T Nation

Bulshit or Truth?

I’ve read the consumer report about legalsteroids.com and I came across this on a steroid site www.steroid.com/legal_steroid_alternatives.php

Anabolic Steroids or Steroid Alternatives?
Anabolic steroids are a sure fire way to enhance muscle tissue, but in some countries they are illegal and hard to find. Did you know that science has become so advanced that they have created products that mimic anabolic steroids, but have bypassed some countries laws, making them LEGAL? Steroid alternatives can provide a similar effect to anabolic steroids, but is legal because they do not convert to testosterone or hormones until they are ingested into the body! You get the same type of results with steroid alternatives as you do with anabolic steroids, but they are legal and cheaper! Some anabolic steroids can last up to 1 year in the body, but because of the fast acting effects of the oral or topical steroid alternatives, they only stay in your system for as little as 4 hours and up to a week or two! These legal steroid alternatives have been established to work! Many steroid users have switched over to using these steroid alternatives because of the prove muscle gains without the legal trouble. These products work so well that even many bodybuilding contests have BANNED them!! If you want results, but do not want the legal trouble, try some of these steroid alternatives!

What do you guys think?

I’m not sure of the current legal status of these new drugs, but the way the law seems to be evolving there is a precedent which legislators could use to ban these substances in the future. As I understand it the current legal loopholes that exist for ‘research chemicals’ to be sold for non-human consumption have been tightened up when it comes to chemicals with ‘psychotropic’ qualities. Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C 802) makes illegal anu substance which

"(i)the chemical structure of which is substantially similiar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I or II;

(ii) which has a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulent [sic], depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in scheduleI or II."

Thus the legislature can ban a substance because it has the same 'high’as a controlled substance, regardless of wether it is listed, itself, as a controlled substance.

While this currently applies only to psychotropic substances, it creates a framework which can be extended to any chemical which seeks to emulate the effect of any controlled substance.

That being said, we have to also take into account the general apathy of lawmakers in addressing pithy little issues such as this. The current law only exists because dumbass tennie boppers wanted to look for ways to make or simulate the effects of drugs like MDMA, and some ‘Darwined’ themselves in the process. Ergo it will probably take some dumbass high school wannabe superstar overdosing on a slow news day to bring steriod alternatives into the national spotlight to such degree that the monkies in congress act on this.

Unfortunately for responsible users (and here im really just speculating) actual steriods are probably going to become more controlled in this country (USA) in the future. As uninformed highschoolers up the ante in their futile attempt to ‘make it,’ statistically more will hurt themselves, or worse. When kiddies die it tends to grab national attention even in a society of the most complacent sheep.

If someone tried to sell you “new science chicken” and claimed that it taste the same and worked the same as the old chicken. Would you eat it?
Probably not.

If your gonna take the step, might as well take it right and not take experimental $hit. I have yet to see a post where someone said this crap works as well or better than the real deal.

Its like you guys are hanging on to one last thread of credibility or legality when considering these quazi-legal alternatives. Its not like you will get into a conversation and be able to defend yourself by saying “its legal because its a custom drug that hasnt been classified yet”.

By the way, i hope your not still considering this crap at 16 like your other threads suggested.

It looks as if they are doing the same thing legalsteroids.com is doing. The names of the product are not correct. They probably came to realize we know the names aren’t correct and tried to come up with some bullshit sale save.

[quote]maxx power wrote:
If someone tried to sell you “new science chicken” and claimed that it taste the same and worked the same as the old chicken. Would you eat it?
Probably not.

If your gonna take the step, might as well take it right and not take experimental $hit. I have yet to see a post where someone said this crap works as well or better than the real deal.

Its like you guys are hanging on to one last thread of credibility or legality when considering these quazi-legal alternatives. Its not like you will get into a conversation and be able to defend yourself by saying “its legal because its a custom drug that hasnt been classified yet”.

By the way, i hope your not still considering this crap at 16 like your other threads suggested.
[/quote]

amen dude, well put. im going to quote you on this the next time somebody asks me about haldorol/superdrol/etc.