasting pan is a little covered in cooked on chicken funk, but it’s soaking in the sink, so no harm done.

Is this one of those good things that happens to bad people?

Please expound.

-Conor

Were they covered? 'Cause if I cooked chicken uncovered at 350 for that long, I’d have hockey pucks. Now if they were covered, way to go on slow-cooking yourself some chicken. I do that often-- on the grill, in the Crock-Pot, in a pot on the stove.

I sure as hell hope you ate a few of 'em for a little serendipitous night feeding…

Damn, I thought this would be a funny story like a 15 year old burning down his apartment block down because he was lighting napkins unders his dining room table…

Enjoy the chicken.

[quote]conorh wrote:
Well… not really.

But I did do something really stupid. I went to bed with a roasting pan of chicken leg quarters in the oven at 350 degrees. They’d been in there since about 9:30 or so and I just took them out at quarter till 2am, when I awoke from a dream and wondered why my bedroom smelled like deliscious chicken.

Now, here’s the funny thing. I don’t really know what lesson to take away from this because I seem to be rewarded with the most succulent, fall-off-the-bone tender and flavorful chicken I’ve ever had in my life. Now, my roammates roasting pan is a little covered in cooked on chicken funk, but it’s soaking in the sink, so no harm done.

Is this one of those good things that happens to bad people?

Please expound.

-Conor

[/quote]

Can’t say I have any experience with that…but it sounds delicious.

have you ever gotten too high when watching someones kid and left the baby in the oven? they come out tender also