Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Crap wife reminded me we have plans this afternoon . Have to move lifting to Thursday.

Ted Arcedi lives in my area. He owns a local business selling workout equipment. I bought some used 45’s off him a few years ago. Nice guy.

Not going to lie . Im jealous even at my age I might find myself geeked out if I meet him.

bulldog%20weights

Bench: 340 x 9 
ehh started to feel sloppy so I said enough
Buffalo Bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 260 ( all reps paused)
Swiss bar inverted rows: total of 50 reps
Incline DB press: 3 x 10 -15 @ SW
Lying rolling DB extensions: 3 x allot @ SW
Band pulls to throat: 3 x 20

Wasnt sure how this session was going to turn out
 considering how things had went the past three session along with how I felt today, I had only planned on doing the bare minimum of reps. Well ego kicked in and made myself a liar

1 Like

What’s the buffalo bar like to bench with?
Like the old camber bar for more ROM?

It not that bad to use It’s not as extreme as the old school cambered bars. But yes I’m using it to increase the ROM and working the lower end of the movement

Nice !!
I’ve had my eye on one of those for sometime.
How does it sit in the rack J hooks for squats and BP?
Do you need to adjust it ever time ? Does the corner of the bar get ground up where it sits?

Well when i first got it I didn’t have allot of issues with it fitting some what secure in my j hooks. But I had a fabrication guy modify my j hooks for something( for the record I don’t have a bench with up rites so I rely on my power rack.) after I did that things got slightly wonky but not too bad. I will say even before that the bar would like to slide slightly when unloading 45 plates due to how it sits in the hooks . Haven’t notice allot of grinding on the knurling as of yet.

1 Like

ugh

Trap Bar Deads: ( for the record LOW handle since my bar doesn’t have high handle option)
430 x 10 
 dropped my TM had more reps in the tank but I got winded
5 x 3 @ 335

Trap Bar Rows: 40/5 @ SW TR 32
K shrugs: 3 x 15 @ SW
Seated band Hamstring curls: 50 reps
Standing cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW
Hip prehab stuff

1 Like

dorthy

Seated BTNP: 185 x 8 left reps in the tank. First time doing these in awhile and I did not want to over do them.

CG swiss bar bench: 5 x 5 @ 215 
 Been a long while . Forgot how awkward the bar can feel
Pull downs: 50/5@ SW TR 50
Curls: 25 /3 @ SW TR 28
Band push downs: 100 total reps done rest pause fashion . Fried them slightly

3 Likes

dumb%20bulldog|nullxnull

Damn 
upper back ,shoulders and triceps are fried today.

yes%20I%20squat

Squat: 385 x 5 
whoops! miss loaded was suppose to be 20lbs less
3 x 5 @ 285

Step ups: 3 x 10 @ SW
Goodmornings: 5 x 10 @ SW
Standing cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW
Hip prehab stuff

Was actually still feeling fatigued in the lower body from Trap bar deads on Saturday.

5 Likes

Do you have any real good stuff for the hip?

If your talking pre or rehab stuff . Not really since I view that stuff above my pay grade. At least in regards to advising other regarding that sort of thing especially if someone might be dealing with a issue.
I myself will hit up a physical therapist I know when stuff arises on my own end.

Keeping your cards close to your vest. I can respect that.

1 Like

Lol
 its nothing like that. I just feel im not qualified enough to advice people on specific rehab stuff . Prehab the only wisdom I have is identify the root cause and address it before things go down hill. Be it mobility issue
 muscle imbalance and so forth. I honestly dont have any Ace up my sleeve

1 Like

You’ve got good experience you can share.

in this case in only dealing with myself
 Happy cake day

Bad%20ass%20santa

Bench: 325 X 5 ( no planned plus sets) set up was crap so my form was way off should have racked it and set back up.
Buffalo bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 245 ( all reps paused)
Swiss bar inverted rows: 50 total reps
Incline DB press: 40/3 @ SW TR 47
Lying floor DB extensions: 35/3 @ SW TR 45
Face pulls: 3 x 20 (band)

3 Likes

I love that scene were they come charging out of the castle and the trees are all blooming and everything is all hype and vigorous.

1 Like