Burn The Fat - Book

Has anyone ordered the book by Tom Venuto - Burn The Fat, Feed the Muscle? If so, what do you think about it? If you’ve tried his “method,” what kind of success have you had? Thanks, TenMan

bump

anyone?

I’d be interested to see what others here have to say about Tom and his book.

It is said to be very good.

Basically it’s a system of carb cycling. About 3 days low carb, 1 day high carbs.

It goes into detail on how to optimize the results depending on the bodytype, bf%, etc…

It’s pretty complete from what I heard.

Great info in this book. Check out his site. He really knows what he is talking about.

I have this book too. It is well written with a no BS style. He lays out the concepts of nutrition, goal setting, training etc in an easy to read manner. This was what I purchased about 3 months ago and have read this book several times already. Its huge with a ton of information. 340 pages.

If you are just starting out and are getting confused with nutrition, fat loss, training etc, it is well worth it IMO.

If you are more advanced and have kept up-to-date with articles here on T-Nation I don’t know how much more this book is going to give you.

Overall it is an excellent book and worth the price.

-Dave

[quote]iluminatae wrote:
I have this book too. It is well written with a no BS style…it is well worth it IMO.

…If you are more advanced and have kept up-to-date with articles here on T-Nation I don’t know how much more this book is going to give you.

Overall it is an excellent book and worth the price.

-Dave[/quote]

Dave is ABSOLUTELY correct on all accounts. I have this e-Book, and although very well written, most of that information is available on this website.

Although, there is an advantage to reading this book cover-to-cover, it brings most of the nutritional information all under one place in a very organized fashion.

The book is mostly nutritional, with advice on exercise, measuring progress, and a smaller amount of info on lifting.

I was first shown Body-for-life, but I knew there was more to it than a simple formula; eat this, do that.

Burn-the-fat is more about learning how your body reacts to certain stimuli: nutrition, lifting, aerobics, etc…and measuring results, and reacting to your findings (sounds like 6th Sigma, if you are familiar to this business method of analysis)

Most of the guys who follow this website may not need it, but if you are knew to all of this, it’s a eye opener to everything you read here.

Totally agree with chez on this one. If you’re new to this, pick it up, it’s straight to the point about most of the important stuff.

The only thing it goes over in some detail, which I don’t see a whole lot of on this sight is the goal-setting and how to use your mind to its fullest potential. His webisite is great too.