bullshit

Yeah Diesel got to love the truble you always start…lol

If anon had been around for much time at all, he’d have read the very long thread on this exact topic (flaming newbies/dumb posts) that came up onthis board about five or six weeks ago. And he’d understand the background and reasoning behind the flaming, 'cause it was pretty well explained (by both myself and others). But, of course, de-lurking, throwing a sucker punch and then running and hiding is much more fun.

Oh, and anyone who tries to relate the oatmeal thread to the fish oil thread has some serious reading comprehension deficiencies. Thought I’d throw that out there - you know, just to make sure that I remain sufficiently arrogant that I don’t lose my Oh-So-Elite DP-member status…

:wink:

Sorry to say it, but some of you guys are real assholes sometimes. It seems you forget that you, too, were once a newbie and didnt know much, and in turn asked what seemed to be silly questions to those who did have the knowledge. And now that you have the knowledge, you act high and mighty and somehow better than those who do not. You were a moron newbie once, and it seems you are quick to forget or deny it. You werent born with the knowledge, nobody was, so get off your damn high horse. No matter how great you think you are, how strong you are, how smart you are, there is always someone better. A little humility goes a long way. The Greek beliefs on hubris/hybris come to mind here…

And to the ones that are indeed joking, on the internet it is very difficult to tell, that is what those emoticons are for, or even saying your are kidding or joking would work. it only takes three key strokes- j/k - easy as that.

(Apoo from The Simpsons voice) Thank you, come again! (end Apoo).

HOlly shit what the heack is this forum coming too?

All that is up here is a buch of threads that have turned in to bickering. Fuck people what are we 5?
I come here because I enjoy it not to bitch and point out how every one here sucks ass. Ass that smells like dead ass to boot!

Come on … anon03 dose have a point… I refer people here all the time.

For a new T-reader to read
all this shit can’t be too welcoming?!

anon03- First welcome…shake
Remember the way people treat you is no reflection of who you are but how they view themselves.

Trust me most of the people here are da bomb- i.e. Goldberg, (only because you have been named)

They have been here a long time and if they forget what it was like to be here for the first time that kinda sucks for you … but they make up for it in other ways!
So stick around!

Not to be a trouble maker but the reason the fat thread is considered more important by the “regulars” is because “regulars” were the ones discussing it.

Some of you really need to take the tampon out.

Your vaginas are apparently very irritated.

Goldberg, hold my hand !

No seriously, there has been a lot of fucking around, and play talk happening lately. Ya’ll need to take the prescription DocT prescribed.

Also, if you have a problem with someone, or something they said … you can PM them. Just a thought besides cramping up your fingers typing a long cry reply and riling up more people on this forum.

Oh DocT!!!

ROFL!!!

I think a more civilized way to say the same thing would be to refer to us (if you ment me and others) as a dilatants!

Thank you much

HOLY SHIT!!! Now you’ve done it!!! You pissed off Eva!!! I didn’t think that was possible. The sweet little girl actually swore! Oh my heavens! LOL. :wink:

Comparing Diesal to Goldberg is funny!!! No offense to either of you but while they are both in your face type of guys they post quite differently. :slight_smile:

Another thing to remember is that inflection and the actual meaning is hard to get in type vs actual speaking. Something that is meant as a joke can be taken much much worse. :slight_smile:

However I do think personal attacks to stupid questions is just asking for it. Personal attacks to stupid questions from egomaniacs is okay. :wink:

By the way I’m fucking great. :slight_smile:

please refer to my post in the lb.

Apparently the “regulars” are not any better than the guy in reader mail or trolling newbs.

I, for one, wouldn’t want Goldberg to stop being Goldberg. Where’s the fun in that?

In this format, I think we get just enough information about each other’s personalities to associate the people here to people we’ve known in our “real” lives. Sometimes those associations are good. Sometimes not. (I’ve known some “Goldbergs” who were really good guys, btw.) If we all really had the chance to get to know one another in person, I doubt these kinds of things would arise. But that ain’t gonna happen…

I’ll bet everyone here has now, or has had in the past, some kind of self-esteem issue. That’s probably what got everybody lifting in the first place. Given that, people are going to take some things personally that they really shouldn’t. It’s impossible to keep that from happening, but what everybody can do is RELAX. Plus, if you feel like someone is bullying you or taking a dump on your thread, it’s not too hard to PM them and say, “Hey, did you mean that to be personal? Did I say something to piss you off or what?” You’ll find out really quick if someone’s a jerk or not. If the answer is jerk, then you can feel free to rage against them all you want.

Just a couple of further points:

First, if the regulars are discussing something, it means that at least one of us thinks that there’s some merit in it. Given that the regulars - by and large - do, in fact, have more in the way of bbing knowledge/experience than the others, this means that the other regulars will take a little more time to think that maybe there’s something new or unusual or worthwhile about the point. Thus, a discussion ensues. So molsonman is correct: The reason the fat thread is considered more important by the “regulars” is because “regulars” were the ones discussing it. No argument there at all.

However, when someone who’s new to the game comes out with a “what do you think about this” type of question or comment, then the chances are that people have already thought of it, tried it, and (more than likely) discarded it. If that’s the case, then we’ll say so. And, assuming that the newbie listens, we’ll save him or her some time.

No, it’s not impossible that a newbie will come up with something that’s new, revolutionary and amazingly effective. But what are the odds? Seriously. And if s/he does come up with something good, then I for one will be very supportive and probably try whatever it is out. I think that most of the other regulars will tell you the same.

Second, to the point of “just ignore the post if you think it’s wrong”: And what would happen if we did that? The newbie gets his advice from someone like NeilG (the scapegoat of the hour) and - with no one else to tell him otherwise - thinks that it’s actually correct. Yeesh. No, I’ll flame people before I let that happen here. Sorry. If that makes me a bad guy, then I’m a bad guy.

Finally, to the point about how we were all newbies at one time: Yes, we all were. Can’t speak for anyone else, but in my case when someone taught me something I was sure to say thank you afterwards. And I didn’t argue with those who knew more. (I would question, perhaps, but not argue.) And I was never impolite.

Any newbie around here who meets those criteria will never have any problems on this forum. Guaranteed.

i let my feelings be known on this subject on another thread, but let me “weigh-in” one more time.

even after training for 20 plus years, and having semi-success as a strength athlete in several different sports, i still feel i have a lot to learn.

the main reason i post here is to ask questions as a matter of fact. so i have a problem when i see people on this forum who have less than half the track record as I who think they have it all figured out.

word to the wise: you can always learn something, even from someone who cant squat as much as you(wink).

DocT, can I have your baby?

To all those that are crying about “vets”:

1. Turn off Lifetime.

2. Put away the Ben&Jerry’s,

3. Even the Rocky Road.

4. Remove the LillethFair compilation CD from your stereo.

5. Take off your fuzzy bunny slippers.

6. Do NOT put on the reindeer slippers.

7. Go lift something heavy.

8. Repeat step 7 until you do not feel like opposing steps 1-6.

There are some seriously sensitive people out there who lack basic reading comprehension skills. I’m thinking these people are also the same ones that enter any group, be it a party, gym, or sorority initiation, and act like they fucking own the place. And then they are completely shocked and offended when someone puts them in their place.

And another thing… Hey where’d he go???

I got to say that we got some real sissies on this board if they are getting offended by an unknown person saying something. The first thing I did when I found this site was read everything I could. I doubt most newbies do this. Sorry, I have to agree with some of the vets. This thread is a little ridiculous. And Diesel, the topic wasn’t about THREE types of fish oils. It was about THREE different dosages of fish oils. If you are wondering why I put it in caps, it’s because I already said this in one of my posts earlier on in this thread.

Personally, I think that high jacking a thread with sarcastic comments just because you happen not to be interested in it is not proper forum procedure.

just curious jason, who are the sissies, in your opinion? me? does anyone else here feel that name-calling while being safely anonimous online is for “sissies”? or am i just an old fat dumb half-cuban redneck? just curious…