Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

For what if’s worth, I find the leader/ anchor 2/1 cycles way too short.
I split my training a little by the weather.
But I like too just build up for 9-10 months. Reset as needed, and when I’m feeling good throw some extra weight on the bar , but not more often than 1x per wave per exercise, usually less like ev 2-3 waves. Then see what I can do at the end of the 9-10waves, unless a little injury pops up ( more than the aches and pains).
I think 531 is not great ,but doable for peaking. I’m sure many would disagree. It’s a framework for me to train.
Just my opinion.

1 Like

Bulldog%20gif2

Upper back and delts fried

1 Like

@bulldog9899 how did you get your shoulders so strong!

A shit ton of BTNP and DB pressing and standing when I was a young lad… not making a joke it built a some what solid foundation.

2 Likes

happy%20bulldog

Well after 2 days after my bought of insanity, I am not seeing any irritation in the actual shoulder joints.

3 Likes

Really great news on the shoulder parts.

Happy New Year.

Keep motivating us.

1 Like

Happy new year man!

Hey, same to you two guys!

new%20year%20(2)

off%20my%20lawn

DELOAD Decided this on a whim

Squat: 285 x 6
Good Mornings : 3 x 10 @ SW
Standing Cable crunches: 3 x 10

Figured I would take a actual verylight deload before I start back onto the next two waves.

1 Like

Happy New Year Dog

1 Like

hope yours was good…

download

Bench: 265 x 6
Pull ups : some
DB Incline press : 40 /3 @ SW TR 55
Floor DB extensions: 35/3 @ SW TR 36
Face pulls: 3 x 20

That was it.

1 Like

BD%20treadmill

Ok the oldest is getting over strep throat… Wife is coming down with something also. Wouldn’t you know it I’m starting to feel like ass . Give me a break… I just fully got over a bug from a few weeks ago !

1 Like

Hope your feeling better soon, and killing the BTN again

Thanks…Not yet in the walking dead mode just yet. Got my fingers crossed that I just got a case of the blahs going on and I will dodge any bugs.

download

Trap Bar : 335 x 6
DB rows: 40/4 @ SW TR 45
K Rows : 45/3 @ SW TR 55
Seat Band Hamstring curls: 50 total

a few things… Pushing the secondary stuff hard also holding off doing any direct midsection work. Believe that I might have a minor tweak in my lower abdominals.

Yippy treadmill …

Glad to read you’re successfully dodging bugs.

That might be yet to be seen😥