Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

[quote]damutt wrote:
and yet inquiring minds want to know[/quote]
Added another 5 lbs on squats again today…

We understand you’re going through a rehab period.

Mobility work

SSBar squats: working sets 3 x 5 x 160… went ahead and did 10 on last set.

Bench: worked up to 45lbs for 2 x 30. using a bar I got from Damut its a light Olympic bar about 15lbs.

Deads : 5 x 5 x 135…not even sure if im allowed to pull. Might want to ask next week or call the PT if its cool

More mobility work for shoulders…

You guys wanted numbers…

1 Like

The numbers are good… I am sure there are plenty of people that follow you and are curious at your rehab numbers. Seems you are setting a great example by starting with low weights and progressing… you will be back to your old self soon enough

Shit load of mobility and warm up stuff.

SSBar squats: went ahead and worked up to a top set of 205 for 5. Went by how my body felt probably could have gone heavier but my lower back was worn from the two other sessions this week. Which is the only negative I find from using that bar.

Bench: Did several warm up sets with the light O bar. Switched over to my thick bar at 60lbs did 3 sets of 30.

Seated OHP: 3 x 20 with a stick

One arm rows: 3 x 12 x 55

Happy to see you back- training.

sad that your bench rehab numbers are as big or bigger then my
bench numbers.

looking forward to reading how you come back.

[quote]brotardscience wrote:

looking forward to reading how you come back.
[/quote]
ugh trust me its going to be a long story.

By the way you remind me of someone…

Oh did I do something stupid this morning…
last night went to a wedding were I drank to much and stayed up too late.
This morning being slightly hung over I was working with Dakota this morning.
As he was pulling I got the stupid idea of trying a few tugs Sumo. On his last work set i went full RETARD and sumo pulled 315 x 15. yeah my out of shape ass will feel that real soon. My PT would have a shit fit if she knew.

We’re lifters. We can’t help it.

That’s the way to go beyond and get that damn gold at the end of the rainbow. Still a lot left in the tank I see.

[quote]cavalier wrote:
We’re lifters. We can’t help it.[/quote]
Only if your stupid which it was…

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Still a lot left in the tank I see.[/quote]
All thanks considered …surprisingly yes.

SSBar squat: worked up to 165 x 5. Decided to use a Light/Medium / Heavy approach lined out in Bill Starrs original book The Strong shall survive from here on out.

Axel Bar Bench: 65lbs X 50/30/20

OHP: 3 x 20 x stick…This is purely mobility work

One arm DB rows : 3 x 12 x 65 …Ok these felt ridiculous light even on the worked on shoulder.

well damn… It would appear that squatting three times a week with a SSBar may not be doable for my lower back to recover from even using some what lighter weight.

bull pup making it look easy.
dang

[quote]brotardscience wrote:
bull pup making it look easy.
dang[/quote]
Hes coming along nicely. He getting stronger hopefully it will pay dividends on the field this fall.

Come on and laugh you Bastards…

Hilarious!