T Nation

Bullies! Share Your Stories

How many of you were either bullied, or were a bully in high school?

Share your stories. Did you see those people again after you graduated? How did it affect your life?

As i’ve stated in previous posts, I was a little smaller than average, didn’t participate in any sports or extra curricular activities, pretty shy, didn’t fit into any catagory, (still don’t)got pretty crappy grades, and just pretty average, overall. Of course, I was labled a “geek”.

Plus, I have a pretty funky last name, which was really the clincher.

So, yeah, I had a real fun time in school.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
How many of you were either bullied, or were a bully in high school?

Share your stories. Did you see those people again after you graduated? How did it affect your life?

As i’ve stated in previous posts, I was a little smaller than average, didn’t participate in any sports or extra curricular activities, pretty shy, didn’t fit into any catagory, (still don’t)got pretty crappy grades, and just pretty average, overall. Of course, I was labled a “geek”.

So, yeah, I had a real fun time in school.[/quote]

I don’t get bullied. Cuz I’m alpha.

just sayin…

was harassed a bit about my weight in high school and I have ran into some of them. Most are incredibly timid when approaching me. Two even joined my old gym, I refused too speak too them when they first joined unless they came and spoke too me. No apologies but they are afraid lol so thats a good thing i guess

In 7th grade there was a big girl who hated me for no reason. I weighed about 100 lbs. She was about 5’ 9" and at least 160 lbs.

I took my friend’s bus home one day not knowing she shared the same bus, same bus stop too.

We got off the bus. She attacked me. I fought back. The next day in school she had scabs from where I grabbed her neck in the mist of punching and kicking and dug my nails into her making her bleed.

Everyone was talking about what scrawny little me did to her. She apologized to me and wanted to be my friend after that.

During the bus ride home and the fight I was scared shitless but I wouldn’t dare run. I fought my best and won. It didn’t affect my life negatively because I won. It just reinforced what I already knew, to stand up for yourself.

interesting point you bring up about the possibility of your life being affected, I know for a fact that what I put up with did affect me I doubt I would have done weights too the extent I am, I also believe it has given me a narcissistic view of myself which has stunted my social growth as a person as I still see the fat kid from high school in the mirror.

I used too give some kids from school a rough time, in my final year I thought fuck it I’ll be friendly too everyone(except the ones who were ‘bullying’ me) and got too know the kids I had given crap too. At the end of the year I had realized I had made a massive mistake through the years, throughout the year I ended up apologizing too all of them for my actions and I still talk too some of them.

in the end everyone get bullied but everyone is affected differently - some kids take their frustration out in the gym others shoot up their school.

I was never bullied.

I was always a somewhat average to above average size and always played sports, so I ran with a pack.

I was a bully in years 4 and 5.
I was new at the school and one the first day this guy was really friendly to me. He became my first friend at the school but I soon realized he was a massive loser. In order to become popular I become meaner to him than all the other boys. Really slack of me I know, but I was also mean to this other really fat kid.

I was a scrawny guy and these guys could of squashed me easily, but I had my whole class (the whole year was one class) to back me up so they couldn’t do anything. One of the kids left that year, the other guy (who had first been my friend) left the year after. On the day he left he punched me in the stomach as payback, I called over my friends (pathetic, but this guy was huge, far bigger than anyone in the year) to tell him off. He left the school grounds with tears in his eyes, never to return.

I kinda learned my lesson that day (That 1. I needed to get stronger so if I did’nt have my friends around I could take care of myself and 2. Never to be such an asshole again. Suffice to say I became much a nicer person from then on. From year 8 onwards I started hitting the gym in order to get stronger (gaining me respect without making me need to bring down other kids for it). I also stood up for the little (or nerdy) guy after that, my dickhead past, while not haunting me, being a clear reminder of how not to act.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I was scrawny as a kid, so I had to fight every time I went to a new class or school. Thank god my mother told me to show no fear and always fight back.
My “greatest school fight” actually happened in first grade. I knocked one bully a milktooth out. I remember how the situation went from hostile to unreal in two seconds; me, flailing wildly and then him, the biggest guy in our class, sitting on his ass with wide eyes open in disbelief.
Ah, the memories…

[quote]imhungry wrote:

So, yeah, I had a real fun time in school.[/quote]

I bet my maiden name was even more funkier!!

I was bullied for standing up for the people that were bullied, lol…

I don’t think we had bullies in HS, by then most people in my school had matured from being retarded kids.

Now, in elementary school there was this one girl (funny name and ugly as sin), just about everyone made fun of her. I can’t imagine how horrible it must have been to go to school for her.

There were two kids that used to pick on me in second grade. They would follow me home and hit me with rocks and stuff.

One day one of my older brothers saw them doing this and yelled at me to kick there asses, and that was all it took. I beat the kid in my grade till his nose bled and knocked out a tooth, and chased the third grader till he fell on his face and got scrapped up.

It was kind of nice having older brothers to fight with, cause we were merciless to eachother. The problems arose when I would go off on other people the same way.

In ninth grade I went to a school in another city (private schools are a waste of money). I had never really gotten picked on before, but there was one kid who always messed with me.

This kid was shorter than me, but probably weighed 20 lbs. more than me (I was extremely skinny). He thought he was the shit cause he was on the wrestling team at a school where everyone makes it. Every time I’d walk by this kid he would bump into me and say something. At first I thought he was just kind of joking around, but after a while I found out he was serious.

I was in a small bathroom where there was one urinal adjacent to a toilet stall and the sink. I’m washing my hands and this fucker starts unzipping my backpack asking for my lunch money.

He is kind of standing sideways to me so I push him up and he flies into the stall with the door opening up. He does not fall all the way down because the wall stops him. He looked at me like I had just fucked his mother. I just stared at him and didn’t move for about the longest 20 seconds ever. He stayed in the stall. I proceeded to leave and the kid never even looked at me again.

There isn’t really much bullying in high school anymore, or at least not in mine. My school has 5500 kids, so there isn’t really “that kid” or anything. And my school is so strict. You’d get suspended if the dean was told about even verbal harassment.

Everyone just kind of minds their own business here. I just think most people are past the point of thinking that bullying is cool or something.

I was bullied a bit mostly through elementary and middle school. I barely spoke English from first through third grade and kids made fun of that. Also, my name really is Artem and kids thought of all sorts of fun ways to relate that to bodily functions.

I was a weird kid and pretty skinny, so I got a lot of shit. I also had, and still have, a very high sense of self-respect. When the “popular kids” would be picking on me, I’d never back down and if a kid bigger than me pushed me, I’d always push them back; not many people liked that.

Most of those kids are skinny losers who won’t make eye contact with me in the halls now though, so whatever.

I’ve never been bullied as such but people have taken advantage of my good nature in the past.

I was a fat kid from grade 7 to about grade 10, and always studied hard, so there was never any shortage of people trying to put me down or push me around.

However, I fought back (surprise, surprise, fatty can punch), so people rarely risked anything beyond verbal teasing. By the time I got more or less serious about not being a beached whale, most people mentally graduated beyond bullying. In a way, it was a much-needed wake-up call.

I was bullied hardcore on account of my ear deformation as well as a paralyzed left eye. I had a short time where I grew a bit and was a little bit stronger (albeit fatter) than other kids, so I took it upon myself to bully. Never hit anyone, any fight I’ve been in had to do with me being attacked.

Now, everyone loves me! I don’t have to bully, if someone pisses me off, I just show that I don’t respect them and they don’t bother me.

Was never a bully and never really got bullied. However it was terrible what my classmates did to this one guy at school. They were ruthless towards him. Whatever sport we were playing he’d always get hit with the ball (purposely thrown at).

He would get pushed around by almost everyone. He would get pushed against a fence (back of a baseball diamond) and people from both the front and the back would kick him and punch him. He had to start giving out money to people to get them to like him.

At our school we had a stone path, and guess what…these stones would also just be thrown at him. I don’t know how he didn’t shoot up the school because I haven’t said half of the things that happened to him. What I said wasn’t bad compared to what happened.

I had a bad name, and I was butt ugly so elementary school and junior high were hell for me.

I hit my breaking point in junior high and I started having blackouts which would end with me standing over someone lying on the ground bleeding.

It happened 3 times, and I never got in trouble because the person I beat up always had it coming, but it scared me. I spent years working on my rage issues and self control and I think that’s why the transition into this lifestyle has been so easy for me.

So maybe everything does happen for a reason, lol.