T Nation

Burn Baby Burn: Clen + T4

What’s going on guys. Seems like there’s not much information on running clen with t4.

I’ve been running clen 2on 2off. I’m currently on my second 2on phase. For the whole time I was running T4 along side with it, so about a month. I just stopped the T4 because I wasn’t sure how long I can stay on it for, but was planning on continuing using it until I was done running the Clen cycles.

Here’s the dosing:

Clen was started @ 60mcg and was tapered up
T4 was started @ 100mcg and pretty much held it at that for most of the time then tapered up to 150mcg

Yesterday’s clen dose was 120mcg, today I upped it to 140mcg

My questions are:

How long can I run the T4 for without causing thyroidal issues? I’ve read some places that you can run it for an extended period of time as long as the dose is <200mcg ED. True?

How many 2on phases can I do as long I take the 2off? I’m thinking up until I can’t feel anything, in that case, what’s the dose to stay below where the risk:benefit ratio is not compromised?

Thanks guys, again I’m not being able to find solid information on this.

Oh and btw, people that aren’t familiar with these compounds please refrain from giving inaccurate information.

Wrong site-- or at least wrong topic. And why would take something like T4 and screw with your thyroid and not know how to properly take it? Good luck.

I’ve read doctors say (maybe based on studies?) that even long term thyroid hormone use does not appear to shut down endogenous thyroid production once it is tapered down and discontinued. You are probably ok using it for long term, but have to way your risks.

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Wrong site-- or at least wrong topic. And why would take something like T4 and screw with your thyroid and not know how to properly take it? Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks TNPD. Now that you’ve posted a quality post in this thread, you can now celebrate +1 to your post count.

Before attempting to just write non-sense to increase your post count, try to at least share something that might be of benefit (e.g, like pointing the OP to the right section); even if you’re not knowledgeable on the subject at hand.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I’ve read doctors say (maybe based on studies?) that even long term thyroid hormone use does not appear to shut down endogenous thyroid production once it is tapered down and discontinued. You are probably ok using it for long term, but have to way your risks.[/quote]

Thanks for your input. It’s only a total of 60ml, about 30ml left. Contemplating on just running it till it’s dry. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn’t cause damage.

Can anyone else confirm the above quoted post?

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
Wrong site-- or at least wrong topic. And why would take something like T4 and screw with your thyroid and not know how to properly take it? Good luck.[/quote]

This is a BBing site if talking about drugs is Wrong then this site is wrong. He did however post it in the wrong sub-forum.

Heh, the layout takes a little getting used to. I believe most all other forums use the same exact layout, just different colors lol.

I just ran into this additional information, I figured I’d put it here for people who see this thread later on.

"Tricky ways of usage

Human body produces 90-110 mcg of l-thyroxine daily. For fat-burn it does not make sense to take just replacement dosages because your thyroid simply decreases production in response and you?ll come to what you started with ? the same T3/T4 levels in your body. Thus you have to consume dosages, which are higher than natural. But it?s possible to cheat the gland. If you take 12-25 mcg once every three days it will not affect endogenous T4 production thus making aggregated level higher (!)

I.e. in order to encourage metabolism, optimal dosage is not replacement dosage, but a dosage, which can increase general hormone levels without affecting endogenous thyroid production! Replacement dosage may help only to the people with low thyroid production, but why take more risking toxic effects while you can use much lower dosages?

For instance, normal production is 100 mcg/daily. Patient has 80 mcg/ daily. If he takes 100 mcg / daily he?ll get back to normal, but natural thyroid production will be shut down. However, if he does 25mcg every three days, his body will still produce this very same 80 mcg thus making around 90 mcg in total. Got the idea? Anyway you should discuss this with your GP. For bodybuilding you can use the same scheme ? either toy with high dosages or make just minor ?tuning? with 25 mcg every three days.

This is safe way of usage, but, of course, effect is incomparable to 150-300 mcg/day. It?s advisable only for relatively small fat-burn."