Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

You piss somebody off?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Know I got a suggestion by the system to allow others to reply on this topic. On my own thread

1 Like

I think they are working on something.

1 Like

2 inches is OK, but 2.5 is True Dinosaur!

I love to see what happens when people try out some stuff for awhile. Great set, by the way.

3 Likes

Tell my girlfriend this please.

7 Likes

For clarification are you talking diameter or length? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I figured I should clarify on thatā€¦ even though most probably have a idea how brutal a bar that thick is.

2 Likes

Darnn my old ass is still feeling the ill effects of handling that big pipe !

4 Likes

coffe

Trap Bar deads: 435 x 6ā€¦ left a bunch in the tank

Well got a wild hair ( or stupid) and did some jokers ( I blame @clee78) ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!
485 x 3
535 x 3
555 x 3ā€¦ yeah that was enough pulling for the evening.

Pendlay rows: went light on these what to get the feel for them again
Kirk rows: 45/3 @ SW TR 45
Seated band hamstring curls: 50 total

2 Likes

Sore from the big pipe?
Hardly!

1 Like

Well now my backside is lit up, thanks to your bad influenceā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Strong work.
So what I try to do (Iā€™m 60 and try to keep my strength levels at 3,4,5,) is when Iā€™m hitting higher weights for me on my top set of the main lift , I cut back the weights on the 2nd or supplemental lift, also some volume. So 5 sets might be set 1 and 2 add some weight then 3,4,5 use the same weight nothing hard, or 3 sets a little heavier. Then do my push,pull, core.
Like you did with rows.
When I get stale or stuck , hopefully not injured with the top set, I cut back the TM and work harder on the 2nd exercise to help drive it back up, then hit the higher weights again same recipe with the 2nd exercise. I rarely vary my main lift but like to add variety on the 2nd lift.
I just go by how my training cycle is going when to ramp up and down. Usually itā€™s in 4-6 month blocks, which works for me.

Good luck and strong work.

2 Likes

No inout on the lifting, way out of my league,
But Psycho circus is a massively underrated album.

1 Like

Yeah KISS is passing through my neck of the woods on their farewell tour on my birthday. Wife is asking me if I want to go to the concert.

Another farewell tour?

Amazing how long they last :wink: )

I thought psycho circus was the farewell, and that was 97? God, Iā€™m getting old.

I have you beatā€¦ I can still recall when they stopped wearing the make up and went back to it in 98 ( googled it)

Well good news im not crippled up todayā€¦ no thanks to the bad influence of @clee78 :wink:

But I will say im been obviously been using a pretty low TM on the Trap Bar. But I have no plans of jumping it up.

2 Likes

crying

Seated BTNP: 190 x 3 ā€¦just did the bare minimal today. Things were feeling slightly off.
Swiss Bar close grip Bench: 185 x 10
215 x 8
250 x 6
Chins: some
curls: yeah
Push downs : a crap ton

2 Likes