BunnyQuest s6/ b4/ dl7/ Raw

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Here’s a question for you … why bunny? No offense but when I look at you I don’t think bunny rabbits.[/quote]

Really? What do you think of then? lol!
Bunny was a nickname my Grandmother/ Grandfather gave me when I was very little. Grandad said that I was always hopping around (hyper) and running through the bush and fields (on the farm). He also said if I wasn’t eatin’ I was poopin’ and if I wasn’t poopin’ I was eatin’… much like a rabbit… hence the nickname… and it stuck (close friends and family). Wasn’t too bad when I was a kid… and believe it or not I used to be actually kinda cute… in a homely way. :slight_smile:

Then, a couple of years ago I had some guys from work help me move some stuff over at my grandma’s house… and she callled me Bunny in front of them. Well… you know where it goes from there… interesting to see heads turn in a bar, buncha guys having a beer… then one of them yells across the bar… “Hey Bunny! Grab me another brew will ya”! I get a few strange looks.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
I still need water samples from the house you grew up in…
I want to see i I drink it will I get taller.

I am feeling a little bit tiny after reading this log and seeing the videos’

I heard bunny is canadian for sasquatch.

kmc[/quote]

Lol KMcnYc!.. I grew up in a cave, my only friends were a Moose and a Squirrel named Rocky. My parents tied a porkchop around my neck so the other forest animals would play with me. My date for the prom was a wolverine… had a good time, but ever since I have a penchant for rough sex!

I am actually the first person in my family to walk upright…

that might explain your deadlift prowess…

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Here’s a question for you … why bunny? No offense but when I look at you I don’t think bunny rabbits.

Really? What do you think of then? lol!
Bunny was a nickname my Grandmother/ Grandfather gave me when I was very little. Grandad said that I was always hopping around (hyper) and running through the bush and fields (on the farm). He also said if I wasn’t eatin’ I was poopin’ and if I wasn’t poopin’ I was eatin’… much like a rabbit… hence the nickname… and it stuck (close friends and family). Wasn’t too bad when I was a kid… and believe it or not I used to be actually kinda cute… in a homely way. :slight_smile:

Then, a couple of years ago I had some guys from work help me move some stuff over at my grandma’s house… and she callled me Bunny in front of them. Well… you know where it goes from there… interesting to see heads turn in a bar, buncha guys having a beer… then one of them yells across the bar… “Hey Bunny! Grab me another brew will ya”! I get a few strange looks.

[/quote]

I have a similar nickname amongst a group of friends: Peaches. It started with ‘Pete just left’ and ‘Pete just called’. Say it out loud.

BTW Bunny, I will race you to the 700lb dl.

Once we both hit the 700lb dl, we should both hire Jen Heath to turn us into male fitness models, now that she is offering her services to the likes of us…

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Once we both hit the 700lb dl, we should both hire Jen Heath to turn us into male fitness models, now that she is offering her services to the likes of us… [/quote]

LOL! Your on buddy! Now, we have to decide what the bet is. Seeing as you are in “South Korea” (seriously dude, get outta there, they crazy!) gonna be hard to collect.

I’m thinking a couple of pitchers of beer and some wings. I am guessing you are in the US of A somewhere…

Have you ever hit 700 before?

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
PeteS wrote:
Once we both hit the 700lb dl, we should both hire Jen Heath to turn us into male fitness models, now that she is offering her services to the likes of us…

LOL! Your on buddy! Now, we have to decide what the bet is. Seeing as you are in “South Korea” (seriously dude, get outta there, they crazy!) gonna be hard to collect.

I’m thinking a couple of pitchers of beer and some wings. I am guessing you are in the US of A somewhere…

Have you ever hit 700 before?[/quote]

I am just south of you, kind of. Beautiful Minneapolis. I have come close, 670, before I had a two bulged disks a few years back. In a couple of hours I will have a much better idea of where I am at now…

BTW wings and beer sounds like a good plan

[quote]PeteS wrote:
BTW wings and beer sounds like a good plan[/quote]

670-- nice! According to Google Maps, your about 15 hours away by car, so really about 12 hours. Last couple of times I went and visited friends out in Manitoba I drove through Minneapolis. So we are on!

Last day of takin’ it kinda easy today… ready to start rampin’ up again.

SQUAT/ ASSISTANCE WORK

M.E. SQUAT
bar x yup, many
135x10
225x3
315x3
(belt on)
405 x 5 sets of three (real deep, pause at bottom)

D.E. SQUAT
225 x 3 sets of 3— nice and slow down
225x10 (2 second pause at bottom each rep)

SEATED DUMBELL PRESS
80 x 3 sets of 10

FRONT PLATE RAISE
45 X 3 sets of 10

D.B. SIDE DELT RAISE
40-30-20 x 2 drop sets to failure

D.B. REAR DELT RAISE
25 x 3 sets to failure

D.B. CURLS
40x8
45x5
50x5
55x5
60x5

ROPE CABLE HAMMER CURLS
100-80-60 x 1 drop set to failure

** Got some good blood flow in the elbows and the shoulders, hopefully clean some of the crap out… been nagging me lately. Time to shift into another gear me thinks… 8 weeks left**

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
PeteS wrote:
BTW wings and beer sounds like a good plan

670-- nice! According to Google Maps, your about 15 hours away by car, so really about 12 hours. Last couple of times I went and visited friends out in Manitoba I drove through Minneapolis. So we are on!

Last day of takin’ it kinda easy today… ready to start rampin’ up again.

SQUAT/ ASSISTANCE WORK

M.E. SQUAT
bar x yup, many
135x10
225x3
315x3
(belt on)
405 x 5 sets of three (real deep, pause at bottom)

D.E. SQUAT
225 x 3 sets of 3— nice and slow down
225x10 (2 second pause at bottom each rep)

SEATED DUMBELL PRESS
80 x 3 sets of 10

FRONT PLATE RAISE
45 X 3 sets of 10

D.B. SIDE DELT RAISE
40-30-20 x 2 drop sets to failure

D.B. REAR DELT RAISE
25 x 3 sets to failure

D.B. CURLS
40x8
45x5
50x5
55x5
60x5

ROPE CABLE HAMMER CURLS
100-80-60 x 1 drop set to failure

** Got some good blood flow in the elbows and the shoulders, hopefully clean some of the crap out… been nagging me lately. Time to shift into another gear me thinks… 8 weeks left**
[/quote]

Nice session. I believe I read you have had some shoulder injuries? For us in that boat the ‘blood flow’ work is super important, actually both to the shoulders and biceps. I also favor waves of high rep DB benching. Keeps the stabilizers healthy.

Nice squats Bunnydude.

New bench routine started tonight, compliments of Meat. He and I are racing to 1000 pound bench, raw. And so the saga begins…

Tonight’s training took place after a 10 hour shift in the gym in our basement at work. Needed a change of scenery and tempo… plus I was too lazy this morning. Sue me… or bite me… your choice, lol!

JUNE 16TH M.E. BENCH

3 BOARD BENCH
bar x 5,000
135x20
135x10
225x5
295x2 (right shoulder a little tender, %$#@!)
(working sets)
315x3
315x4
315x5
315x5
315x4

shoulder bugging me the 1st 2 sets, then warmed up

FULL ROM BENCH- PAUSED (trying to get 1 set of 6 reps paused, then move weight up)
275x6

PIN PRESS/ LOCKOUT (6-8 inch rom)
365x3
405 x 3 sets of 3

CLOSE GRIP BENCH (supposed to be with bands, forgot them in the car… fuck it)
225x10
225x9
225x6

ROPE CABLE TRICEP PUSHDOWNS
120 x 3 sets of 10

*elbows and shoulders tender tonight, I need a bandaid and a hug, waaaahhh

Gonna ask for a sled/ prowler for daddy’s day I think…

Hey Bunny,

goto ebay and type in dragging sled. I ordered the one with the handles ( name of store is goya) - can be used as a prowler also.
for routines on sled’s goto ironaddicts.com and look in the sled forum- good stuff.

hope this helps

Thanks Fischer… emailed the links to the wife and kids… maybe they will get the hint…

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
Thanks Fischer… emailed the links to the wife and kids… maybe they will get the hint…[/quote

So jealous, I think I am going to get new brakes for my truck for daddy day.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
bunny7568 wrote:
Thanks Fischer… emailed the links to the wife and kids… maybe they will get the hint…[/quote

So jealous, I think I am going to get new brakes for my truck for daddy day. [/quote]

yeah… i got a new battery for the Harley.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
PeteS wrote:
bunny7568 wrote:

[/quote]

Damn you guys are lucky - I get to work…

[quote]soldog wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
PeteS wrote:
bunny7568 wrote:
Thanks Fischer… emailed the links to the wife and kids… maybe they will get the hint…

Damn you guys are lucky - I get to work…[/quote]

I’m getting socks… because I don’t need any underwear.

Nice squats bunny! My recommendation would be the prowler. Love the sled, but the prowler kicks my ass