Bulletproof Shoulders for Fight!

[quote]drewh wrote:
I just started martial arts and i feel the max i can lift is three days a week. What program would you reccomend Mr. Waterbury Hammer Down Strenght is a little advanced and i feel i need more strength [/quote]

Start with the Waterbury Method. If after 2 weeks you’re feeling overtrained, add an extra day of rest between each training session.

Thanks

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Question about the shoulders. If we have no pain in our shoulders, do military press to keep shoulders strong, do lots of rowing, and I still practice my muay thai. Is there any benefit in me doing rehab stuff for my shoulders if I havent had any problems with them (no pain or anything) ever in my life 2 years into working out?
[/quote]

Absolutely there’s a benefit! Why? Because pain is the last part of an injury process. When you wake up with shoulder pain it could be due to an imbalance that started a year ago.

The great thing about prehab exercises are that they correct underlying issues before there’s a problem.

That’s why I came up with a series of tests I use for my fighters. I want to know what’s underlying so I can fix it before there’s a real injury.

Bottom line; keep doing shoulder rehab drills and you won’t be sorry.

Come on, man. I read the article. You did not “come up” with those tests. It’s the same stuff that has regularly appeared on T-Nation for years.

Basic stuff. Which isn’t to say it’s not useful. But claiming that you came up with those tests, or that they are specially designed for fighters, is just really off base.

Learn to read he never siad he came up with those tests he said he came up with a series of teste to use for his fighters there is a difference.

I caught this after flipping through the magazine after I picked it up off the stands the other day. Good work Chad! It came out great, very useful.

It would be awesome if you kept contributing, as I think the MMA community could seriuously benefit from a lot of the programs and ideas you teach.

Now that I think about my shoulder is starting to bug me after I tapped to this mornings kimura…

[quote]drewh wrote:
Learn to read he never siad he came up with those tests he said he came up with a series of teste to use for his fighters there is a difference.[/quote]

Drew, don’t let 'em drag you down. And always remember, on the forums: No good deed will ever go unpunished.

Its crazy people always post negative shit about authors. Poliquin, Boyle, Chek, it seems there are always some assholes who have some negative shit to say. YOu dissagree cool, you don’t have to share it with the world. These people really take away from those of us who want to learn and add things to our training.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Its crazy people always post negative shit about authors. Poliquin, Boyle, Chek, it seems there are always some assholes who have some negative shit to say. YOu dissagree cool, you don’t have to share it with the world. These people really take away from those of us who want to learn and add things to our training.[/quote]

Agreed.

Even if you do disagree, there’s a way to have an intelligent discussion about it without having to resort to pot-shots or barbs.

hi coach.
i want to ask u a question not about shoulders, but about acid reflux. I had terrible reflux for years than had a very successfull fundicudal operation which eliminated the symptoms.

I am training now very regularly since 18 month, but few months ago, and after an intensive squad session, the reflux started again. Do u think there is any relations between the 2? do u have any advice in this regard.

I finally found the magazine! Great article, Chad, thanks for pointing it out on the forum. I’m just healed up from a big fat shoulder injury, & this little program just became my insurance to make sure it doesn’t happen again. :slight_smile: